Page 650 of 985 FirstFirst ... 150550600640646647648649650651652653654660700750 ... LastLast
Results 9,736 to 9,750 of 14769

I heard Donald Trump bought all sorts of fast food for the Clemson football team last night. There were even pizzas topped with mini pizzas! Thoughts?
    When I was seventeen,
    I drank some very good beer,
    I drank some very good beer
    I purchased with a fake ID.

My name was Brian McGee,
    I stayed up listenin' to Queen
    When I was seventeen.

On a more serious note...Georgia is fucking it up again. https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...AdEt2jCDniuDWw

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Ignoring who its for, and ignoring the shutdown that caused this, who thought that was a good idea?

Fast-food being served to the guests at the White House is terrible for optics but to make matters worse, it just makes the President look bad. You get fast-food when you are out or perhaps don't have the energy to cook yourself. Fast-food is a situational thing which is part of the big reason we as a society don't make big meals out of it, or when we do it's supposed to be clear on the portioning. It's bad for you, and so much worse when you consider that some people eat it constantly. But the worst part about all of this is that Trump has money. He does, and the thing he does instead of keeping on some Chefs retaining jobs and doing his part for his own immediate work force? Well he spends god knows the amount of money on Fast-food. Expensive in high-quantities and incredibly bad for you in said quantities.

Now, I don't live in DC. I'm not that far from it though. And the thing is that I can go about 15 minutes, maybe 20, and go to a deli and get as much burger meat prepared right there and make as many burgers as I want for little money. I genuinely don't know if it's a laziness thing, a lack of chefs, or just being unaware of the optics.

And yeah it does raise questions about Trump's weight all over again if this is how he presents things he deems food to the masses and his own guests.
    For starters, Trump doesn't care about optics, or the image he presents (which he no doubt believes is perfect anyway), so he does whatever he wants, if anything, he revels in being everything traditional presidents aren't. As for the fast food thing, Trump mistakenly thinks Americans chow down on junk food seven days a week like he does. Speaking of which, I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that he avoids employing the WH chefs to prepare his meals because he fears having his food poisoned. Sounds stupid, right? Well, everything about this administration has been patently ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Trump doesn't think its bad though. Reports have been all over the place that he pounds fast food burgers himself all the time. To most people sure a soggy ass sad burger that's been sitting there waiting for them for hours isn't appealing. And it would have made more sense to just have fresh real burgers and wings etc made. No one would have said anything. But he's making a point to show that sadness on silver platters like its delicious.

Personally I don't get why any of these teams would go while he's there.
    To some, visiting the White House still holds a great deal of prestige, despite it's current lowbrow occupant. As for why Trump didn't have food prepared for the Clemson players, like I've already mentioned, given his dislike of people of color, it probably repulsed Trump to have his chefs cook for black men, thus the burger binge.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Glanced at Barr's hearing, decided not to watch. I have a bad feeling about it. i think there are going to be parts of the hearing, especially those involving republicans, that are going to be cringeworthy.
    ‘I can’t tell you what the Emoluments Clause means’: Trump’s AG nominee admits he doesn’t understand the Constitution

In an exchange on Tuesday, President Donald Trump’s nominee for attorney general, Bill Barr, admitted to California’s Dianne Feinstein that he didn’t understand the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution.

The clause is meant to protect the United States system of government from “corrupting foreign influences” by restricting government officials from receiving “any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.” Many Democrats and legal scholars believe the president has frequently violated the Emoluments Clause.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    I heard Donald Trump bought all sorts of fast food for the Clemson football team last night. There were even pizzas topped with mini pizzas! Thoughts?
    Scroll page a page. What a cheapskate but then this is the food he likes. My point was is just how long was that stuff just sitting on the table. Had to be pretty stale by the time they got to eat. Who wants cold french fries and pizza? well, some people do. But cold burgers and fish sandwiches too.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Really Roku? Just after he lost in court after being sued by the parents of Sandy Hook. Just, really?

Alex Jones has been ostracized from the internet for six months. Then, out of nowhere, @Roku scooped it up.

Also, Turtle Man continues to be a dick.

