Page 280 of 985 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290330380780 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    No, Democrats really shouldn't create there own Trump. Being President is about helping keep the nation secure and content, not about tackling personal goals and dick raising contests.

Trump is something that is unprecedented. It's a level of incompetence and evil we will never truly see again in this mixture. It's archaic, racist, incompetent, treasonous, full of rape/Nazi apologists, isolationist, economically incompetent, and is run by people that have gone bankrupt both financially and ethically. This is a mixture we will not see again for a long time. These are people who will die in office or a little after this administration. The people who make this possible will quietly disappear, you can guarantee that. Making another Trump is not the answer.

What would get Democrats in control again? Get on the side of the people, but unlike Trump, actually fulfill that bargain.
    -Building initiatives like for Florida who is constantly getting pelted by Hurricanes to make cities safer.
    -Take the initiatives to roll out funding to help upgrade schools to prevent shootings
    -Gun buybacks as a form of tax incentive
    -Initiative to hire guards out of the military for schools so that they can retain employment and keep kids safe
    -Create funding for medicinal developments
    -Campaign for Marijuana legalization with new developments to help the industry, Marijuana derived medicines maybe?
    -Fund and assist in development of clean energy sources and implementation - Tesla is already rolling out cleaner cars, maybe an incentive to create lower-cost variants?
    -Advanced transportation - boring company train-line

They can do all of this without getting in-line for the presidency but by the time they do the people will have turned on the GOP. Because if you make the people's live's better they will reciprocate that. Everybody loves a hero, not empty promises.
    I don't think anyone is trying to create a new Trump here, just get someone who can turn all the resentment, disappointement, and frustration of the average voter into (I hate to say it) Enthusiasm. I believe people shouldn't have to be enthusiastic to go to the polls, but I guess that's what we need now.

Now how can Dems do ANY of that without getting the presidency and at least a slim majority in congress?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While it could be said that these neanderthals are taking their cues from President "Grab 'Em By The P***y", a goodly number of these shitstains were already bad actors long before Trump stuck his stubby fingers into politics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If it wasn't for his age, I'd think he'd make a good President. I mean, he's 76. I already had decided that, unless the other choices were really bad, I probably wouldn't vote for anyone 70 and older. Even if that sounds ageist, I see it as more practical. I'd want to elect someone who could stay in office for 8 years, not a 4 year candidate.
    This new ageism thing regarding Presidents is going overboard. The whole point of a VP is the line of succession. It’s the reason you vote for a Presidential ticket. This is already accounted for

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    *cough* Duckworth *cough*
    Warren

all the coughs

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Boy, I sure do love that this damn hurricane has gotten up to almost a Cat 5 right before it gets to land and obliterates the city I live in.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

*cough* Duckworth *cough*
    Hey, fine by me. If Duckworth runs, she'll have my vote.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Boy, I sure do love that this damn hurricane has gotten up to almost a Cat 5 right before it gets to land and obliterates the city I live in.
    My son lives in Pensacola. He isn't near the coast, but close enough to the Escambia River to worry me.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Yeah, that'd be pretty damn worrying. I'm in Dothan, AL and while we don't have to worry about flooding, the eye wall is gonna be coming really freaking close here.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I have friends in Florida, and it looks like they'll get hit hard.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Yeah, that'd be pretty damn worrying. I'm in Dothan, AL and while we don't have to worry about flooding, the eye wall is gonna be coming really freaking close here.
    Best of luck to you and yours.

I have friends in Florida, and it looks like they'll get hit hard.
    And to your friends as well WPP.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    This new ageism thing regarding Presidents is going overboard. The whole point of a VP is the line of succession. It’s the reason you vote for a Presidential ticket. This is already accounted for
    My view on older politicians: They're going to have to turn things over to successors eventually, and they shouldn't wait until they're about to die as a surprise health issue could take them out in a literal heartbeat. The experience and insights they've had would be lost, and any impact they'd hope to make on the future would be out of their hands/control completely. I also think that people too far removed from the reality of working life (By wealth and/or length of time) shouldn't be continually kept around to lead, as it leads to the disconnect we see in many congressmen compared to their constituents.

We need new leaders to bring us into a future that many older people just can't wrap their minds around, and that calls for those who are younger and/or more flexible of thought while not being steeped in the corrupting traditions rampant in politics.

Just stay safe, property can be replaced.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    My view on older politicians: They're going to have to turn things over to successors eventually, and they shouldn't wait until they're about to die as a surprise health issue could take them out in a literal heartbeat. The experience and insights they've had would be lost, and any impact they'd hope to make on the future would be out of their hands/control completely. I also think that people too far removed from the reality of working life (By wealth and/or length of time) shouldn't be continually kept around to lead, as it leads to the disconnect we see in many congressmen compared to their constituents.

We need new leaders to bring us into a future that many older people just can't wrap their minds around, and that calls for those who are younger and/or more flexible of thought while not being steeped in the corrupting traditions rampant in politics.
    Being younger doesn’t make you better. Sometimes the people that are there for a long time are because they are really good at it

Warren

all the coughs
    HARD PASS!
    Stay safe. Your eccentricities are appreciated around here.
    Hey, fine by me. If Duckworth runs, she'll have my vote.
    I'll friggin' ring door bells for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

Speaking of Veeps, I wouldn't mind seem them on a separate ballot again.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Being younger doesn’t make you better. Sometimes the people that are there for a long time are because they are really good at it
    Did you see me say "All we need is someone younger"? Do you not understand how elder statesmen groom successors? Or is it that you're not actually looking for honest discussion as usual.

Speaking of Veeps, I wouldn't mind seem them on a separate ballot again.
    Agreed, but I wish there was a more honest nomination process in general that didn't include us being handed a small plate of choices to choose from in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Best of luck to you and yours.
    Same to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just stay safe, property can be replaced.
    Will do. Mostly worried about all the pine trees that are huge around here and making sure they don't reach the house if they fall.

Stay safe. Your eccentricities are appreciated around here.
    Lol, will do. Our power's starting to blink so we're probably getting the bad stuff in the next couple of hours.