Page 184 of 985 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 14769
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The big thing is that Trump likely wants someone who will rule he can't be prosecuted and/or the Mueller investigation is unconstitutional, and he will likely refuse to consider anyone else unless he can get the same assurances.
    If true, that would be poco loco!

Weekly, sometimes daily, I fight to avoid believing the worst rumors about Trump, because I don't want to sound like those screwball republiconspiracy nuts. It's waaaay worse though, when the crazy parts are so often the banal truth.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Avenatti is also intimating he has a 3rd, as yet unnamed accuser.

I already saw that former Trump flack AJ Delgado has responded and predicted that Senate Republicans pressure Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination by Wednesday, so they don't spend Thursday interrogating Christine Blasey Ford and make their party look even more stupid than they've been for the past ten days in an open hearing, recreating the Anita Hill hearings. Especially for a guy with TWO MORE accusers waiting in the wings, and when they can just plug in one of the other Federalist Society favorites who hopefully haven't been repeatedly sexually assaulting women.

The female judge seems the most likely to fit that bill. I'd hope, anyway.
    I stand a better chance of winning the Powerball Lottery than an utter misogynist like Trump nominating a woman should Bob ‘n’ Weave Brett lose out. Unless of course, that woman promises to keep Trump safe from impeachment proceedings, and/or declares the Mueller investigation unconstitutional.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I stand a better chance of winning the Powerball Lottery than an utter misogynist like Trump nominating a woman should Bob ‘n’ Weave Brett lose out. Unless of course, that woman promises to keep Trump safe from impeachment proceedings, and/or declares the Mueller investigation unconstitutional.
    While I know I mentioned that the "Best Out Of A Bad Situation..." move would be to nominate a woman, I do tend to agree with the idea that Trump might not be able to bring himself to put a woman into a position to act as a check on the branch that he is currently a part of.

Avenatti is also intimating he has a 3rd, as yet unnamed accuser.

I already saw that former Trump flack AJ Delgado has responded and predicted that Senate Republicans pressure Kavanaugh to withdraw his nomination by Wednesday, so they don't spend Thursday interrogating Christine Blasey Ford and make their party look even more stupid than they've been for the past ten days in an open hearing, recreating the Anita Hill hearings. Especially for a guy with TWO MORE accusers waiting in the wings, and when they can just plug in one of the other Federalist Society favorites who hopefully haven't been repeatedly sexually assaulting women.

The female judge seems the most likely to fit that bill. I'd hope, anyway.
    The Avenatti claim is pretty bold.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    If true, that would be poco loco!

Weekly, sometimes daily, I fight to avoid believing the worst rumors about Trump, because I don't want to sound like those screwball republiconspiracy nuts. It's waaaay worse though, when the crazy parts are so often the banal truth.
    I can understand that, but given all of Trump's comments about the investigation, I'm presuming he wants a court pick who will rule against it unless proven otherwise. Notice that I said unless, not until.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Would you like to see how the Senate GOP looks trying to debunk the story of Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, and their friends tried to throw parties to get women drunk, drug them, and "run a train" to gang rape them? Does that sound out-of-character compared to the other tales of Georgetown Prep at the time?

Again, Mets, ask yourself, why you bother playing defense for these people, before you do it. Because I don't see how that's worth it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

So let's review the Kavanaugh nomination process...

