Page 215 of 985 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225265315715 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 14769
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Well we might as well face facts , the Republicans will approve him. They'd approve fucking Manson if he was a conservative who pledged to go along with their agenda. The fact he erupted into anger and tears within 20 minutes demonstrates exactly why he shouldn't be approved. As someone posted Hillary Clinton withstood 11 hours of testimony , all while ole Brett had an emotional break down within 20 minutes.

This is the Republican party now. Time to own it people who support that party.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I get him wanting to support his party ( I guess), but what's with all the anger and insults? No one's accused him Kevin of anything. Seriously..."lying skanks" and she's having sex parties? Whoa!
    Who's Kevin?

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Sen. Orrin Hatch is using his time to portray Kavanaugh as the victim, and normalize binge drinking and sexual assault as normal teenage behavior.

Can't wait for you to retire, you old ****.
    If Kavanaugh is innocent, isn't he a victim?

It's becoming clear that the GOP members of this hearing are trying to spin this WHOOOOLLLLLLE Mess as the fault of...

Diane Feinstein. Yeah, nothing says "Republican salvage job" like blaming the woman. Sen. Crapo just used his time to lead to that conclusion, and several other GOP Senators have clutched their pearls (as has Kavanaugh) about how she "sprung" this on them after the initial interviews.

That... doesn't clear the charges, or make the need for an investigation go away.
    Didn't Feinstein handle this badly?

Feinstein just paused the bulls*** to point out that she actually did not leak a goddamned thing, so the GOP Senators can f*** right off with that paranoid distraction tactic.

Coke to IG.
    So Republicans leaked it?

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Regardless of the truth he this is the exact opposite look the GOP wanted. He’s going for angry and defiant when he should be going for poor victim who might be being railroaded. Terrible optics
    How should an innocent man react to being in this situation?

Wouldn't calm and magnanimous be a smart approach for a guilty man?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    How am I alt-right? I don't think it's fair to describe me as more pro-Trump than establishment Republicans. Nor have I supported white supremacists/white nationalists, neo-Nazis, neo-fascists, neo-Confederates, Holocaust deniers, etc.
    Never said that -- I said: regarding your chosen party's racism, sexism, homophobia and denial of climate change, it's just further "proof" that if anything, you're on the alt-right side.

If you're voting for the party of Steven Miller, Steve King, and Donald Trump (etc), then you're supporting white supremacists, nationalists and racists whether you want to admit it or not.

You know your party is blatantly homophobic and racist, Mets so do me a favor and stop with the nonsense: you likewise know exactly where I stand on this so just leave it alone and try to find something else to be "right" about other than supporting a party filled with racists and homophobes.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    As you can see from the above exchange, responsibility isn't their strong point -- Mets tries to play games with the Socratic method, but as he already thinks he's "right" he'll never arrive at any real truth via said methodology. Socrates admitted he knew nothing; Mets is out to prove he knows best, which is why both his questions -- and his corresponding skepticism -- almost always reflect his inherent bias.

Gaslight, obstruct, project -- I thought it was just a slogan, but it's their actual modus operandi.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-27-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    It's over! FINALLY!

What have we learned today class?
    That I really really really wan't President Harris, but she's soooo good at her job as a senator that it would be a shame if the left the legislative branch.

Invincible Member

Who's Kevin?

Didn't Feinstein handle this badly?

So Republicans leaked it?

How should an innocent man react to being in this situation?

Wouldn't calm and magnanimous be a smart approach for a guilty man?
    Kevin Jackson a Fox News contributor that called Christine Blasey a slut among other things. This is the article that WestPhillyPunisher linked to
    https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/fox...-opening-legs/

What did we learn?

That the GOP is now officially the party of sex offenders and their enablers. Amongst other things.

Makes me physically ill to think I was ever a registered member of this sham of a party.

What compromise have the Democrats offered?
    That Republicans at least wait to vote until the FBI do an investigation. Pay attention.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

No. Because Bill Cosby wasn't a "victim" until the gavel came down. You're the accused, not "a victim".

Also, it's really disgusting that you choose to frame him as one along with the Senators' vile behavior today.

Didn't Feinstein handle this badly? So Republicans leaked it?
    We. Don't. Know. But it's real interesting that this is all being blamed on a woman who handled the evidence at some point, and not, y'know, the accused.

How should an innocent man react to being in this situation? Wouldn't calm and magnanimous be a smart approach for a guilty man?
    As an attorney I saw online stated... "If someone is accused of a violent crime, particular a crime like sexual assault, the WORST look to have in front of a jury is of someone who can't control their emotions, or is prone to rage."

So, no. No, a calm approach is obviously better, unless you're drinking conservative Kool-Aid enough that you think blubbering about, snapping at Senators asking rational questions, and spouting out conspiracy theories amounts to "a good defense".

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Well we might as well face facts , the Republicans will approve him. They'd approve fucking Manson if he was a conservative who pledged to go along with their agenda. The fact he erupted into anger and tears within 20 minutes demonstrates exactly why he shouldn't be approved. As someone posted Hillary Clinton withstood 11 hours of testimony , all while ole Brett had an emotional break down within 20 minutes.

I think a lot of that was for show. I'm not going to pretend that I know everything that happened, however...we're at this point now where it almost doesn't matter what the facts are, it's about acting like you're in the right. For the sake of argument let's say Brett is innocent...does he really believe that the Clintons have anything to do with this? Why would he say such a thing other than his advisor/handler/whoever told him that it'd play well with Republicans in the hearing and watching on TV...

