Page 286 of 985 FirstFirst ... 186236276282283284285286287288289290296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    30 -- you are (I am assuming) a grown adult which means that it's time to grow up and stop blaming others for actions that fall under your realm of responsibility.

I just gave you a list of things that you could have voted "for" and you ignored it, further proving that your "for" argument is weak and not even worth addressing.
    HRC?

Not her job to stop blaming others for that she did not effectively address division created by telling primary voters who were and were not "Real" Democrats. Not her realm of responsibility to have addressed that.

Everybody else?

"Stop blaming others for actions that fall under your realm of responsibility."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    HRC?

Not her job to stop blaming others for that she did not effectively address division created by telling primary voters who were and were not "Real" Democrats. Not her realm of responsibility to have addressed that.

Everybody else?

"Stop blaming others for actions that fall under your realm of responsibility."
    Your vote is your responsibility -- and your posts here only prove "HRC" correct in many ways.

You know what the Democrats represent and you know what the Republicans represent -- yet you spend the majority of your time attacking Democrats even when their platform ("HRC" or otherwise) is 90-95% similar to other candidates that you advocate.

If that's what you choose to do, then so be it but don't try to tell the lie that the "Democrats" didn't give you anything to vote "for" when everyone here -- including you -- can see the list and knows the truth.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-11-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Your vote is your responsibility -- and your posts here only prove "HRC" correct in many ways.

You know what the Democrats represent and you know what the Republicans represent -- yet you spend the majority of your time attacking Democrats even when their platform ("HRC" or otherwise) is 95% similar to other candidates that you advocate.

If that's what you choose to do, then so be it but don't try to tell the lie that the "Democrats" didn't give you anything to vote "for" when everyone here -- including you -- can see the list and knows the truth.
    They just folded so completely that even someone who is seemingly a true believer felt the need to make note of it.

If that shouldn't be attacked(not really even that. More like "Be Critical Of..."), what should? How much of that should voters let slide? If you are voting for them as "Any Sort Of A Check...", that is not what is happening.

They just folded so completely that even someone who is seemingly a true believer felt the need to make note of it.

If that shouldn't be attacked(not really even that. More like "Be Critical Of..."), what should? How much of that should voters let slide? If you are voting for them as "Any Sort Of A Check...", that is not what is happening.

...against something they literally had no way to stop and was designed, by McConnel, to hinder vulnerable red state Senators. But, yeah, they 'folded'. I mean, those judges were gonna be confirmed either way. It's amazing how people are quick to bite at the narrative that the Dems are 'folding' when they have zero leverage.

Republicans warn ‘green wave’ of Democratic cash could overwhelm House GOP candidates

One by one, Democrats running for the House have released jaw-dropping figures the past week: First-time candidates raising $2.7 million in New Jersey, $3.5 million in California’s Central Valley and more than $3.6 million in northern Kentucky.

That’s just the previous three months, gaining steam on a fundraising surge that began last year. But the more eye-popping way to examine the Democratic cash is through the combined look at what that money does for their candidates.

In terms of television and radio advertising, Democratic candidates are expecting to spend almost $50 million more than their Republican counterparts in about 70 top House races, according to a spreadsheet of ad reservations across the country.

That spreadsheet, known as the “competitive summary” by insiders, was maintained by Republican operatives and provided to The Washington Post by GOP strategists.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

If you are voting for them as "Any Sort Of A Check...", that is not what is happening.
    So don't vote for them and then complain about them on a comic book forum, 30 -- I'm sure that will solve the problem, just like it did when Trump took office.

Adios.

Another minor note on the "Illinois" front...

Lauren Underwood seems to be only running about four points behind Randy Hultgren. Along with that, Underwood did get the endorsement of the Daily Herald.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

In the meantime, lead by Mitch McConnell the Senate just pushed through another batch of judges. By refusing to advance Obama's nominees, McConnell created a lot of vacancies to fill.

Republicans exacted a steep price from Democrats for an arrangement that will free up senators through Election Day: In a flurry of votes late Thursday, they pushed through 15 more judicial nominees, including three appeals court judges, on an expedited basis. In doing so, they added an exclamation mark to their victory in muscling through a second Trump Supreme Court justice, and deepened a historic imprint on the federal judiciary in President Trump’s first two years in office that could push some of the nation’s most important courts rightward for a generation.

