Page 169 of 985 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    You guys care a weird amount about Mets' opinion on stuff.
    Here here.

Meanwhile, Manafort's plea has pardon proof agreements.

Mueller uncovered some shenanigans in Israel.

There's also FEMA in disarray after Florence.

Among other things. Lots to talk about.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Obama didn't have the votes in the Senate to flip the Suprene Court in a presidential election year. That had nothing to do with Garland's character.

I also hope you don't mean to suggest that Democrats are treating an allegation of sexual assault differently because they're upset about Garland.
    A very important point is that I don't know that Kavanaugh is a sexual predator (presumably neither does anyone else here), and the claim that he perjured himself is suspect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e90019de1f78
    Your FACE is suspect!
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Extraordinary Member

He’s the one Conservative on here who is measured enough to debate on here without going full meltdown so he’s a bit of a unicorn

Obama didn't have the votes in the Senate to flip the Suprene Court in a presidential election year. That had nothing to do with Garland's character.

I also hope you don't mean to suggest that Democrats are treating an allegation of sexual assault differently because they're upset about Garland.
    The point is that you try to argue Democrats are acting in bad faith, but it is Republicans who have acted in bad faith this entire time. And trying to say this is Democrats throwing a fit because they're upset about Garland is gaslighting of the highest order.

Republicans have no one to blame for how terrible they are but themselves. They sold themselves out to Donald Trump. Endorsed a pedophile for Senate. And now are fighting to get a credibly accused attempted rapist onto the Supreme Court.

BANNED

Obama didn't have the votes in the Senate to flip the Suprene Court in a presidential election year.
    Clearly the Republicans weren't so sure, or they would have voted on it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    He’s the one Conservative on here who is measured enough to debate on here without going full meltdown so he’s a bit of a unicorn
    I get that and what others have said...but still. He still has the same opinions as the other pubs. He just talks about it differently.

I see no reason for everything some shitty thing the GOP has done or is trying to do, we have to all be like, hey, Mets, what about this? Is this your thing that you won't support?

He supports it. And if it's something bad, there's no proof Trump or the GOP did or are doing it, or it's no different than Obama, or whatever else.

Just seems pointless. Maybe you guys get something out of it, I don't know.

The Dems have the right to be outraged about McConnell stealing a SCOTUS seat, with that Garland bullshit.

The Dems would be within their rights to stop any Trump candidate. (Trump is under criminal investigation, enough of a reason to deny him)
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I get that and what others have said...but still. He still has the same opinions as the other pubs. He just talks about it differently.

I see no reason for everything some shitty thing the GOP has done or is trying to do, we have to all be like, hey, Mets, what about this? Is this your thing that you won't support?

He supports it. And if it's something bad, there's no proof Trump or the GOP did or are doing it, or it's no different than Obama, or whatever else.

Just seems pointless. Maybe you guys get something out of it, I don't know.
    I hadn't quite looked at it like that, you have a very good point here.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There's also FEMA in disarray after Florence.
    Show of hands if anyone is surprised, given what a circus this administration has been.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Show of hands if anyone is surprised, given what a circus this administration has been.
    Yeah ... hopefully no more bad hurricanes happen soon because if they do, the next state/territory that gets blasted is probably going to be unrecoverable.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Republicans.

-----
    "FEMA official suspended in connection with IG probe"

"A senior FEMA official has been suspended without pay in connection with a Department of Homeland Security inspector general investigation into the improper use of government vehicles by FEMA administrator Brock Long, according to two current government officials.

The official, John Veatch, was informed of his suspension by FEMA chief of staff Eric Heighberger last Friday, just as the agency was leading coordination of the response to Hurricane Florence.

Veatch, appointed by Trump to oversee FEMA’s National Continuity Programs directorate, did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

A FEMA spokesperson referred questions to the DHS press office. A DHS spokesman declined to comment on an active IG investigation and referred the question to the IG’s office, which also did not immediately respond.

POLITICO first reported last week that an IG investigation had been opened into Long’s use of government Suburbans for routine weekend travel to his home in North Carolina under the continuity program run by Veatch, which is designed to ensure senior officials can be reached in case of a national emergency..."

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...d-probe-827975

They secretly think I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The point is that you try to argue Democrats are acting in bad faith, but it is Republicans who have acted in bad faith this entire time. And trying to say this is Democrats throwing a fit because they're upset about Garland is gaslighting of the highest order.

Republicans have no one to blame for how terrible they are but themselves. They sold themselves out to Donald Trump. Endorsed a pedophile for Senate. And now are fighting to get a credibly accused attempted rapist onto the Supreme Court.
    I explicitly haven't said that Democrats are responding differently to the allegations because they're upset about Garland. I was worried that you suggested a link by bringing up Merrick Garland.

You seem to be critical of Republicans for not immediately abandoning Kavanaugh (the letter became public two days ago.) What should be done about the allegation (and I'm assuming the recommended response would be the same regardless of his philosophy?) What action should we openly and unambiguously advocate for? A person can argue that in the face of a credible allegation, where the accused is offered a major promotion, we should have a presumption of guilt. We should at least have this discussion.

I advocate to the Senate hearing from Ms. Ford, in a public or private setting depending on her preference. If some new evidence/ witnesses emerge, there may be a delay in the vote in order to determine this. Perhaps, there will be some kind of clarity (IE- If further credible allegations emerge, it would suggest this is a habitual issue for Kavanaugh and it will be easier to vote against him; scrutiny may undermine Ms. Ford's credibility.) Otherwise, there should be a vote based on clearly defined standards for the individual Senators.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

"Probe of FEMA Chief Brock Long Referred to Prosecutors"

"An investigation targeting President Trump’s top emergency-management official has been referred to federal prosecutors to determine whether criminal charges should be pursued, according to people familiar with the probe.

Brock Long, the administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and two other federal employees may have broken as many as six laws as they commuted frequently between Washington and Mr. Long’s home in Hickory, N.C., at taxpayers’ expense, said one of the people briefed on the investigation.

Mr. Long has said he is cooperating with the investigation, which has been led by the Department of Homeland Security’s inspector general. Mr. Long declined to comment through a FEMA spokesman.

The inspector general’s office and U.S. attorney’s office in Washington also declined to comment.

A White House spokesman didn’t return a request for comment..."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/probe-o...ors-1537216393

Well, Brett Kavanaugh's "good buddy", Mark Judge, who was in the room while he tried to rape a 15 year old and played loud music to cover up her protests, has refused to testify before the Senate to help Kavanaugh's case.

Judge might be afraid of what skeletons from his own past would come out, given how his writing career amounts to him bragging about being a rowdy drunk through his teens, and putting a quote in his high school yearbook from Noel Coward, "Certain women should be struck regularly, like gongs." Let's just say that his views on women through the years did not improve.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

A very important point is that I don't know that Kavanaugh is a sexual predator (presumably neither does anyone else here), and the claim that he perjured himself is suspect.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.e90019de1f78
    We couldn't debate much about Garland's character because McConnell wouldn't even allow a Judicial Committee hearing. So we never learned much about Garland's character.