Page 225 of 985 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325725 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 14769
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Same here. Dealing with my sister and my best friend having breakdowns just from watching how Republican politicians - the people in charge of running the country for all of us - dismissed and demeaned, lied and bullied, accused and attacked a woman asking for a full investigation. This is why they - and others - hesitate or choose to not report. When men in power won't believe them and will actively turn public opinion against them, what point is there, really?

That is the party of Mets. He must be so proud.
    He won't admit to that publicly, neither will numberthirty, still, I'm sure they secretly feel a modicum of satisfaction over having "stuck it to the libs".
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I suggest that all of us who are upset about this situation with Kavanaugh channel that energy into getting Democrats registered and to the polls in November.
    Get out in public and educate people on how the GOP is screwing them over and get them registered. If they need rides to the polls volunteer to drive.
    Instead of complaining, go do something about it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Flake suggests a one week delay in floor vote to give the FBI a chance to look into the rape and assault allegations.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Flake is calling for a delay?! Wait what...

What is going on?!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Flake suggests a one week delay in floor vote to give the FBI a chance to look into the rape and assault allegations.
    The hell? Isn't it a little late for that?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I suggest that all of us who are upset about this situation with Kavanaugh channel that energy into getting Democrats registered and to the polls in November.
    Get out in public and educate people on how the GOP is screwing them over and get them registered. If they need rides to the polls volunteer to drive.
    100% this. I have been volunteering for Beto's campaign against Cruz here in Texas and have donated more than ever to Dems and Beto specifically. Reach out to your friends family post registration dates on your social media. ANYTHING you can do to get the vote out in your area.

If you hate what you are seeing and are defeatist and don't help then yes Trump and GOP will win again.

If you hate the racist, hateful, vengeful policies and turn of politics now do something. Texas early voting is less than a month away for midterms. I'm telling EVERYONE I know. Sometimes I wish Beto could be in a more liberal state cause I absolutely believe he should be a leader of the Democratic party. Will be difficult to beat Cruz here even though he's horrible hypocrite but I see signs and positivity about him everywhere I look which is amazing for Texas and inspiring.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The hell? Isn't it a little late for that?
    Some of the panels on cable news talked about that last night that this could be the option. Let it get out of committee but for the on the fence people to vote no on floor. But, he should have stood up and said no in committee. Now he could be confirmed when they start tossing around deals to the few holdouts on GOP.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Trump says Brett's performance yesterday was amazing and will go down in history. Not sure it'll be the way he thinks it will be.

Astonishing Member

Was surprised trump said decent things about Dr. Fords testimony when asked just now. He usually pretty awful about women accusers unless it's an accusation against an enemy

FB_IMG_1538158628759.jpg

Not sorry one bit.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Was surprised trump said decent things about Dr. Fords testimony when asked just now. He usually pretty awful about women accusers unless it's an accusation against an enemy
    He only gets really nasty when he thinks he has to tear somebody down to get what he wants, after he has already won he's pretty non-confrontational.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Flake is calling for a delay?! Wait what...

What is going on?!
    What a show! My faith in the American Government is collapsing into ashes, but man, what a show!
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Trump says Brett's performance yesterday was amazing and will go down in history. Not sure it'll be the way he thinks it will be.
    I suspect that to Trump, "history" began on the day he was inaugurated. Anything before that isn't worthy of mention in his warped world.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Midterms are coming up and the other Republicans have told him to chill on the misogyny -- at least until after the elections.

He's Jekyll and Hyde on it right now -- he plays well for the cameras on occasion, but he still can't help putting his real feelings out there on Twitter.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...p-tweet-836356
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 09-28-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Amen! Complaining is cathartic, but change takes work.