• He's picked by Trump.
    • The Trump White House, Sen. Chuck Grassley and the GOP refuse to release his record as a judge, or working at the White House during the Bush administration, and conceal much of his efforts working as a partisan investigator for Ken Starr during the Clinton administration.
    • Kavanaugh is revealed, through what IS known from his confirmation hearings to be a federal judge, to have perjured himself on multiple occasions.
    • Kavanaugh perjures himself a few more times during his Supreme Court hearings.
    • Fox News and the Senate GOP keep going out of their way to push the "family man" image of Kavanaugh, and talking about how he coaches his daughters' sports teams. It's a talking point repeated word for word on Fox News. It's the narrative conservatives wanted, in case his past at Georgetown Prep got out.
    • Christine Blasey Ford comes forward.
    • The Senate GOP start harassing Ford, trying to deny her testimony, try and create conditions to make it easier to discredit her, and trying to force a vote on Kavanaugh FASTER. The Republican Party and Fox News begin a smear campaign to discredit Ford, not unlike during the Anita Hill hearings.
    • Kavanaugh is called back to the White House where for NINE HOURS he's sat down.
    • One of Sen. Orrin Hatch's aides, Ed Whelan, goes as far as to invent a "evil twin" theory and accuses one of Kavanaugh's classmates of being the person who sexually assaulted Christine Blasey Ford.
    • Trump starts attacking Ford in the media, because he can't resist staying out of it, or being on a woman's side in a sexual assault allegation. What with 16 accusers of his own.
    • Word breaks on a second or third accuser will be coming, so the GOP Senate starts trying EVEN HARDER to nominate a man accused of sexual assault or attempted rape or rape by multiple women FASTER. FULL STOP: Republicans respond to multiple accusers coming forward reporting Kavanaugh attempted to rape or sexually assaulted them by working to get him on the Supreme Court FASTER.
    • Multiple Republicans running for office weigh in, including Congressman Kevin Cramer, a candidate running neck and neck with Heidi Heitkamp, Iowa Rep. Steve King, and others.
    • The Senate GOP caves and finally decides to hold hearings on Thursday 9/27, to allow Ford to tell her story.
    • Word hits on Accuser #2, Deborah Ramirez, from Ronan Farrow. His story also has an interview with a woman who was the friend of Mark Judge, Kavanaugh's friend at Georgetown Prep, who says Judge confessed to her that his friends got a girl drunk and gang-raped her at one of the parties Kavanaugh was supposedly in attendance at.
    • Avenatti has a third accuser, whose story seems to indicate she is the unnamed victim, or an altogether different victim, of one of the parties Judge discussed occurring.

Again, if you still can call yourself a proud Republican after seeing your party not just push for Kavanaugh, not just slander his accusers, but that the more women came forward, they tried HARDER to get him on the Supreme Court...

Well, can't say I have much respect for your political choices, since they support some inhuman s*** in the name of ideology.

Would you like to see how the Senate GOP looks trying to debunk the story of Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, and their friends tried to throw parties to get women drunk, drug them, and "run a train" to gang rape them? Does that sound out-of-character compared to the other tales of Georgetown Prep at the time?

Again, Mets, ask yourself, why you bother playing defense for these people, before you do it. Because I don't see how that's worth it.
    I'll be honest. The main reason I engage in these discussions is to learn more about what's going on, and how to articulate my views.

I'm willing to point out things that are problematic to the right as well as to the left. Hell, I posted about the Avenatti claim and the Farrow/ Mayer piece before you did. There is a worrisome subtext (sometimes it's even text) to some of your comments where you don't engage with the argument, and suggest it's more important to be on the right side overall (always opposing Trump, always supporting Democrats, etc.) than to be right about a particular issue. This is a worrisome trend in modern politics, where it's all about sides rather than facts, and when I see you guys falling into it, I do want to point it out in the hopes you're better than that.

In this case, you did criticize me for a very anodyne, unobjectionable point "The Avenatti claim is pretty bold." A claim that Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge and others regularly gang-raped women is a strong one.

My guess is the Senate GOP is happy to engage in this one. One of the defenses of Ms. Ford is that the rape allegations that turned out to be demonstrably untrue tended to be really outrageous (the Rolling Stone UVA report, the accusation against the Duke Lacross, etc.)

A reporter for Vox describes it.

Studies have found that false accusations are quite rare, but when they do happen, they tend to share several important characteristics. To anyone familiar with false rape accusations, the striking thing about this story is that it’s so undramatic. False stories typically have a lurid quality, often involving bizarre forms of cruelty that don’t always strictly make sense.

A good example is the University of Virginia student who accused several fraternity brothers of gang rape in a 2015 Rolling Stone article that was later proved to be fabricated. In the article, the accuser said that her attacker jumped her and crashed them both through a glass table to the floor, where he and six other men proceeded to rape her on the broken glass for three hours while calling her “it” and behaving with inhuman brutality.

In another famous case, a stripper hired to dance at a party at Duke falsely accused members of the lacrosse team of rape. In her story, the accuser described being suspended from a ceiling in the bathroom while three men attacked her at once. In another version of her story, she said she had been raped by 20 white men.

