Page 447 of 985 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547947 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 14769

On this date in 2014, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" ran a profile of Victoria Jackson, who since her days as a performer on Saturday Night Live has gone madder than a hatter wearing a top hat full of s***house rats. She ran for office in Tennessee to be a county commissioner, for whatever reason, but since 2008 Jackson has, without comedic intent, used her celebrity (or former celebrity) to tell people about how Barack Obama is the Anti-Christ, a communist who enslaved African-Americans again, just like Hitler, and had allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to infiltrate our government. Obviously she took the news that he won a second term poorly, and said that “America died”. She also railed against an episode of Glee for featuring two gay characters kissing, defended Todd Akin’s “legitimate rape” remarks, compared the Sandy Hook Massacre to abortion, and complains about the lack of a White History Month. She has not been on the ballot for several years now, and people still honestly aren’t sure if her uber-conservative persona is a parody of actual conservatives, or she’s serious and really that insane.

In 2015, 2016, and in 2017, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” posted profiles of Jake Anderegg, a Utah State Senator who sponsored HB 391, the Utah GOP’s effort to prohibit the Medicaid Expansion in their state, and keep much needed federal dollars out of the hands of their citizens back in March of 2013. Early into Anderegg’s first term, he was the subject of controversy when he and the President of the Utah State Senate Wayne Niederhouser started joking around on Twitter about how the men’s room at the capitol was always occupied, and Anderegg joked that he was strongly considering a gender identity change so that he could use the women’s restroom, instead. He still won re-election easily, not being challenged in the GOP Primary in 2014, and in his second term, it looked like at first, Anderegg’s big controversy would make a spectacle of himself by arguing his own traffic tickets after he got busted doing 71 MPH in a 35 MPH zone, and tried claiming the officer both exaggerated about what the speed limit was where he was driving, and that he wasn’t going as fast as he was accused of. Under oath, he finally admitted to going 60 to 65 MPH, but not after fighting, kicking, and screaming about “entrapment” and “revenue generation” by the local police, which really doesn't amount to much when you're flaunting traffic laws by double the posted speed limit. But in late June 2015, when he drafted a bill that would will “end government agencies’ involvement in issuing marriage licenses.” In other words, if gays could get married, then NO ONE could . The historic implications of this are the real kicker, as many critics noted it was similar to the disgusting reaction many Southern politicians who were in favor of segregation had after finding out they would need to integrate schools, and instead decided to close them so neither white, nor black children could attend. And when you place yourself in the company of bigots of that caliber, well, congratulations, you win a CSGOPOTD profile. We have little to update on Anderegg, save for the fact that he was throwing cold water on Mormons who were suggesting a protest vote, and rallying around Evan McMullin in the 2016 elections, and telling them to stand with Donald Trump. Anderegg, who so staunchly wants to defend the sanctity of marriage from gay people, rallied them around an admitted serial sexual predator who has committed adultery multiple times on his three wives, and boasted about it. And, we're filled with sadness and loathing to point out that Anderegg managed to casually run for re-election in the Utah State Senate in 2016, and was handed victory because no one bothered to run against him, whatsoever, in the primary of the general election.

Now, Utah voters in 2018 got the chance to vote themselves on the expansion of Medicaid, as a ballot initiative left it up to the good people of Utah to vote on this year. It passed with 54% of the vote. Time will tell if Jake Anderegg will soon be backing up his threat from last month where he promised that the Republican state legislature would simply repeal the law in the state legislature if it passes or not, when the new session starts. Make no mistake, Anderegg is obsessed with conservative dogma, and will defy the will of the people if he’s empowered to do so (in other words, he’s a real s***ty politician).

Other than that, we have no new updates on Anderegg at this time, but know he’s not up for re-election until 2020.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

https://twitter.com/LamarWhiteJr/sta...92983254822912

cindyhydesmith.JPG

Cindy Hyde Smith caught on video telling the truth about voter suppression.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Democrat Wins By A Single Vote In Kentucky House Race

Never forget.

Glenn’s victory in Owensboro, Kentucky, was one of six state House races decided by a handful of votes. In District 27, Democrat Jeff Greer lost to Republican Nancy Tate by six votes. In District 96, Republican Jill York lost to Democrat Kathy Hinkle by five votes. In District 91, Republican Toby Herald lost to Democrat Cluster Howard by seven votes.

And in Buckhorn, a coin flip allowed alcohol to be sold at a state park after an election there ended in a tie. It was at least the third time this year a coin flip had to decide a tied Kentucky election.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

A recount has Mia Love prevailing at the moment.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rep...tah-house-race

A Republican incumbent congresswoman from Utah pulled ahead of her Democratic opponent by several hundred votes Friday, gaining her first lead in the House contest since Election Day.
    After the latest tally, U.S. Rep. Mia Love, 42, held a razor-thin 419-vote lead over Democratic challenger and Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams for the state’s 4th Congressional District, FOX13 Utah reported.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So many of Trump's "best people" are just cartoonishly evil:

Trump’s Nominee to Replace Kavanaugh Is a Staunch Defender of Dwarf-Tossing

Tossing little people to own the libs.
    The folks over at the Onion must be agonizing, knowing Trump and the GOP is running them out of business. I mean, who needs crazy ass satire when real life is far crazier.

