Page 44 of 985 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144544 ... LastLast
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well, Sean Duffy and Scott Walker won their GOP Primaries soooooo, the Democrat challengers get my vote automatically at this point.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So, can you actually say why BLANK specifically is not worth voting for and why their conservative opponent is any better on the issues?
    I never said their conservative opponent is better on the issues, I'm not a conservative.
    Baby Thanos

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    I never said their conservative opponent is better on the issues, I'm not a conservative.
    Another Tangent - Who is the Democratic Candidate you have the option to actually vote for and why are they worth writing in someone that has a practically zero chance of winning rather than voting for? If you can't answer this question then you have not done the minimum amount of consideration that casting a Vote requires, especially as 2016 has shown the level of consequences that it has.

However I'll note that I asked the question of their opponent because by not voting for BLANK you are allowing BLANK's opponent to succeed and enact a true corporate and conservative agenda. Also it seems very defensive of you to leap to the conclusion that I was saying you were a conservative while ignoring the multiple-restated question I put emphasis on.

Oh, so it's my fault that a conservative beats a Democrat who doesn't support economic policies that the majority of Americans support like universal health care, increased minimum wage, increased taxes on the wealthy, and so on.
    Baby Thanos

Oh, so it's my fault that a conservative beats a Democrat who doesn't support economic policies that the majority of Americans support like universal health care, increased minimum wage, increased taxes on the wealthy, and so on.
    Another Tangent. If you can't answer a simple question and deliberately keep changing the subject you will leave no other conclusion to come to than you are a troll.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Omarosa Book: Devos Thought Black Students Were Stupid

Education secretary Betsy De Vos suggested black students didn’t have the capacity to understand her agenda, according to the new tell-all book from former White House aide Omarosa Manigault Newman.

In another cutting suggestion that members of the Trump administration—including President Donald Trump himself—are racist, Manigault Newman hit out at the education secretary over comments she allegedly made after being booed at a historically black college.

Manigault Newman was with DeVos when she traveled to Florida's Bethune-Cookman University to give a speech in May—but her presence didn’t go down well, and she was given a frosty reception by attendees.

“Betsy got up onstage to give her speech and was immediately, loudly booed by the entire audience," Manigault Newman wrote in her book Unhinged, which was released on Tuesday.
    Following the incident, Manigault Newman claims she asked DeVos about the speech, and the education secretary said: "I did great!"

Commenting in her book that she must have looked surprised by DeVos’ response, Manigault Newman says DeVos told her: “They don’t get it. They don’t have the capacity to understand what we’re trying to accomplish,” in a comment that Manigault Newman said was driven by race.

"Meaning, all those black students were too stupid to understand her agenda," Manigault Newman said, explaining that she had told the education secretary: “They get it. They get it, and they aren’t happy about you or your goals.”
    Never mind attacking the messenger, and Omarosa is certainly deserving of that, her message however is spot on, that the administration's Secretary of Education disparaged black students, something that's perfectly keeping in line with the racist bent of her boss.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Another Tangent. If you can't answer a simple question and deliberately keep changing the subject you will leave no other conclusion to come to than you are a troll.
    You already said it's my fault conservatives win, so why does it matter who I vote for? I could say I am going to write in Jesus over Adolf Hitler and you're still going to say it's my fault Adolf Hitler won.
    Baby Thanos

You already said it's my fault conservatives win, so why does it matter who I vote for? I could say I am going to write in Jesus over Adolf Hitler and you're still going to say it's my fault Adolf Hitler won.
    I mean, have you googled Ernst Thalman?

So not just a troll but a lazy troll who can't even say they're under Pelosi, Schumer, or any easy targets. Thanks for playing!

So not just a troll but a lazy troll who can't even say they're under Pelosi, Schumer, or any easy targets. Thanks for playing!
    I'm not under Pelosi, Schumer, or any easy targets.

Ok, I said it. Are you happy now?
    Baby Thanos

If nobody is paying attention to it then why is everyone so upset about me not voting for people who want to cut taxes, deregulate, weaken social security and medicare, etc. but call themselves Democrats while doing it.
    We might just want to debate the merits of our local candidates. There's not much else to talk about. Except Trump, and I'm sick of him.
    Here, I'll start. My local (D) Senator is Claire McCaskill. She's far too conservative for my preference, but she's also not an insane person, so she's probably good for another term.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    We might just want to debate the merits of our local candidates. There's not much else to talk about. Except Trump, and I'm sick of him.
    Here, I'll start. My local (D) Senator is Claire McCaskill. She's far too conservative for my preference, but she's also not an insane person, so she's probably good for another term.
    But compared to Hawley, there is no contest. Not liberal enough vs deep religious reactionary.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Do you think we would get universal health care if we elect more Claire McCaskills?
    Baby Thanos

Do you think we would get universal health care if we elect more Claire McCaskills?
    Possibly. She's a career politician, not an ideologue, she'll vote for what helps win elections. If we can push the public opinion back to the left we can sway the career politicians. That's how the democrats started supporting gay marriage as part of their platform.

No, but she won't destroy the ACA the way any Republican opponent would. It's Missouri, the alternative is not a progressive Democratic Senator, it's a Right Wing Trumpster. But purity, right?

McCaskill proposes letting people buy insurance from same exchange as Congress
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!