The reason for this dramatizing tendency is clear. There’s no point in making up a rape story that may cause people to minimize the seriousness of the allegation or make them think, “So what?” It’s crucial to a false accuser to tell a story so horrific that no normal person could fail to be moved.
    Ms. Ford's story doesn't fit that category. The story that Avenatti describes in the letter to a congressional employee does.

Perhaps multiple gang rapes went unreported in the Washington DC area, had not come to light until more than two months after Kavanaugh was nominated, and Michael Avenatti has some solid evidence on this topic.

If he doesn't, Republicans will be very happy to defend Kavanaugh against this claim, especially since this time they'll have an easy bad guy (the wealthy lawyer open about using dirty tricks.)

I'm interested in one thing. Do you think Avenatti's claims are true? At this point, would you say it is more likely than not that Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, and others regularly gang-raped multiple women in Washington DC house parties? If you don't think the allegation is true, your glee about it is troublesome.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm interested in one thing. Do you think Avenatti's claims are true? At this point, would you say it is more likely than not that Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, and others regularly gang-raped in Washington DC house parties? If you don't think the allegation is true, your glee about it is troublesome.
    Glee?

I'm f***ing disgusted right now. I am angry to the point of disgust, and I'm baffled that you appear to not be. The GOP are trying to appoint someone accused of living a Brett Easton Ellis novel through his high school and college years who keeps perjuring himself onto the Supreme Court. This isn't anything to be happy about. This is a low point for our country.

And one that your party of choice seem intent to, for whatever reason, go forward with.

As far as Avenatti goes... has he presented any information about his clients yet that has been debunked? Because last time I checked, he's been consistently delivering the goods, and that's why Michael Cohen got indicted, and flipped, and literal audio of Trump came out doing exactly what Avenatti said he did. To sum up, I would believe Avenatti and an accuser who have yet to have been caught lying to the public over Kavanaugh, who HAS been caught in lies MULTIPLE TIMES.

Glee?

I'm f***ing disgusted right now. I am angry to the point of disgust, and I'm baffled that you appear to not be. The GOP are trying to appoint someone accused of living a Brett Easton Ellis novel through his high school and college years who keeps perjuring himself onto the Supreme Court. This isn't anything to be happy about. This is a low point for our country.

And one that your party of choice seem intent to, for whatever reason, go forward with.

As far as Avenatti goes... has he presented any information about his clients yet that has been debunked? Because last time I checked, he's been consistently delivering the goods, and that's why Michael Cohen got indicted, and flipped, and literal audio of Trump came out doing exactly what Avenatti said he did. To sum up, I would believe Avenatti and an accuser who have yet to have been caught lying to the public over Kavanaugh, who HAS been caught in lies MULTIPLE TIMES.
    Without picking a side...

The thing that comes to mind is the same thing that comes to mind whenever someone alleges the existence of some sort of a conspiracy.

The assertion seems to be "In addition to that this happened, no one who was injured or a witness has come forward until now and everyone involved has kept their mouth shut."

While anything is possible, my first reaction to that sort of thing is to doubt that any conspiracy that watertight exists.

Glee?

The description of the accusations as seeming to come out of a Brett Easton Ellis make me skeptical rather than disgusted.

As for Avenatti's credibility, his coffee company has been sued 42 times, and he had a legal fight with his partner in the venture, the actor Patrick Dempsey.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ness-dealings/

His firm had been pushed into bankruptcy by an ex-con suing for $28,000 over unpaid private investigatory work.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/01/p...rmy/index.html

His failure to pay a colleague $2,000,000 he owed the guy led to a $10-million judgment.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...522-story.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

While I don't know that I would say "Debunked", they have had that accusation of someone threatening Daniels(along with an artist's rendering) out there for quite a while.

If that person is out there, everyone is keeping their mouth shut and no one has come across him.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    That kind of thing has me wondering if it isn't just a question of time before more of his victims come forward.
    Called it.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I woke up and was trying to mess around on the internet a bit until I got sleepy again. Apparently news happend? lol. Silly me, I thought the the Supreme court hearing situation couldn't get more complicated.

If you needed any more evidence as to why people say "The Republican Party is some kind of a Cult", watch as people within its ranks circle the ranks to defend a serial sex offender trying to get onto the Supreme Court less than a year after they circled them to defend a serial pedophile who wanted to be in the Senate.

Yet they also insist somehow that God is on their side and they have the moral high ground.