Page 3 of 985 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Double double.
    Last edited by ouroboros; 08-05-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Awww, the thread should have had the subtitle of Electric Boogaloo.
    Electoral Boogaloo?

Toil and trouble
    Doubled, re-doubled in #2.
    Last edited by ouroboros; 08-05-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    That's right, never happened before Trump, did it?

Except when it did.
    David Duke is ONE white nationalist.

In 2018, there are at least EIGHT white nationalists running on the Republican ticket.

Not that you would minimize the threat of White Nationalism, and instead ramble on about Antifa as a threat like a fool or anything.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

The New Yorker poses a very simple question:

What do we do when a President has openly admitted to attempted collusion, lying, and a coverup?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Literally the first thing I thought of when I saw the new thread, hahaha.

On-topic: I've already seen the media falling all over themselves to congratulate Melania for her statement on LeBron and that he should invite her to the school. Personally, I'm not sure if I buy any real sincerity coming from her and wouldn't let her take one step on the grounds.
    I think she is being sincere in a way. So was Ivanka with stating that the press is not the enemy of the people. Both women are used to a certain kind of freedom so they don't really know how to tow the line when it comes to politics. Despite how privileged, and possibly influential, they could have been before now( because of money) their words have never carried weight. Basically they are just two princesses that recently got released from the tower.

Not that they should be let off the hook, but it explains some of the behavior. I doubt that they considered the impact of their statements before speaking/typing.
    Last edited by Mecegirl; 08-05-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    David Duke is ONE white nationalist.

In 2018, there are at least EIGHT white nationalists running on the Republican ticket.

Not that you would minimize the threat of White Nationalism, and instead ramble on about Antifa as a threat like a fool or anything.
    They're both threats, and only a fool would think one is better than the other.

Not that it matters to this crowd, but those of you have claimed that I recently brought up Antifa are, predictably enough, wrong.

I was minding my own business, critiquing the inanity of attacking press secretaries, and Trey Strain brought up the fight that erupted near Trump's Hollywood star. He did not specifically cite Antifa, but in #104321, Zinderel brought the group up, saying in part:

Thank you. Clearly, he is just trying to denigrate Antifa by claiming - like so many on the right do - that Antifa just assaults people willy nilly for having unpopular opinions. This is a lie. Not a mistake, a LIE.
    I have brought up Antifa on some occasions. But I am not, as claimed by a certain party, the only one who ever brings up the group.

They're both threats, and only a fool would think one is better than the other.
    One group - fascists - wants ethnic cleansing, cheer and laugh about the ripping apart of immigrant families, want rehabilitation camps for 'queers', think women should only be pregnant and making them dinner, and excuse it all behind a thin veneer of Jesus to make themselves more palatable.

The other group - anti-fascists -want to punch the first guys hard and often enough that they go back into their shitholes, where their ideas belong, and fight to make sure those ideas don't spread wider and stop getting taken seriously, since they are, objectively, awful fucking ideas...

But yes, 'both sides are equally bad'.
    Last edited by zinderel; 08-05-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    One group - fascists - wants ethnic cleansing, cheers the ripping apart of immigrant families, wants rehabilitation camps for 'queers', thinks women should only be pregnant and making them dinner, because Jesus.

The other group wants to punch the first guys hard and often enough that they go back into their shitholes, where their ideas belong.

But yes, 'both sides are equally bad'.
    Tell the assaulted Berkeley students that they were assaulted for their belief in ethnic cleansing et al. I'm sure they'll agree that their injuries are justified by the march for political correctness.

Just in case you thought "F*** Your Feelings" was the low point for political T-shirts....

fark_DKqlc8BLZNY8HfEdVCGk4lFeqqU.jpg

To which I say - "Move there." to anyone with this sentiment.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Just in case you thought "F*** Your Feelings" was the low point for political T-shirts....

fark_DKqlc8BLZNY8HfEdVCGk4lFeqqU.jpg

To which I say - "Move there." to anyone with this sentiment.
    These will be the same guys crying if the next Democrat President does something and proclaim him a Communist. Its best to show this image and go , ya know what ...this is your party so go **** right off with that nonsense.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Tell the assaulted Berkeley students that they were assaulted for their belief in ethnic cleansing et al. I'm sure they'll agree that their injuries are justified by the march for political correctness.
    Antifa has been around for something like 30 years now, but somehow it always comes back to their defining moment one day in Berkeley.......
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I think she is being sincere in a way. So was Ivanka with stating that the press is not the enemy of the people. Both women are used to a certain kind of freedom so they don't really know how to tow the line when it comes to politics. Despite how privileged, and possibly influential, they could have been before now( because of money) their words have never carried weight. Basically they are just two princesses that recently were got released from the tower.

Not that they should be let off the hook, but it explains some of the behavior. I doubt that they considered the impact of their statements before speaking/typing.
    I can understand that. While I have no reason to believe Ivanka's sincere about answering the question about the press, the fact that she took/answered the question clearly and didn't really try to do an elaborate dance routine to avoid it like the Huckster goes a bit further for me than simply releasing a press statement via your comms director.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Antifa has been around for something like 30 years now, but somehow it always comes back to their defining moment one day in Berkeley.......
    Antifa draws from both America in 1920's and 30's, when militant leftists clashed with pro-Nazi groups in America, like Friends of New Germany, and the Antifaschistische Aktion formed in Weimar, Germany in 1932. Antifa has no central organization because it literally is NOT an organizarion, it is an ideal that became a label in 2017. They have literally no central doctrine, either, other than "fight fascism."

But those guys in Berkeley, who turned out to hear pro-fascist propagandists speak their propaganda, man...they were just innocent people who did nothing but show up to support people who support fascism in America...innocents, I tell ya!