Page 664 of 985 FirstFirst ... 164564614654660661662663664665666667668674714764 ... LastLast
Results 9,946 to 9,960 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Oh my God. The three cops that were accused of covering up for the ass Vandyke got acquitted. Damn judge was connected to two of them.

The Latest: Laquan McDonald relative dismayed by acquittal
    Judges work with the police force. There’s your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Scuse my language but day after day, week after week, month after month, of this **** and all I'm left with is, maybe, possibly, American society got together- without me and changed the definition of what lecherous, TREASONOUS muthafuckas are!
    We're going to have to invent some even worse swearwords to describe this administration.

So Hillary, uninvolved with what transpired at Benghazi gets years of scrutiny (with no blame found).
    But Trump starts pulling troops because "ISIS Is defeated". And the same day four Americans are killed, Pence claims no ISIS in Syria. And crickets.

mind numbing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Light the WBE signal! Racism has been spotted!

WOW. Hoyer confirms that a GOP lawmaker today yelled at California Democrat Tony Cardenas, "Go back to Puerto Rico!"
    Who was the culprit?

JASON SMITH, member of GOP leadership, was one who shouted “Go back to Puerto Rico!” on House floor. He says it was directed at Democrats, not any individual

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    How does that make any sense? What I mean is, how can anyone believe that it makes any sense? The claim that he yelled it at all Democrats.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    How does that make any sense? What I mean is, how can anyone believe that it makes any sense? The claim that he yelled it at all Democrats.
    I feel like they're not even trying anymore with these excuses.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Oh my God. The three cops that were accused of covering up for the ass Vandyke got acquitted. Damn judge was connected to two of them.

The Latest: Laquan McDonald relative dismayed by acquittal
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Judges work with the police force. There’s your answer.
    Was going to bring this up bring this up since I had my doubts about how much national attention it would get.

While just that it made it to court is a step in the right direction, it did stick out that the judge didn't recuse. Said judge seemed to think that the state didn't come anywhere near meeting the burden of proof.

BANNED

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Defends Public Apology To Candace Owens
    In a HuffPost interview, Dorsey stood by his controversial apology to the Fox News commentator after Twitter labeled her “far-right.”

“I apologized because we generally shouldn’t be categorizing people,” Dorsey said. “Our curation team should not be using our descriptions to categorize people.”

Feinberg asked why it was incorrect to label Owens as “far-right” in the first place, when her comments and views generally align with that description. For example, in August, after college student Mollie Tibbetts was murdered by an undocumented immigrant, Owens used Tibbetts’ murder to call for stronger border control. She has consistently defended the National Rifle Association, and denies climate science and global warming. She also called the Me Too movement “stupid” in June, and supported the conspiracy theory that the explosive packages sent to the Clintons, the Obamas and George Soros in October were sent by other Democrats.
    Jack Dorsey Has No Clue What He Wants
    A Q&A with Twitter’s CEO on right-wing extremism, Candace Owens, and what he’d do if the president called on his followers to murder journalists.

Whether Dorsey does this all deliberately or not, the reason his impassioned defenses of Twitter sound like gibberish is because they are.

BANNED

Richard Ojeda on the LA Teachers Strike: “Don’t Make Us Go West Virginia on You”

But more than anything, they were ready to call bullshit. Bullshit on the idea that there was no money for public education, when there was always money when the big-business lobbyists came around looking for tax cuts. Bullshit on the politicians who claimed to care about the future for our kids, when they short-changed them every step of the way. They walked out, and soon their local movement became a state-wide movement that became a national movement. I’ll never forget the day we saw a Kentucky teacher post a picture of a rally sign that read: “Don’t make us go West Virginia on you!”

LA TEACHERS ARE MAD ABOUT CHARTER SCHOOL GROWTH. WHY WON’T DEMOCRATS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT?

IN THE FIRST major strike since the U.S. Supreme Court struck a blow to public-sector unions last June, more than 30,000 Los Angeles public school teachers took to the rainy streets Monday to launch the LA teachers union’s first labor stoppage in 30 years. It’s the seventh major teacher protest over the last year, but unlike their counterparts in Arizona, Oklahoma, and West Virginia, the Los Angeles teachers are not striking against austere Republican state legislatures. Rather, they are striking against the policies of their Democratic-controlled school district, city, and state, and are framing their efforts as a fight for the future of public education.

The controversy over Ilhan Omar calling Lindsey Graham “compromised,” explained
    A tale of conspiracies, bad faith, and misrepresentation all around.

This all came together rather rapidly this week as Omar suggested that Graham was “compromised” in a nonspecific way. Conservatives simultaneously charged her with claiming that Graham is being blackmailed over his closeted sexuality (she did not) while pressuring establishment Democrats to disavow her past comments on Israel.

It’s an extremely 2019 political controversy, full of misunderstandings, baseless charges, and bad faith. Meanwhile, the boring reality is almost certainly that Graham is an opportunist who is leaning so hard into pro-Trump positioning precisely because he was so stridently anti-Trump in the past and needs to make amends.

#Russia's state TV reports that for the first time since 2014, the US is lifting sanctions from Russian companies [#Deripaska's Rusal et al.] The host laughs out loud about the Democrats not getting enough votes to block the effort, expresses hope that this is just the beginning.
    Twitter Link

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    After serving only two weeks in the House minority, GOP Congressman Tom Marino of Pennsylvania has decided to resign. That will trigger a special election that the Democrat he defeated back in November, Chris Carney, is going to be favored to win.
    In the most recent election in a great cycle for Democrats, Marino won 64-36.

https://ballotpedia.org/Tom_Marino

Keep in mind district lines changed in 2018 due to a court ruling so it's not the same district Carney represented.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Maybe politics is shifting to the left not because pundits decided thats OK, but because millions of people realize the neoliberal political/media class created a dystopian society now crushing millions of people & creating a climate crisis threatening to wipe out the human race.
    David Sirota- status

Trump Administration Works Overtime to Make Sure Shutdown Doesn’t Stop Oil Drilling

BANNED

She collapsed next to the best stroke center.
    Her ambulance was turned away.
    It was policy.
    She died.

Law doesn’t apply
    Federal law requires hospitals to treat patients who arrive in their emergency room and make sure they are stable before releasing or transferring them. That applies to everyone who walks in the door of any of the nation’s 5,500 hospitals.

But if you’re in an ambulance that’s ordered not to come, the law is irrelevant.

Maria Raven, an emergency room doctor and professor at the University of California at San Francisco who has studied hospital diversion, said Tate should have been taken to Froedtert because it was the top stroke center in the area.