Page 623 of 985 FirstFirst ... 123523573613619620621622623624625626627633673723 ... LastLast
Results 9,331 to 9,345 of 14769

Doug Jones Seeks Inquiry Into Misinformation Efforts in Alabama Senate Race

Senator Doug Jones, the Democrat who was an unwitting beneficiary of misinformation tactics during a special election in Alabama in 2017, asked the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday to investigate the episodes.

Mr. Jones made his formal request for an inquiry more than three weeks after The New York Times detailed one of the clandestine efforts in which Democrats employed Russian-style digital deception while Alabama was locked in one of its most competitive campaigns in memory.

“Such deceptive tactics have no place in American politics and must be repudiated by those involved in our political system,” Mr. Jones wrote in a letter to Ellen L. Weintraub, a Democratic member of the commission.

Neither Mr. Jones nor his campaign is believed to have known about, much less approved of, any of the deception. Mr. Jones had quickly pledged to seek an inquiry, but his notarized letter on Wednesday, which also cited reporting by The Washington Post, represented his first formal step in support of an investigation by the commission.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Soon to be jettisoned from the administration would be my guess. The only question is: does Shine resign, or will he be fired? How many people, including a goddamn retired Marine Corps general thought they could "manage" Trump, only to find themselves kicked to the curb like so much trash after he tired of being restrained by the adults in the room? Shine is finding out fast that he's no better than the rest who came before him, and every bit as expendable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Can our Media please stop being terrible with the Bothsiderism?

CNN host: "Aren't Democrats to blame here" for "not providing any counteroffer" to end Trump's shutdown
    CNN commentator Joe Lockhart: "They've put three different offers on the table"

ALISYN CAMEROTA (CO-HOST): Aren't Democrats to blame here as well? Because right after our dramatic reading, so right after that "bye-bye" -- right after that the reporting from inside the room, from CNN, is that the vice president stuck around to try to do some cleanup on aisle four and he said to [Sen. Chuck] Schumer and [Rep. Nancy] Pelosi, okay, so what's your counteroffer? And they didn't make one? How is that a negotiation? How is not providing any counteroffer moving the ball forward?

JOE LOCKHART (CNN POLITICAL COMMENTATOR): Well, as much as I'd like to play Rush Limbaugh this morning, I'm going to just be myself.

CAMEROTA: All right.

LOCKHART: Listen, I think Democrats have made a number of offers. It's clear that this has just become political theater though, but political theater with consequences. All of these people, I mean, it -- it's not just Uber drivers, it's farmers, it's the people who are supposed to be doing, you know, the economic forecast can't the get data.

CAMEROTA: Agreed, but my point is, can't the Democrats, which you are one and representing today, can't they be doing more for this negotiation right now?

LOCKHART: Sure. And they've put three different offers on the table. Remember, all of the Republicans in the Senate voted for opening -- reopening the government and continuing this negotiation. They can -- the president isn't even on the same page as the Republicans. They're now smartly calling this border security. He's still talking about a wall.

Camerota probably was thinking... NAILED IT! But the guest was having not having it. How the Hell does the media keep thinking Both Sides are just as terrible? Individual members can be, but overall Democrats (Sometimes Weak) are FAR better at being good to Americans than Republicans.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

BANNED

How does anyone take Faulkner serious? How do we come to the table when these guys are not honest actors?

Fox's Harris Faulkner worries that "if we call [migrants] refugees," it could "help their asylum cases"

LISA KENNEDY MONTGOMERY (CO-HOST): Katie brings up a really interesting point, which is about Mexico. And they don't have the resources to prop up the number of people who have been trying to enter the United States and who are stuck there at, you know, that particular juncture. So why not bring in the U.N.? You know, why not have -- and that was something that was talked about a couple months ago.

MELISSA FRANCIS (CO-HOST): I think they tried that. Didn't they try that?

MONTGOMERY: They did. But I think the UN, when you're talking about refugees and when you're talking about delivering aid to people who really are in a crisis, you have to --

HARRIS FAULKNER (CO-HOST): But if we call them refugees, doesn't that also help their asylum cases?

KENNEDY: No, I mean --

KATIE PAVLICH (CO-HOST): They don't meet the standard.

