Page 767 of 985 FirstFirst ... 267667717757763764765766767768769770771777817867 ... LastLast
Results 11,491 to 11,505 of 14769
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    An angry and bitter dumb dumb - she once stopped a concert (for a few minutes)to insult a guy in the audience for turning her down in high school.
    Not too far removed from Taylor Swift who was known to write songs about men who broke up with her. These pop tarts are real pieces of work.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    wow. that must have been one clumsy rejection. but i guess she wouldn't be the first artist to be driven by insecurity.
    The funny part is that according to the story, the guy was already dating someone else back then, and he was married to her when the incident happened.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Not too far removed from Taylor Swift who was known to write songs about men who broke up with her. These pop tarts are real pieces of work.
    Channeling it into one's work is far less egregious IMO. And much more common all across the artistic spectrum for both genders.
    Dark does not mean deep.

iMan 42s

Using your personal life to fuel your work isn't uncommon. People have relationships, trauma, or just day to day life that does get brought up in their works. You can find it in sculpture, literature, and of course music as we know Taylor Swift has basically built a career out of that. It really isn't that uncommon.

The thing I take issue with is somebody stopping a concert if only to be a dick.

It would be like if you had been watching a movie, it pauses for 20 seconds and the director walks on screen and calls somebody out for not giving them a date 20 years prior. Like how hung up do you have to be to hold onto what is likely an almost two decade peeve and then to blurt that out for the public..., actually that does kind of remind me of American politics these days.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Esquire's Profile Of White American Boy During Black History Month Stirs Controversy

Esquire has found itself embroiled in controversy on social media after a piece about a young white, middle-class teenager was chosen as the focal point for a piece on growing up in America in the March issue of the magazine, which was released during February ― Black History Month.

The piece follows 17-year-old high school senior Ryan Morgan from West Bend, Wisconsin. Morgan is featured in a powerful cover image on the March 2019 issue of Esquire. Overlaid over the image of Morgan, who is donning both a button-down and a hoodie and holding a sneaker, is the text: “An American Boy.”

“What it’s like to grow up white, middle class, and male in the era of social media, school shootings, toxic masculinity, #MeToo, and a divided country,” it reads.
    Well, at least this kid has a better chance of being able to grow up, unlike kids of color his age who might never get to become adults. But hey, if this controversy helps Esquire sell more magazines, more power to them.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Esquire's Profile Of White American Boy During Black History Month Stirs Controversy

Well, at least this kid has a better chance of being able to grow up, unlike kids of color his age who might never get to become adults. But hey, if this controversy helps Esquire sell more magazines, more power to them.
    I don't think we've seen peak mainstreaming of the "white genocide" myth yet, but I sure hope we are close.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I don't think we've seen peak mainstreaming of the "white genocide" myth yet, but I sure hope we are close.
    Tucker Carlson is pretty mainstream from the perspective of a FOX viewer.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Net favorability rating among Dems/Share of Dems with an opinion of each candidate, per new CNN/SRRS:

Harris +48, 60%
    Warren +46, 64%
    Castro +20, 36%
    Gillibrand +18, 34%
    Buttigieg +6, 18%
    Gabbard +2, 16% #
    Schultz -17, 37%

https://t.co/0Z1LR5Loiv
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Net favorability rating among Dems/Share of Dems with an opinion of each candidate, per new CNN/SRRS:

Harris +48, 60%
    Warren +46, 64%
    Castro +20, 36%
    Gillibrand +18, 34%
    Buttigieg +6, 18%
    Gabbard +2, 16% #
    Schultz -17, 37%

https://t.co/0Z1LR5Loiv
    Should also note that Trump's hate rally in El Paso last night was out-drawn by Beto O'Rourke's across town. Trump's been lying about the stats against all reason (including well beyond what fire marshals allow) for his own rally and taking pot-shots at Beto's all morning to Fox News pundits.

Seems he's a wee bit unnerved that he's not so popular these days.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Should also note that Trump's hate rally in El Paso last night was out-drawn by Beto O'Rourke's across town. Trump's been lying about the stats against all reason (including well beyond what fire marshals allow) for his own rally and taking pot-shots at Beto's all morning to Fox News pundits.

Seems he's a wee bit unnerved that he's not so popular these days.
    Him claiming he drew 35,000 is the funniest deal while Beto comically out drew him. You can tell he's scared shitless this guy is gonna run against him.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

My gut says that Beto would be more successful as a running mate/Vice President.

The Senate just passed the most sweeping conservation legislation in a decade, protecting millions of acres of land

The bill protects 1.3 million acres as wilderness, the nation’s most stringent protection that prohibits even roads and motorized vehicles. It permanently withdraws from mining more than 370,000 acres of land around two national parks, including Yellowstone, and permanently authorizes a program to spend offshore drilling revenue on conservation efforts.
    This is a developing story. It will be updated.

I wouldn't be as surprised if this came from the House, but the Senate is still controlled by Republicans. If true, this sounds like great news.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Trump floats new 'tradition:' 4th of July parade that already exists

He really has been hiding in his golden tower too long.

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump wasn't able to cut a deal for a grandiose Veterans Day military parade, but this year, he says he aims to start a new 4th of July tradition.
    The only hitch? The "tradition" he says he wants to start in the nation's capital already exists.

Trump offered few concrete details Tuesday when he mused to reporters that it could take place in Washington and it could include a parade.

"We're thinking about doing, on the 4th of July or thereabouts, a parade, a 'Salute to America' parade. I guess it'd be really more of a gathering than a parade. Perhaps at the Lincoln Memorial. We're looking at sites. But we're thinking about doing something that would, perhaps, become a tradition," Trump said.

Unlike the hefty price tag the administration rejected for the planned but never executed Veterans Day parade, Trump said this time the fireworks would be free.

Trump: 'Phony' if I were to get a White House dog

President Trump quipped at a rally Monday night that it would appear "phony" for him to adopt a dog during his presidency.
    "Guy looks at me, and he goes 'sir, honestly, it's not as good' [as the dogs]," Trump told rally-goers in Texas.

"Can you believe that? A German shepherd," Trump added, as the crowd laughed. "You do love your dogs, don't you?"

Trump went on, imagining what it would be like for him to adopt an official pet for the White House.

"I wouldn't mind having one, honestly, but I don't have the time," Trump said. "How would I look walking a dog on the White House lawn?"

"Feels a little phony, phony to me," he added.

Trump is the first president in more than 100 years not to have an official White House pet. His predecessor, former President Obama, owned two dogs during his presidency.

His whole presidency appears phony if you ask me. He's probably just aware that a dog would be the most honest individual in his White House.
    Dark does not mean deep.