Page 283 of 985 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383783 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I need to strongly urge you to stop insulting caramel. Caramel is delicious flavor that is great on top of ice cream and is fantastic ingredient in other treats. In addition, I don’t think Caligula is too happy about this either. He’s been dead for awhile, let him rest.
    Also, Caligula was actually popular when he assumed the throne, until he got incredibly ill and was like a different person when he recovered. Giving him 2 things Trump will never have - a period of real popularity as a leader and a legitimate excuse for why he acted so terribly.

Melania Trump: I'm the most bullied person in the world

...she said that women who allege sexual abuse must produce "really hard evidence"... She did not clarify what would constitute "hard evidence".
    But she does stand with women.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I need to strongly urge you to stop insulting caramel. Caramel is delicious flavor that is great on top of ice cream and is fantastic ingredient in other treats. In addition, I don’t think Caligula is too happy about this either. He’s been dead for awhile, let him rest.
    Well, perhaps I approach this with more than a little prejudice as I've never much liked caramel, either as a topping on ice cream, in candy bars or as chews, too gooey for my liking. As for Caligula, okay, I'll give him a break, I've got many more nicknames to use for Trump.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Well, she does know how to Stand...and she is a Woman....that's about it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

The DA in NY dropped part of the sexual assault case against Harvey Weinstein.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Also, Caligula was actually popular when he assumed the throne, until he got incredibly ill and was like a different person when he recovered. Giving him 2 things Trump will never have - a period of real popularity as a leader and a legitimate excuse for why he acted so terribly.
    I think there was some proof to why he became mentally ill...the wine they drank from was sweetened with something that had lead in it.

(Always liked John Hurt as Caligula in the mini series "I, Claudius"....and Jay Robinson as Caligula in "The Robe")

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, perhaps I approach this with more than a little prejudice as I've never much liked caramel, either as a topping on ice cream, in candy bars or as chews, too gooey for my liking. As for Caligula, okay, I'll give him a break, I've got many more nicknames to use for Trump.
    how about The Annoying Orange?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    how about The Annoying Orange?
    I prefer Donnie Three-Times. Notice how he often repeats things three times? A facilitator at a training I had for work a few years ago speculated that Trump had OCD. I'm beginning to believe he was right.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I always liked the one that Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter came up with back in the 1990's ....Short-fingered vulgarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I think there was some proof to why he became mentally ill...the wine they drank from was sweetened with something that had lead in it
    Ah, good ol' lead. The asbestos of the wealthy.

Trump doubles down on Fed attacks, saying it’s ‘going loco’

U.S. President Donald Trump continued his tirade against the Federal Reserve in a late Wednesday television appearance, laying into the central bank’s policy decisions and suggesting it is to blame for Wednesday’s sharp market decline.

Saying he’s “not happy” with the Fed, Trump told Fox News he could’t understand why it was continuing to tighten U.S. monetary policy. The president has previously expressed displeasure with the central bank, and that’s led some to fear the institution’s independence is at risk.

“The problem I have is with the Fed. The Fed is going wild. I mean, I don’t know what their problem is that they are raising interest rates and it’s ridiculous,” Trump said during a telephone interview with Fox host Shannon Bream. “The problem [causing the market drop] in my opinion is Treasury and the Fed. The Fed is going loco and there’s no reason for them to do it. I’m not happy about it.”

In recent months, U.S. officials have sought to emphasize that Trump would honor the Fed’s historic ability to make decisions independent of political interference. “We as an administration absolutely support the independence of the Fed,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin reportedly said in July.
    One man's conspiracy theory on Trump's tirade: Wednesday's decline caused his businesses (which he never divested himself from after entering the presidential race two years ago) to lose a shitload of money, and that pissed him off. I can't think of any other reason he got so annoyed with the Fed.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Another crazy, inhumane Trump moment to add to the list:

Trump indicates to reporters in the Oval moments ago that he opposes stopping arms sales to Saudi Arabia: "I don’t like stopping massive amounts of money coming into our country ... I don’t like stopping an investment of $110 billion in the United States."

And then this...

Trump: This thing happened in Turkey and Khashoggi isn't even a US citizen.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 10-11-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Never mind the trifling and relatively insignificant fact that nineteen of the twenty 9/11 hijackers came from Saudi Arabia, or the more recent news about how a Saudi reporter critical of the government was killed in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, allegedly on orders of said government. Yeah, who cares about small potatoes bullshit like that when we can slurp billions from the Sheiks.

Kayne is with Trump in the Wh .... two peas in a pod
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    A predictable response from a thin-skinned demagogue who doesn't hide his hatred of the press (save for Faux News of course). Now, what would Mango Mussolini have done if that reporter WAS an American? Would he have risked screwing up that arms deal with the Saudis if he complained? I think we all know the answer to that, and it AIN'T yes.