Page 792 of 985 FirstFirst ... 292692742782788789790791792793794795796802842892 ... LastLast
Results 11,866 to 11,880 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    You are entrenched and tribal as hell, man. It's okay though, I am too. I'm just not loyal to one specific person who I have deified beyond all hope and reason, such as people have with Trump and Bernie.

I'm already seeing Bernie people in comments referring to Kamala as "black Hillary". People can have their problems with Kamala, as some do, but now I guess she's gonna have to answer to Bernie for all of the Hillary vs. Bernie stuff from 2016. Things are gonna turn out well.

I’m not loyal to one specific person. I prefer Warren over Bernie. I just didn’t forget Supporting Bernie last time and the shot that was thrown my way. I also don’t forget all the people who had issues with Clinton being dismissed out of hand. I probably wouldn’t compromise over a hard establishment candidate again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    But to be honest, Democrats should just try to win without any far left votes if Gillibrand or Booker get the nom. That ain’t happening
    I already know all the **** you will say about it, but I can't help from comment that it's just nuts to me that anyone on the left would rather Trump be president than Booker or Gillibrand, no matter their problem with them.

Also, I don't think Tulsi will make it far, but weird you aren't into her. She appeared to be the go to for if Bernie is not running for that crowd.

She has a ton of problems but domestic ideas I agree with, but some of the comments she has made in the past regarding gay marriage and such are tough to stomach no matter, no matter her reversal or whatever. But still, if she somehow landed the nom, I'll be voting for her in the general. She is way better than Trump.

Mighty Member

I probably wouldn’t compromise over a hard establishment candidate again.
    So punk rock.

Extraordinary Member

So punk rock.
    More Metallica or even Nirvana

Mighty Member

More Metallica or even Nirvana
    But only the demo.

Extraordinary Member

I already know all the **** you will say about it, but I can't help from comment that it's just nuts to me that anyone on the left would rather Trump be president than Booker or Gillibrand, no matter their problem with them.

Also, I don't think Tulsi will make it far, but weird you aren't into her. She appeared to be the go to for if Bernie is not running for that crowd.

She has a ton of problems but domestic ideas I agree with, but some of the comments she has made in the past regarding gay marriage and such are tough to stomach no matter, no matter her reversal or whatever. But still, if she somehow landed the nom, I'll be voting for her in the general. She is way better than Trump.
    First off to get the easy part out of the way, I don’t think Tulsi has a prayer, so it’s not worth analyzing her. If she does there’s things I like and don’t like.

Booker and Gillibrand can both jump off a cliff as far as I’m concerned. I mean that. They’ll both do serious damage economically and pretty much pile size the middle class and relate more inequality to line their donors wallets. At that point, Trump’s still worse, but I’d rather just watch it play out and whoever wins can win I can bitch about it

Extraordinary Member

But only the demo.
    Oh no, I like the black album

Mighty Member

Booker and Gillibrand can both jump off a cliff as far as I’m concerned. I mean that. They’ll both do serious damage economically and pretty much pile size the middle class and relate more inequality to line their donors wallets. At that point, Trump’s still worse, but I’d rather just watch it play out and whoever wins can win I can bitch about it
    So selfish in my opinion. But whatever, I guess we have the right to not really give a **** about other people--this is America and it's what this country was built on. People def didn't care about the SCOTUS seats Trump was getting gifted in 2016.

Mighty Member

Oh no, I like the black album
    Me too, but it's kinda like your friend who's a newly-minted libertarian.

Extraordinary Member

Me too, but it's kinda like your friend who's a newly-minted libertarian.
    Nah it’s more like your cool edgy friend that finally got a real job so they are still cool but now have money and can do other things you like. Load/Reload/St Anger are when they completely lose their soul to corporate America and you start forgetting why you were ever really friends.

Mighty Member

Nah it’s more like your cool edgy friend that finally got a real job so they are still cool but now have money and can do other things you like. Load/Reload/St Anger are when they completely lose their soul to corporate America and you start forgetting why you were ever really friends.
    Well, I meant conceptually. I feel like they came across the idea of libertarianism a month prior to writing the album and went in whole hog. Not that this thread is the place for this, but the record musically to me is not much far from Justice. It's Justice riffs cut and re-edited to MTV video-sized songs that are really heavy and thrashy still. With two crappy ballads. 10 out of 12 ain't bad.

But, oh yeah, Bernie vs. Hillary.

Extraordinary Member

So selfish in my opinion. But whatever, I guess we have the right to not really give a **** about other people--this is America and it's what this country was built on. People def didn't care about the SCOTUS seats Trump was getting gifted in 2016.
    Honestly if that’s who the DNC wants in 2020 then they really should just declare they have no intention of being the liberal party and want to fight for the establishment right voters the crazy Republican Party is slowly leaving behind.

Mighty Member

Honestly if that’s who the DNC wants in 2020 then they really should just declare they have no intention of being the liberal party and want to fight for the establishment right voters the crazy Republican Party is slowly leaving behind.
    As much as I am all for the progressive economic policies, the social and civil rights aspects are way more important to me. And jumping ship and not voting for Booker or someone, who will, at the *absolute least*, not go after people's social and civil liberties they way Trump has and has tried to...I mean, that's reason enough for me.

As much as I am all for the progressive economic policies, the social and civil rights aspects are way more important to me. And jumping ship and not voting for Booker or someone, who will, at the *absolute least*, not go after people's social and civil liberties they way Trump has and has tried to...I mean, that's reason enough for me.
    This. So much of this.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Extraordinary Member

I don’t think it really matters if everyone is poor, in debt, can’t get real healthcare etc. At that point you’re just trading one for the other. There’s better candidates where that tradeoff doesn’t exist