Page 308 of 985 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 4,606 to 4,620 of 14769
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wonder how long it will be before it’s revealed that the GOP is using the “Proud Boys” as their very own Brown Shirts. The Proud Bitches are doing it now by themselves but it won’t be long before they’re actively recruited.
    Proud Boys strike me as kind of doofuses though. Actual bad ass right wing group are stock piling weapons, having shoot outs, or rallying around Richard Spenser. PBs seem to be numskulls who didn't get that Fight Club was a satire. I mean, their leader isn't Spenser or Duke, it's a goofy ass comedian Gavin McInnes.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Maybe it's because they realized that some Democrats are willing to throw her under the bus quickly... While she also got more votes than any candidate other than Obama on one of his wins. They're trying to sow discord in the Democratic party.
    I guess, but if I were a Republican and i wanted to stir up my base, I'd be putting more energy into attacking people who were running for things or in the political discourse. I'd be out there going after Warren and Ortiz and Sanders. What's the point bringing up Clinton? It seems like a stupid waste of energy...but you know what? As I write this, I think of how the POTUS brings up Obama and Clinton whenever he's in a corner so...

It seems that the right wing spreaders of chaos are getting desperate because they are so worried about the midterms.

First you have an angry mob attacking Nancy Pelosi in the streets.

And then you have the anonymous Twitter brigade going full Pizzagate on Hillary again:

Yikes.
    What the ever-loving **** is this!?! It's like a horror pitch based on Alex Jones' wettest dreams...

It seems that the right wing spreaders of chaos are getting desperate because they are so worried about the midterms.

And then you have the anonymous Twitter brigade going full Pizzagate on Hillary again:

Yikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    What the ever-loving **** is this!?! It's like a horror pitch based on Alex Jones' wettest dreams...
    I know that account, it has over 14,000 followers and tweets and retweets hundreds of insane MAGA tweets every day. It's pretty clearly a full time operation. I managed to get him or her or them sent to "twitter jail" for a week earlier this month over disgusting tweets about Dr. Ford.

These are even worse.

Report, report, report.

Maybe it's because they realized that some Democrats are willing to throw her under the bus quickly... While she also got more votes than any candidate other than Obama on one of his wins. They're trying to sow discord in the Democratic party.
    I heard from a reliable source that Nancy Peolsi has made it clear to any and all Democratic Candidates that, if they need to use her as a scape goat, diss her, or whatever, in order to win...then do it. She has no ego in this, only a desire to flip the house. Basically, she'd sacrifice herself, throw herself under the bus if needed to get the Democrats in control of the House.

I would not be surprised if Hillary feels the same way. She's thick skinned enough not to worry about Democratic Candidates distancing themselves from her if they think it's the best way to win.

But what the Far Right and the Republicans are doing, that's just horrible and twisted.
    Last edited by Tami; 10-20-2018 at 02:22 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    space goat
    My favorite typo (or autocorrect bug), ever.

"How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

My favorite typo (or autocorrect bug), ever.

That also happens when you mistype 'Space Ghost'.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Yikes.
    Jesus H. Motherloving Christ! What narcotics were they on when they vomited out that crazy ****?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Trump is really going to get us all freaking killed, isn't he?

President Donald Trump announced Saturday that the US is pulling out of the landmark Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty with Russia, a decades-old agreement that has drawn the ire of the President.

"Russia has violated the agreement. They've been violating it for many years," Trump told reporters before boarding Air Force One to leave Nevada following a campaign rally.

"And I don't know why President Obama didn't negotiate or pull out. And we're not going to let them violate a nuclear agreement and go out and do weapons and we're not allowed to," he said. "We're the ones that have stayed in the agreement and we've honored the agreement.
    "But Russia has not, unfortunately, honored the agreement. So we're going to terminate the agreement. We're gonna pull out," he said of the agreement, which was signed in December 1987 by former President Ronald Reagan and former USSR President Mikhail Gorbachecv.

The Trump Administration has said repeatedly that Russia has violated the treaty.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Proud Boys strike me as kind of doofuses though. Actual bad ass right wing group are stock piling weapons, having shoot outs, or rallying around Richard Spenser. PBs seem to be numskulls who didn't get that Fight Club was a satire. I mean, their leader isn't Spenser or Duke, it's a goofy ass comedian Gavin McInnes.
    Still, they have their place in the Venn diagram of right-wing extremism, serving as a recruiting arm for more violent, militaristic organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Reminds me of the horrible allegations the Nazis would level against the Jews.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 10-20-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

List of United States treaties

If it has the word 'Treaty' or 'Agreement' or 'Alliance' in it, you know Trump is aiming to withdraw from it.

Missouri GOP sent 10,000 voters false absentee voting information

The Missouri Republican Party sent mailers to 10,000 voters across the state with false information about when their absentee ballots are due, the party’s executive director acknowledged Friday.

Ray Bozarth said the incorrect information was printed on postcards as the result of a miscommunication between the party and its vendor, which he declined to name. Bozarth also did not say how the miscommunication occurred.

A photo of the mailer provided to the Star shows a red bar across the top that says “urgent notice” in all capital letters and encourages voters to return their mail-in ballots “today.”

It also says, ballots must be returned by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 30, which is not the case. Ballots are due on election day, Nov. 6, and requests for mail-in ballots aren’t due until Wednesday, Oct. 31.

Bozarth said the ballots were sent to likely Republican voters as part of the party’s get-out-the-vote efforts and that they would receive new mailers with corrected information “very soon.”

Don't know about y'all, but I stand with Nancy Pelosi, and I stand with Hillary.

Those Nazis don't target them by coincidence.
    They are easy targets. Mouthy women who dare not to be perfect. Somehow their flaws are worse that everyone else's.

Ha, I got one of those. I already mailed in my ballot so I never checked the date. Went right into the trash with the other GOP mailers.
    I get a lot of GOP mailers, no idea why they think I like them so much. Must just be that I'm the only person in town that doesn't vote Republican.

EDIT: I got a new one today even. No funny mistakes though. It's just Claire McCaskill's picture next to Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer warning of "Anti-Trump Witch Hunts". Classy.
    Last edited by JCAll; 10-20-2018 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I guess, but if I were a Republican and i wanted to stir up my base, I'd be putting more energy into attacking people who were running for things or in the political discourse. I'd be out there going after Warren and Ortiz and Sanders. What's the point bringing up Clinton? It seems like a stupid waste of energy...but you know what? As I write this, I think of how the POTUS brings up Obama and Clinton whenever he's in a corner so...
    When all you have to sell is Hate, you have to make sure it's the kind your audience wants to buy. Like a band that has to keep playing the classics because that's all people want to hear them play.