Democrats agreed to swallow the additional nominations to free up their vulnerable members to campaign full time for the next three weeks.

he achievements for conservatives are striking. By Thursday night, Senate Republicans had used a narrow majority to confirm 29 appeals court judges nominated by Mr. Trump, far more than any other president since the creation of the regional circuit court system in 1891. They had added to the bench an additional 53 district court judges. And after last week’s near-party-line Supreme Court vote, they have secured a conservative majority on the court that could last for a generation.

It took most of President Barack Obama’s first term for a Democratic Senate to confirm a similar number of appellate judges. Once the latest judges are seated, roughly one in every six appeals court judges in the country will be Trump appointees.
    Of course it's not known how each will rule on issues like gerrymandering, voting rights, LGBTQ, and women's reproductive freedom but it's reasonable to assume that they've picked judges with very conservative views on these issues.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    In the meantime, lead by Mitch McConnell the Senate just pushed through another batch of judges. By refusing to advance Obama's nominees, McConnell created a lot of vacancies to fill.

Of course it's not known how each will rule on issues like gerrymandering, voting rights, LGBTQ, and women's reproductive freedom but it's reasonable to assume that they've picked judges with very conservative views on these issues.
    Yet another example of Turtle Boy successfully playing the long game to help the GOP. I very much expect those judicial appointees to skew conservative, perhaps heavily so. Makes me wonder, if previous Republican leader John Boehner hadn't developed a conscience and quit before Barack Obama's second term ended, would he have cooked up the sort of schemes McConnell has done? Would Boehner have taken the highly calculated risk of holding that SCOTUS seat open after Antonin Scalia's death in what was then the faint hope Donald Trump would win the election so a conservative could be Scalia's replacement? Would Boehner have decided to sacrifice the 2018 midterms for the more important goal of putting Brett Kavanaugh on the bench? Guess we'll never know.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-12-2018 at 03:46 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

A co-worker who hates Trump more than I do summed up his Oval Office summit with Kanye West yesterday thusly, and she didn't pull any punches:

"I wasn't impressed. Trump thinks that by turning that dummy West into his White House (expletive deleted), that orange turd can fool blacks into thinking he's not a racist. He ain't fooling nobody."
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A co-worker who hates Trump more than I do summed up his Oval Office summit with Kanye West yesterday thusly, and she didn't pull any punches:
    Even Michael Steele couldn't take this nonsense seriously.

Ultimate Member

This is the Republican idea of "outreach" -- suppressing African-American votes to appeal to and satisfy their white supremacist voter base.

------
    "Georgia's Secretary of State Is Blocking 53,000 Voter Registrations as He Runs for Governor"

"“I was kind of shocked,” said Appling-Nunez, who moved from one Atlanta suburb to another in May and believed she had successfully changed her address on the voter rolls.

“I’ve always voted. I try to not miss any elections, including local ones,” Appling-Nunez said.

She tried re-registering, but with about one month left before a November election that will decide a governor’s race and some competitive U.S. House races, Appling-Nunez’s application is one of over 53,000 sitting on hold with Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp’s office. And unlike Appling-Nunez, many people on that list — which is predominantly black, according to an analysis by The Associated Press — may not even know their voter registration has been held up.

Kemp, who’s also the Republican candidate for governor, is in charge of elections and voter registration in Georgia.

His Democratic opponent, former state Rep. Stacey Abrams, and voting rights advocacy groups charge that Kemp is systematically using his office to suppress votes and tilt the election, and that his policies disproportionately affect black and minority voters. Under the policy, information on voter applications must precisely match information on file with the Georgia Department of Driver Services or the Social Security Administration. Election officials can place non-matching applications on hold.

An application could be held because of an entry error or a dropped hyphen in a last name, for example.

Appling-Nunez says she never saw any notice from Kemp’s office indicating a problem with her application.

An analysis of the records obtained by The Associated Press reveals racial disparity in the process. Georgia’s population is approximately 32 percent black, according to the U.S. Census, but the list of voter registrations on hold with Kemp’s office is nearly 70 percent black..."

http://time.com/5421332/georgia-bria...ters-governor/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-12-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I know this sounds foolish but I've gotten to the point where everytime I see Trump's face I wish I could just