Page 131 of 985 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,965 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    One thing to remember about the writer of the NY op-ed is they say they agree with the administration's shitty policies and believe they are making America safer and more prosperous.

It's not like this was written by some hero.
    He's enjoying the icing, but finds the cake stale and moldy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    He's enjoying the icing, but finds the cake stale and moldy.
    Exactly. He likes his screwing of the American worker, of POC, immigrants, healthcare, women's rights, the gutting of the economy for the average person, etc...he likes it to be nice and quiet, not out in the open and in all caps on Twitter. Old school style.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Exactly. He likes his screwing of the American worker, of POC, immigrants, healthcare, women's rights, the gutting of the economy for the average person, etc...he likes it to be nice and quiet, not out in the open and in all caps on Twitter. Old school style.
    All the more reason to believe Red Grant was the author of that NYT piece.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    All the more reason to believe Red Grant was the author of that NYT piece.
    The only thing that keeps me from thinking it's Pence, and I could be wrong, is I don't think he has the guts to do it.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The only thing that keeps me from thinking it's Pence, and I could be wrong, is I don't think he has the guts to do it.
    Perhaps. Then again, while Kelly and Mattis certainly have the balls since they're both ex-military, the ten dollar words used like "lodestar" and "amorality" aren't in their vocabulary, bringing this back around to Pence.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

The whole op-ed is BS.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I agree. Pence is pure toady through and through. His faith in thinking that he's fated to be POTUS keeps him in line while Trump's in office.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh s**t, this is something.

BREAKING: @SenBooker has announced that he is willingly violating the Committee Confidential rule and releasing the “racial profiling” email. “I recognize it comes w the penalty of expulsion from the Senate.”
    Sen @JohnCornyn responds to @SenBooker disgracefully: “running to be President of the United States is not an excuse to violate the rules of the Committee.”
    Shut the f**k up Cornyn and maybe look in the mirror.

Also...

"You want to give up your emails right now? Make them public? I don't think you do!" Grassley tells Democrats
    Chris Hayes responds simply...
    Executive branch emails are (with some narrow exceptions) public records by law.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 09-06-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I suppose if someone had asked "Bob 'n' Weave Brett" what his favorite color was, he'd avoid answering that question too. Pathetic! Speaking of which:

Brett Kavanaugh Proves Elusive During Second Day In Supreme Court Hot Seat
    Sen. Kamala Harris is relentless in grilling Kavanaugh if he has discussed Mueller Investigation with anyone at Kasowitz Benson Torres law firm, which was founded by one of Trump's personal lawyers (how many does he have anyway???) If he's dancing around the answer, it's coming out like the "Curly Shuffle"

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-06-2018 at 07:32 AM.

Someone did the thing!

Read the confidential Brett Kavanaugh 'racial profiling' emails Cory Booker released

Sen. Cory Booker challenged his colleagues to try to expel him for breaking rules he opposes Thursday after promising to release an email including comments by Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh about racial profiling that has been deemed confidential.

Questioning Kavanaugh on Wednesday night, Booker quoted from a 2002 document that he said showed Kavanaugh as an aide to President George W. Bush entertaining the use of racial profiling to combat terrorism after 9/11.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Looks like Booker has already released the papers. https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/statu...543011333?s=19

What the hell is going on with our government?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    Someone did the thing!
    Needed to be Vader. Or maybe even Galen Erso. Vader might be more spot on especially if this turn out to be Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    What the hell is going on with our government?
    In the worlds of Public Enemy, "This government needs a tuneup."
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-06-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Here's the rub... if Republicans try to vote to expel Corey Booker from the Senate for this document release...

The vote requires 2/3 of the Senate show up for the vote, or it's invalid.

In other words, if the GOP do try to expel Sen. Booker for releasing an innocuous document... all the Democrats need to do is not show up, and the GOP would fall well short of having 67 Senators present to successfully expel him for it.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.