Page 685 of 985 FirstFirst ... 185585635675681682683684685686687688689695735785 ... LastLast
Results 10,261 to 10,275 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Supreme Court temporarily allowing Trump's Transgender Military Ban to go in effect until the case is taken up next term. Which is a**-backwards from what normally happens in a case like this.
    It was a 5-4 decision.

Elections matter.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Opinions: Five reasons Trump may be a one-termer

President Trump’s critics have repeatedly complained that when it comes to his rhetoric, attacks on Democratic norms and incompetence, “Nothing matters.” We’ve learned in the last couple of months just how wrong that is: His approval has cratered; Democrats won the House with a 40-seat trouncing; House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) continues to run rings around him; and Republicans now part with him on Russia policy matters — and a smaller number on reopening the government.

Court filings show that Paul Manafort continued to communicate with Trump’s lawyers during the time he was supposed to cooperate with the special counsel. He allegedly gave private polling information to and discussed a Ukraine peace deal with Konstantin Kilimnik (i.e., colluded) during the campaign.

Rudolph W. Giuliani seemed to acknowledge that Trump campaign staff may have colluded with Russians even if Trump did not — but then, collusion isn’t a crime (or something).

While the special counsel’s office, in an unprecedented move, called into question a BuzzFeed article concerning purported evidence of Trump’s subornation of perjury, Cohen has provided evidence that Trump continued to pursue the Moscow Trump-branded tower deal during the 2016 campaign.

Contrary to pessimistic assessments of his durability, Trump’s chances for a second term are shrinking with little hope of an about-face in public opinion. How did we get to this point?
    First, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III does his job methodically, secretly and effectively, wrapping up one witness after another. Despite the Trump onslaught, he retains the confidence of most Americans.

Second, Trump’s play-to-the-base strategy was a blunder with enormous ramifications. Sure, about 30 percent of the electorate will believe whatever Trump says, no matter how absurd. The Trump cult however now stands isolated from everyone else.

Third, in the midst of a scandal, most presidents can fall back on their role as commander in chief and architect of U.S. foreign policy to sustain their aura of power. Trump’s foreign policy, aside from the taint from his subservience to Russia, is characterized as chaotic, frightening and entirely ineffective.

Fourth, Trump’s narcissism, incompetence and rotten judgment have led him to force out any adviser with a modicum of common sense, experience and influence.

Finally, a primary challenge to Trump was once unthinkable. However strongly Republicans cling to Trump in the face of Democratic attacks and harsh media coverage, Republicans are increasingly open to a primary challenge.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

iMan 42s

The GOP is corrupt, Trump went ahead with the Trans-gender ban, the government still isn't open, and we are making excuses for little **** stains in MAGA hats. I hate everything right now.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm tired of all this "winning" myself.

Can someone tell me what exactly it is about Trump that makes these formerly influential members of the GOP turn to cowards with spines made out of jello? Ryan was supposed to be their next big thing as speaker of the House working in tandem with McConnell, who seems to be hiding in a cave somewhere. If Mitch comes out and sees his shadow, does that mean the shutdown will last another month?

But Ryan just seemed to give up altogether. I don't feel any pity for him at all. They all know that Trump is an incompetent fool with the attention span of a fly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Can someone tell me what exactly it is about Trump that makes these formerly influential members of the GOP turn to cowards with spines made out of jello? Ryan was supposed to be their next big thing as speaker of the House working in tandem with McConnell, who seems to be hiding in a cave somewhere. If Mitch comes out and sees his shadow, does that mean the shutdown will last another month?

But Ryan just seemed to give up altogether. I don't feel any pity for him at all. They all know that Trump is an incompetent fool with the attention span of a fly.
    Trump's force of personality does tend to have a pretty intimidating effect on people who are easily swayed by that sort of thing, and it's not like the GOP leadership were exactly profiles in courage before this.

Supreme Court temporarily allowing Trump's Transgender Military Ban to go in effect until the case is taken up next term. Which is a**-backwards from what normally happens in a case like this.
    I was just about to post about this. https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/22/polit...&utm_term=link

But yeah...I guess this will give those maga idiots something to feel good about? Nevermind the workers currently working without pay, or the millions this shutdown is costing us. The government isn't supposed to make our lives better and even the playing field. Its suppose to make life worse for "other" people. Like that one lady said. He's not hurting who he needs to be hurting. And now they can finally say that he is hurting who they want him to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Sure, but they couldn't do a damn thing with him since Trump's a loudmouthed bully who loves pushing his weight around and making the world bend to his will. Republicans clearly weren't prepared to deal with an egomanaical ogre like Trump, in the beginning, they thought they could control him, use him as a figurehead while Red Grant, Turtle Boy or Eddie Munster would be the real power behind the throne. However, they failed to anticipate Trump bringing a take no prisoners approach to politics, and that he wouldn't be controlled by ANYONE, rather HE'D do the controlling. Once the GOP realized they created a monster who amassed a fanatically loyal base of voters devoted more to HIM than the party, a base they needed to maintain the power they reclaimed in Washington, they basically rolled over, played dead, and the Republican Party effectively became the Trump Party. The far bigger problem is that even after Trump leaves, his lemmings will still be around, waiting for the next bull-in-a-china-shop demagogue to take his place and lead them by the nose, and Republicans will have no choice but to give them what they want or become irrelevant.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 01-22-2019 at 09:20 AM.

It's like I said some two months ago, Turtle Boy was playing the long game, willing to sacrifice the House, maybe even the Senate in the midterms for the more important goal of putting a conservative like Brett Kavanaugh on the bench so he could rubber stamp Trump's wishes like the TG ban. And here we are, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's like I said some two months ago, Turtle Boy was playing the long game, willing to sacrifice the House, maybe even the Senate in the midterms for the more important goal of putting a conservative like Brett Kavanaugh on the bench so he could rubber stamp Trump's wishes like the TG ban. And here we are, like it or not.
    We keep telling people: Elections matter.

I'd imagine he will do anything in his power to keep trump in office in the hopes that Ruth dies before the next election.

After that, Trump can be discarded as needed.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I'd imagine he will do anything in his power to keep trump in office in the hopes that Ruth dies before the next election.

Yeah but (he says with total sarcasm) if that happens in 2020 they will have to wait until after the election, like they did with Scalia.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

For a time yesterday, it looked like Turtle Boy had gotten his wish, until it turned out he hadn't:

Fox News accidentally aired a tribute image of Ruth Bader Ginsburg that made it look as if she'd died

Even Donald Trump's favorite network traffics in fake news. Who knew?

For a time yesterday, it looked like Turtle Boy had gotten his wish, until it turned out he hadn't:

Fox News accidentally aired a tribute image of Ruth Bader Ginsburg that made it look as if she'd died

Even Donald Trump's favorite network traffics in fake news. Who knew?
    I greatly admire and respect Ruth Bader Gingsberg, but having Trump in office has made life for her even harder. Let's assume that she ever had or would have considered retiring, the pressure on her now not to must be enormous.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I greatly admire and respect Ruth Bader Gingsberg, but having Trump in office has made life for her even harder. Let's assume that she ever had or would have considered retiring, the pressure on her now not to must be enormous.
    Perhaps I'm reading the situation wrong, but I don't think there's any pressure on RBG to stick around. It's clear she's a tough old broad (said with affection) who's not going to let Republicans or Democrats dictate how she lives her life and career and will call it quits on HER terms, and no one else's. Hell, she's survived cancer for god's sake, I seriously doubt RBG is the least bit rattled by a shitstain like Trump.