JUST IN: McConnell blocks House bill to reopen government for second time.

Barr fields questions on Mueller probe, independence from Trump at attorney general confirmation hearing

Barr, fielding questions on immigration, says sanctuary cities are irresponsible
    11:30 a.m.: Barr says he will ‘strike the right balance’ on asset forfeiture
    11:15 a.m.: Barr says government must do a better job of stopping inflow of overseas drugs
    11:10 a.m.: Barr says he won’t ‘be bullied into doing anything I think is wrong’
    11:05 a.m.: Barr says its “ludicrous” to allege his comments on Mueller were a bid to get attorney general job
    11 a.m.: “I’m in a position in life where I can do the right thing and not really care about the consequences.”
    10:50 a.m.: Barr details his discussions about possibly being Trump’s lawyer
    10:45 a.m.: Barr defends old-school approach to criminal justice, but says he has ‘no problem with the approach of reforming the sentencing structure’
    10:40 a.m.: Grassley presses for assurances that Barr will be responsive to Congress
    10:35 a.m.: Barr confirms he spoke with White House officials about Mueller — but, for now, doesn’t get a chance to offer details
    10:30 a.m.: Barr offers new details on memo questioning Mueller’s obstruction case
    10:20 a.m.: Graham digs into accusations of Justice Department bias
    10:15 a.m.: Barr says he will look into FBI’s opening counterintelligence investigation into Trump
    -----
    4 key moments from William Barr’s confirmation hearing

1. Won’t commit to recuse if ethics officials recommend it
    2. ‘I don’t believe Mr. Mueller would be involved in a witch hunt’
    3. On Trump: ‘I will not be bullied’
    4. Will investigate Strzok, etc.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    For starters, Trump doesn't care about optics, or the image he presents (which he no doubt believes is perfect anyway), so he does whatever he wants, if anything, he revels in being everything traditional presidents aren't. As for the fast food thing, Trump mistakenly thinks Americans chow down on junk food seven days a week like he does. Speaking of which, I could be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that he avoids employing the WH chefs to prepare his meals because he fears having his food poisoned. Sounds stupid, right? Well, everything about this administration has been patently ridiculous.

To some, visiting the White House still holds a great deal of prestige, despite it's current lowbrow occupant. As for why Trump didn't have food prepared for the Clemson players, like I've already mentioned, given his dislike of people of color, it probably repulsed Trump to have his chefs cook for black men, thus the burger binge.
    Well, in all fairness, there probably are some Americans who do eat junk food seven days a week. They are probably Trump's most die-hard supporters, so it make sense that they reinforce his food choices for himself and his guests.

I think the big thing for Barr is that he disagreed with the prosecutor's theory on obstruction and turned in the recommendation to Trump, not the DOJ.

That's a CYA for, "They got ya, Jim" if I ever did see one.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Well now, that was surprising. No, I take that back, it's not surprising somebody would take a chance on Jones, even though he's a first class pariah and would attract the wrath of everyone who's had it in for the dirtbag. I find it personally annoying since I've been using Roku boxes on my TV's at home for years, now I find myself wondering if I should divest myself from Roku. I've been thinking about upgrading my streaming devices for awhile, perhaps now I have a reason since it's damn hard to support a company that's giving a shitstain like Jones a platform to spew his bullshit.

Extraordinary Member

When May loses tonight, surely, surely it justifies a People's Vote.

Astonishing Member

Democrats boycott Trump's invitation to talk border, shutdown at the White House
    I think that's fine. He just wants to make stupid demands. The last meeting was petulant walkout. The Republicans are the ones that need to get together and pass the bills to reopen now.

He is trying to go around Chuck and Nancy anyway its a good message to eat your leftover cold Big macs from the other day and get lost

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Well, in all fairness, there probably are some Americans who do eat junk food seven days a week. They are probably Trump's most die-hard supporters, so it make sense that they reinforce his food choices for himself and his guests.
    I'm still going with the theory that he's a cheap "billionaire" who saw the 2 for 5 menu as a great way to save a buck while simultaneously trying to blame the Democrats for his lack of taste and decorum, but it's probably some combination of all of the above.

