Page 268 of 985 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271272278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Got your new Graham photo WBE!

"Exit, Stage left!"

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I haven't watched Bill Maher's show yet but I did watch the linked video. That was a total click bait headline. Apparently the message you missed, which was the bulk of the nearly 7 minute segment, is that the GOP has wormed it's weigh to power because of things like

• Kamala Harris representing 20 million people while the GOP senator in Wyoming represents 280,000 which leads to

• A state of only 280,000 still gets 2 Senators

• Maher also points out that the Democrats have lost 1,000 seats in regards to state legislators. I know how that goes because I live in Indiana. The GOP have a super majority here so that the few Democratic reps don't really have to show up any more in Indianapolis. They get shut out on practically everything.

He's not saying that SJW's causes this....its Republicans getting the power to do this with gerrymandering and winning the electoral college but not the popular vote. THAT's what is the gist of his closing remarks. Total mischaracterization. And if you follow the tweets on that link, one of the guests on the show even says the headline is completely false.
    What Maher meant is that too often, young liberals do things like harass Ted Cruz out of a restaurant, pat themselves on the back and go back to posting photo-shopped images to Instagram. But they don't vote. And voting is more important than making Ted Cruz feel bad for a few hours. That was Maher's point.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    So anyone want to move to Europe with me?
    Thanks, but I’ll head to Japan. That way, I can ride bullet trains and hang out at maid cafes.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Thanks, but I’ll head to Japan. That way, I can ride bullet trains and hang out at maid cafes.
    i'll join you. i wanna see the one piece theme park.

I'll stay here and wait patiently for the day when all of this catches up to the Republicans. Seriously, they are working very hard at what will one day be dust in the wind. When it blows over, there will be nothing left of their machinations other than stories in history books.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'll stay here and wait patiently for the day when all of this catches up to the Republicans. Seriously, they are working very hard at what will one day be dust in the wind. When it blows over, there will be nothing left of their machinations other than stories in history books.
    You're forgetting how they're the ones re-writing the history books.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "Exit, Stage left!"
    To nad there wasn't any bears around to follow him and eat him as with A winter's tale.

My God people in the future are going to look back and say, what did they do.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So we create new publishers and do what they did in the past, underground movement.

You can't rewrite historuy books in the age of Digital information. The truth is always out there. That's just another conceit of people who live in the past.

Are Men Idiots Who Do Stupid Things? Study Says Yes

That's the premise of the authors' Male Idiot Theory. The study, published in BMJ, the former British Medical Journal, looked at past winners of the Darwin Awards. The awards are given to those people who die in such an idiotic manner that "their action ensures the long-term survival of the species, by selectively allowing one less idiot to survive."

The study looked at 318 cases, of which 282, or 88.7 percent, were men.

Limitations of the study, the authors noted, include its retrospective nature, selection bias-- women may be more likely to nominate men — and reporting bias — male candidates for the award may be more newsworthy than female candidates. But the authors wrote:
    Maybe not all men, but definitely those in Congress who supported Kavanugh, and Kavauagh himself.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-06-2018 at 07:53 PM.

I'm an idiot, and I resent being lumped in with the Kavanaugh jerks

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm an idiot, and I resent being lumped in with the Kavanaugh jerks
    I resent many things that these assholes have in common with me too, as I differ in many important ways that matter. I know that if I get pissed about being lumped together with them that it's what helps to drive those of us that AREN'T those assholes apart, but can't help but get defensive when lumped together. Of course this is very minor compared to many people out there getting torn up over the literal **** sandwich they're being forced to munch watching the War on Women play out, but it's still a thing regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I resent many things that these assholes have in common with me too, as I differ in many important ways that matter. I know that if I get pissed about being lumped together with them that it's what helps to drive those of us that AREN'T those assholes apart, but can't help but get defensive when lumped together. Of course this is very minor compared to many people out there getting torn up over the literal **** sandwich they're being forced to munch watching the War on Women play out, but it's still a thing regardless.
    Yeah, I'm also mostly just flailing about in impotent rage. I'm not one of the people that's actually going to be effected when Women's and LGBT rights starts getting rolled back. That's gonna suck and have a body count, which is way more important than me being kinda pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Yeah, I'm also mostly just flailing about in impotent rage. I'm not one of the people that's actually going to be effected when Women's and LGBT rights starts getting rolled back. That's gonna suck and have a body count, which is way more important than me being kinda pissed.
    Much like me, although I do live in a state that voted for Clinton, and Heller is the single most vulnerable Republican senator this year. Couple that with Trump's well known vindictiveness and I have some reason to be worried. Not as much as if I was female, brown, or gay (or a combination of them), but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Justice Clarence Thomas is only 70 years old but if Trump could get Anthony Kennedy to retire, he will also get Thomas to retire. Like Anthony Kennedy, Thomas was appointed by a Republican POTUS.

As the most senior Justice of the SCOTUS, Thomas served on the Supreme Court longer than the other current judges.
    Can he do that? (Get judges to retire?)

I suspect that having seen Trump in action a lot of the present Supreme Court judges will regard it as a duty not to retire while the Donald still holds office.