I mean, the president gets laughed at on camera by the UN and then claims it didn't happen that way, when it's on friggin' camera! You have fake conservative commentators who can't even get their their talking points straight raking it in because they know all they have to do is act indignant about "the Leftists" and they can get on TV or whatever. They don't believe half of what they say.
    Last edited by ed2962; 09-27-2018 at 05:16 PM.

As an attorney I saw online stated... "If someone is accused of a violent crime, particular a crime like sexual assault, the WORST look to have in front of a jury is of someone who can't control their emotions, or is prone to rage."

So, no. No, a calm approach is obviously better, unless you're drinking conservative Kool-Aid enough that you think blubbering about, snapping at Senators asking rational questions, and spouting out conspiracy theories amounts to "a good defense".
    Which is not what was happening.

That is about as nonsensical as Republicans talking about "Due Process".

BANNED

Kevin Jackson a Fox News contributor that called Christine Blasey a slut among other things. This is the article that WestPhillyPunisher linked to
    He's fired now.

BANNED

The Republicans, the so-called Christian and family values party is ready to put a rapist on the Surpreme Court.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Never said that -- I said: regarding your chosen party's racism, sexism, homophobia and denial of climate change, it's just further "proof" that if anything, you're on the alt-right side.

If you're voting for the party of Steven Miller, Steve King, and Donald Trump (etc), then you're supporting white supremacists, nationalists and racists whether you want to admit it or not.

You know your party is blatantly homophobic and racist, Mets so do me a favor and stop with the nonsense: you likewise know exactly where I stand on this so just leave it alone and try to find something else to be "right" about other than supporting a party filled with racists and homophobes.

As you can see from the above exchange, responsibility isn't their strong point -- Mets tries to play games with the Socratic method, but as he already thinks he's "right" he'll never arrive at any real truth via said methodology. Socrates admitted he knew nothing; Mets is out to prove he knows best, which is why both his questions -- and his corresponding skepticism -- almost always reflect his inherent bias.

Gaslight, obstruct, project -- I thought it was just a slogan, but it's their actual modus operandi.
    I was confused as to how I could be considered distinctly alt-right. If the argument is that anyone who often votes Republican is alt-right, I can sort of understand it, although it seems definitionaly off, since the alt-right has to be an alternative to the mainstream right (and has taken a particular meaning post-2016).

I don't pretend to know everything, although I doubt that opposition to skepticism and the concept of asking questions to better understand someone else is helpful.

That Republicans at least wait to vote until the FBI do an investigation. Pay attention.
    But that's not a compromise. That's the thing Democrats are asking for, and it helps them get a political goal (delaying the vote.)

No. Because Bill Cosby wasn't a "victim" until the gavel came down. You're the accused, not "a victim".

Also, it's really disgusting that you choose to frame him as one along with the Senators' vile behavior today.

We. Don't. Know. But it's real interesting that this is all being blamed on a woman who handled the evidence at some point, and not, y'know, the accused.

Bill Cosby isn't a victim because he raped quite a few women.

If you think there is no chance Kavanaugh is innocent, that would square the circle, although that has to be clearly articulated. But if he were innocent, how is he not a victim?

If the accused doesn't get all the blame, that's because some people think he may be innocent. We don't know whether he tried to rape anyone at the age of 17, and then lied about it at 53 (or had forgotten all about it, which is still pretty damn.)

We do know that Ford gave her letter to Feinstein in late July, and that it was kept quiet for over a month, which other Democrats learning about it after the completion of public hearings, around the gist of it was leaked to the Intercept, which led to the press contacting Ford, which led to her going to the press. Regardless of what Kavanaugh did before he was a legal adult, others screwed up there.

Given that Republicans had less access to the document, and that their incentives for increasing awareness of it were limited, it does seem much more likely that Democrats were responsible for leaking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    The Republicans, the so-called Christian and family values party is ready to put a rapist on the Surpreme Court.
    Even Ford's not claiming that.

And Republicans would much happier discussing the credibility of Swetnick's allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    He's fired now.
    Good.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Ford accused him of attempted rape, but he was too drunk
    Last edited by Raiders; 09-27-2018 at 05:37 PM.

But that's not a compromise. That's the thing Democrats are asking for, and it helps them get a political goal (delaying the vote.)
    No, a lack of compromise would be not wanting to hold the vote, and refusing to even call for due process.

Wow. Another Republican that doesn't understand compromise. You're really fitting in with the fringe of your party these days, Mets.

Bill Cosby isn't a victim because he raped quite a few women.
    And Brett Kavanaugh hasn't? Seem to be multiple women that can report being sexually assaulted by him or place him at the scene of gang rapes. His yearbook seems to indicate he was privy to sexual activity going on...

If you think there is no chance Kavanaugh is innocent, that would square the circle, although that has to be clearly articulated. But if he were innocent, how is he not a victim?
    Again, it's disgusting to frame the man accused in a sexual assault as "the victim". Especially given what is known, and continues to come out. I'm not even going to entertain what you're doing, Mets. It is truly the most revolting thing I've ever seen you post.

And Republicans would much happier discussing the credibility of Swetnick's allegations.
    Yes, they all seemed tickled pink to be discussing gang rape today while screaming at Democrats for having the nerve to call for investigations into the claims.