====================

CIA Determines Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Jamal Khashoggi’s Assassination

The conclusion that Mohammed bin Salman ordered the journalist’s murder contradict the Saudi government’s version. Can't wait to find out how Trump who's cozy with the Saudi oil sheiks responds to this revelation.

Trump Says He Was Too Busy ‘On Calls’ To Honor Soldiers On Veterans Day

“I was extremely busy on calls for the country,” President Donald Trump told Fox News. This is fucking BULLSHIT! Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is more important than properly honoring the military, and especially the fallen who sacrificed everything for our country. As a veteran myself, this infuriates me no end! Trump talks a good game, but, at the end of the day, he doesn't give a rat's ass about our men and women in uniform! PERIOD!

George Conway: Trump Administration ‘Like A S**tshow In A Dumpster Fire’

“I think the Republican Party has become something of a personality cult.” You THINK? Yo, George! Where the hell have been? It's been a goddamn cult BEFORE the freaking election!

GOP Senator Says Voter Suppression Is A ‘Great Idea’

Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) said it should be harder for “liberal folks” to vote. Well, at least, Republicans are admitting that loathsome strategy now.

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s Approach To Washington Has History On Its Side

The New York Democrat’s “inside-outside” strategy takes a page from successful movements on the left and right. Well, I certainly hope she succeeds. More power to her.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The Incarcerated Women Who Fight California's Wildfires

Interesting, and discussion worthy article.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The Incarcerated Women Who Fight California's Wildfires

Interesting, and discussion worthy article.
    I'm glad that people are helping, seem enthusiastic about it, and will be getting recognition for their work. It's always good to see prisoners treated like people by the media.
    But is it wrong that my first thought was: There shouldn't be feel good stories about prison corporations using slave labor to fight the problems caused by industrial corporations.

EDIT: This is an older article, are they still doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm glad that people are helping, seem enthusiastic about it, and will be getting recognition for their work. It's always good to see prisoners treated like people by the media.
    But is it wrong that my first thought was: There shouldn't be feel good stories about prison corporations using slave labor to fight the problems caused by industrial corporations.

Good question. I would imagine so unless something changed in the laws relating to prisoners and work.

Rant incoming....

This Pelosi thing is getting more and more annoying. Like, can I get a name? Where is this new blood with the skills to do the job? I'll support them once they step up to the plate. Right now there is just a vague idea of someone that passes the purity test but no actual person. If that person doesn't speak out this is all useless. Stop giving the right the satisfaction of seeing us squabble over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Rant incoming....

This Pelosi thing is getting more and more annoying. Like, can I get a name? Where is this new blood with the skills to do the job? I'll support them once they step up to the plate. Right now there is just a vague idea of someone that passes the purity test but no actual person. If that person doesn't speak out this is all useless. Stop giving the right the satisfaction of seeing us squabble over nothing.
    I wish there was more talk of finding some way to oust Mitch McConnell. He's a real threat. Seriously, why aren't more people on both sides bringing up Mitch McConnell as someone who needs to be kicked out?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post

I believe that they still use prisoners to bolster the number for wilderness firefighting - which, as long as it is voluntary (dangerous work) I don't have a major issue with. Prison work for corporate profit is bad, but I don't feel the same way about stuff for the public good. I do take issue with the fact that the criminal record means none of them can ever use that experience when they get out, though. Most municipalities prohibit anyone with a record from becoming a firefighter (depending on what they had been convicted of, I think that should be waived for people with the experience fighting wildfires). There are normally a lot of prisoners who want to do the firefighting jobs when they come up - it gets them out of the prison for a time, the pay is high (compared to other forms of prison labor), and I'm sure that there is some real camaraderie that gets formed from risking your life like that.

I wish there was more talk of finding some way to oust Mitch McConnell. He's a real threat. Seriously, why aren't more people on both sides bringing up Mitch McConnell as someone who needs to be kicked out?
    He needs to go more than anyone, but he also keeps bringing his side wins, so it's not likely that he is going to be ousted barring a major setback.

Although on the Schumer v Pelosi issue, Schumer only needed half the Democrats in the Senate to confirm him, whereas Pelosi needs half the entire House, meaning more than 90% of the Democrats need to agree on her if she doesn't want to require some Republican votes. Basically, she has a much higher threshold to reach, making it easier for anyone who wants to mount a challenge to at least manage the first step of denying her the position.

Republicans flirting with candidates to primary Trump

Something to keep an eye on, it's only happened twice in history but this presidency is all about subverting norms.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    He needs to go more than anyone, but he also keeps bringing his side wins, so it's not likely that he is going to be ousted barring a major setback.

Although on the Schumer v Pelosi issue, Schumer only needed half the Democrats in the Senate to confirm him, whereas Pelosi needs half the entire House, meaning more than 90% of the Democrats need to agree on her if she doesn't want to require some Republican votes. Basically, she has a much higher threshold to reach, making it easier for anyone who wants to mount a challenge to at least manage the first step of denying her the position.
    Still ranting a bit so any harshness is not directed at you lol.

I at least want to know who the challenger is though. Like mount a challenge fine, I'm more attached to results than Pelosi as a person, but who are we talking about here? I don't think there is currently a front runner just an assortment of congress people. And no one i've spoken to about this has given me a name of who they like the best. It's just "Pelosi has the go". If they are okay with anyone then why the rush to oust her?

Extraordinary Member

Because Republicans are smart enough to realize that he has been a useful utility for them and don’t want to cut their nose off to spite their face