------
    "Because the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security, much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed — so the president is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods.” Sanders said in a statement, reported The New York Times. The shutdown hinges on Trump's demand for $5.8 billion in funding for his long-pledged U.S. Mexico border wall.

Trump said he ordered "about 1,000 hamburgers.” The White House did not immediately disclose how much the order cost."

https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-hucka...onalds-1292087

-----

About $500-$1000 because even with all of those tax cuts he gave himself, he's still too cheap to pay for Five Guys or Fuddruckers.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-15-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Democrats boycott Trump's invitation to talk border, shutdown at the White House
    I think that's fine. He just wants to make stupid demands. The last meeting was petulant walkout. The Republicans are the ones that need to get together and pass the bills to reopen now.

He is trying to go around Chuck and Nancy anyway its a good message to eat your leftover cold Big macs from the other day and get lost
    Damn right that was an end around. I'm glad Dems stood strong and refuse to fall for Trump's ploy.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I'm still going with the theory that he's a cheap "billionaire" who saw the 2 for 5 menu as a great way to save a buck while simultaneously trying to blame the Democrats for his lack of taste and decorum, but it's probably some combination of all of the above.

------
    "Because the Democrats refuse to negotiate on border security, much of the residence staff at the White House is furloughed — so the president is personally paying for the event to be catered with some of everyone’s favorite fast foods.” Sanders said in a statement, reported The New York Times. The shutdown hinges on Trump's demand for $5.8 billion in funding for his long-pledged U.S. Mexico border wall.

Trump said he ordered "about 1,000 hamburgers.” The White House did not immediately disclose how much the order cost."

https://www.newsweek.com/sarah-hucka...onalds-1292087

-----

About $500-$1000 because even with all of those tax cuts he gave himself, he's still too cheap to pay for Five Guys or Fuddruckers.
    New Yorkers had sounded the alarm bells about Trump's lack of taste and decorum for decades, so this stunt came as no surprise to them, ditto for his being an unrepentant cheapskate. And I'll add that Trump wasn't about to put out for a bunch of black athletes who'll one day be in the NFL which he hates.

On this date in 2015, 2016, 2017, as well as 2018, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Ed Orcutt, a former forester who is currently still serving in the Washington State House of Representatives, serving District 20. Orcutt became a bit of a laughing stock a few years back when he proposed a tax upon bicyclists for creating more damage to the atmosphere than automobiles, because all the physical action required to pedal a bike causes increased respiration, and thus, in his mind, greater CO2 output, which damages that atmosphere. Scientists explained to him it doesn’t quite work like that, and bike enthusiasts online made mincemeat out of his proposed legislation (beware the “Big Bike” Lobby, apparently). We also recognized Orcutt for his opposition to public works projects, even after the Skagit River Bridge collapsed in 2012, for trying to use the argument that “11 of the 12 sections of the bridge are still standing”, which kind of indicates he might be dumb enough to not understand bridges need to GO ALL THE WAY ACROSS. To round things out, Orcutt is also decidedly socially conservative, having voted against minimum wage increases (during the greatest period of income equality in the United States in almost a century), against police body cameras being made mandatory (during the greatest period of police violence in our country in decades), voting for abortion restrictions without exceptions for rape, incest, or risk to the life of the mother, trying to not only prevent gay marriage and even gay adoption, while voting against a statewide ban on gay conversion therapy multiple times over the past few years. Orcutt has also been voting against automatic voter registration, and even voted against a ban on bump stocks for firearms this past year. He is legitimately that regressive of a conservative.

Ed Orcutt had not faced a Democrat in an election for his rural seat since 2008, and has coasted to re-election in the past 4 election cycles, unopposed in 2010, only challenged by fellow Republican John Morgan in 2012 and 2014, and completely unchallenged again in 2016. In 2018, Democrat Brennan Bailey decided to take a crack at pulling the upset, but the large sums of money donated to Orcutt by the logging industry in Washington were enough to help him win a ninth term in office with 64% of the vote. Orcutt is still only 55, even after being in office for 16 years with no term limits to stop him from potentially giving us some more examples of what rock stupid looks like…
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.