KENNEDY: I don't think we have to get hung up, again, on another semantic distinction.

FAULKNER: I'm just asking.

KENNEDY: But I do think that if there are people and they are hungry, and they are sick, and they are immobile, then you have to send the U.N. in.

Tucker Carlson says studies don’t exist showing undocumented immigrants commit less crime - he’s wrong
    Carlson: “We do this topic a lot and we’re pretty conversant with the social science on it. I’ve never seen that study”

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    From that article...

Such an awful person in every single way.
    What Steve King learned in school about "...our civilization" was all a lie. I learned that in 7th grade. I had a great history teacher named Mr. Greenwald (no relation to Glen). On the first day of class, he said to us, "I will teach you how Columbus DIDN'T discover America, all men are NOT created equal, and Lincoln DIDN'T free the slaves." I thought to myself, "I like this guy!"

Love thy brother----as long as he's straight, otherwise, let 'em swing, i.e., from a tree branch. The bible thumpers aren't even bothering to hide their hypocrisy anymore.

$10 says Trump can't say intransigence.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Can our Media please stop being terrible with the Bothsiderism?

CNN host: "Aren't Democrats to blame here" for "not providing any counteroffer" to end Trump's shutdown
    CNN commentator Joe Lockhart: "They've put three different offers on the table"

Camerota probably was thinking... NAILED IT! But the guest was having not having it. How the Hell does the media keep thinking Both Sides are just as terrible? Individual members can be, but overall Democrats (Sometimes Weak) are FAR better at being good to Americans than Republicans.
    I completely agree. CNN especially has been unwatchable lately trying to be "balanced" and letting crazies yell and rant. It pisses me off as a viewer they pay for these idiots to be available. And they have been doing it since the election. They eventually and slowly get rid of them, Jeffery lord, Paris Dennard etc. But they never should have been hired they just speak utter nonsense it isn't productive if one side isn't based in reality.

I like a few of the CNN Hosts in general but I hate their formats.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 01-10-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    $10 says Trump can't say intransigence.
    I won't contest that one.....He has trouble with "anonymous"

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    I completely agree. CNN especially has been unwatchable lately trying to be "balanced" and letting crazies yell and rant. It pisses me off as a viewer they pay for these idiots to be available. And they have been doing it since the election. They eventually and slowly get rid of them, Jeffery lord, Paris Dennard etc. But they never should have been hired they just speak utter nonsense it isn't productive if one side isn't based in reality.

I like a few of the CNN Hosts in general but I hate their formats.
    My guess is CNN doesn't want to be seen as the left's version of Faux News. Why, I have no idea, after all, it's not like FN is "fair and balanced".

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I won't contest that one.....He has trouble with "anonymous"

That's our "Stable Genius" for you.

BANNED

CNN just can't help it. I went to his Twitter feed, and most of his ire is aimed at Democrats who lean Progressive, and people on his replies are not having it.

It's so terrible a friend of his had to write an opinion piece to defend him being a shit Journo.

Dear Internet: Stop Bullying Chris Cillizza for Doing His Job Well

BANNED

Because I needed some good news and not more children dying in ICE custody. I found this gem. Made me melt.

Astonishing Member

trump pathetically claims that he never said Mexico will pay for the wall. Now he's saying that he meant the USMCA will pay for the wall. If that's the case, then why is he shutting down the government?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...162322363.html

"I know the Fake News likes to say it when during the campaign I would say Mexico is going to pay for it. Obviously I never said this...I never meant they’re going to write out a check...I said they are going to pay for it. They are, they are paying for it with the incredible deal we made called the United States Mexico and Canada – USMCA – deal."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    trump pathetically claims that he never said Mexico will pay for the wall. Now he's saying that he meant the USMCA will pay for the wall. If that's the case, then why is he shutting down the government?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...162322363.html

"I know the Fake News likes to say it when during the campaign I would say Mexico is going to pay for it. Obviously I never said this...I never meant they’re going to write out a check...I said they are going to pay for it. They are, they are paying for it with the incredible deal we made called the United States Mexico and Canada – USMCA – deal."
    It was like the other day when he said i never said it was going to be concrete! He just tells blatant and outrageous lies.