Page 65 of 985 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast

Come on. Look at that.

While I'm not going to say government did zero, "Came About Because..." is a pretty serious stretch.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Welp, I tried to get this thread back to news...
    Oh, get off your cross. It's a news and politics thread. No one is off-topic.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

American Charged In Uganda After Racist Assault On Hotel Workers

I think this guy has his MAGA t-shirt inside out.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The forty hour work week?
    Like every great social reform before it, the U.S. government fought the implementation of an eight hour workday like an enraged raccoon. Police gunned down striking labour unionists in the streets of New York and Chicago for campaigning for this.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    American Charged In Uganda After Racist Assault On Hotel Workers

I think this guy has his MAGA t-shirt inside out.
    Oh my god, that staff is like the best hotel staff in the world. If that sucker-punching old bastard had laid hands on me like that, they'd be looking for his dentures in his throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Like every great social reform before it, the U.S. government fought the implementation of an eight hour workday like an enraged raccoon. Police gunned down striking labour unionists in the streets of New York and Chicago for campaigning for this.
    Exactly.

Trying to frame it like it "Came About Because..." of who was in government just doesn't track.

Government eventually passed it, but they were anywhere but out in front on it.

Workers(and to a limited degree, business) are the reason the forty hour work week eventually happens.

BANNED

Just realized i'm more into reading this page now, rather than adding my own voice anymore lol.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Just realized i'm more into reading this page now, rather than adding my own voice anymore lol.
    Why's that?
    Baby Thanos

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    Anyone know if the religious freedom squad will be protecting these folks?

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world...ech-rally.html
    They don't usually, but considering the separation of church and state that is supposed to be going on in this country, then yes, if given the right paperwork (and in Arkansas the legislator) they are more than allowed to erect the statue.

Being that this is over the 10 commandments statue it's basically saying that if Christian or Catholic monuments can be erected, what is honestly stopping a statue of Baphomet? In America you either have the freedom of religious expression, or you don't, you don't get to be picky about it.

In the case of Arkansas it requires a legislative sponsorship, which means the government has to endorse what your doing which is bad if we are separating church and state no matter what it is. It's a proclamation of interests and that just isn't fine.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Exactly.

Trying to frame it like it "Came About Because..." of who was in government just doesn't track.

Government eventually passed it, but they were anywhere but out in front on it.

Workers(and to a limited degree, business) are the reason the forty hour work week eventually happens.
    That's how it works. You vote for people who you know will listen to you. So when they get into office, you send them letters, you make phone calls, you lobby and then those politicians know which bills to bring up to a vote. Sometimes, the activists have to write the bills themselves, but we still need the Congressional Representatives and Senators to bring the bills to a vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I agree about Audie Murphy. He received every American combat award for valor available at the time of his service, including the Medal of Honor. He also received decorations from France and Belgium. In addition, Murphy received the Texas Medal of Honor.

On 25 February 1945 and 3 March 1945, Murphy received two Silver Stars for further heroic actions. The French government awarded Murphy its Chevalier of the Legion of Honor (France's highest military and civil honor) and two Croix de guerre medals. He received the Croix de guerre 1940 Palm from Belgium.

Audie Murphy was really brave, but he was troubled by what people today call "Post-traumatic stress disorder" or PTSD.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_...ors_and_awards
    The movie about Audie Murphy even had to tone stuff down because the producers thought no one in the audience would believe it if they showed the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That's how it works. You vote for people who you know will listen to you. So when they get into office, you send them letters, you make phone calls, you lobby and then those politicians know which bills to bring up to a vote. Sometimes, the activists have to write the bills themselves, but we still need the Congressional Representatives and Senators to bring the bills to a vote.
    Again, the issue is not "Did It Eventually Get Done?"

It's trying to give the credit to someone who does not deserve it after the fact.

Since many workers had an actual forty hour week before government acted, trying to frame it as "The forty hour work week came about because certain people were in office." makes no sense.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

I still don't understand how sending letters is going to convince anyone to do anything if they know for 100% certain you are going to vote for them regardless.
    Baby Thanos

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Looks like that Michelle Wolf show is a goner...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...ow/1025018002/
    Shame, I enjoyed her show.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Again, the issue is not "Did It Eventually Get Done?"

It's trying to give the credit to someone who does not deserve it after the fact.

Since many workers had an actual forty hour week before government acted, trying to frame it as "The forty hour work week came about because certain people were in office." makes no sense.
    To the people who didn't have to slave 48 to 64 hours anymore, "Did It Eventually Get Done?" sort of kind of mattered.

If you do not care about "Did It Eventually Get Done?" you would probably, I dunno,vote third party or write in somebody.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!