Page 324 of 985 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424824 ... LastLast
Results 4,846 to 4,860 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The White House has taken an anti-sending explosives to former elected officials stance.

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/sta...99763715178496

According to Sarah Sanders "These terrorizing acts are despicable, and anyone responsible will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law. The United States Secret Service and other law enforcement agencies are investigating and will take appropriate actions to protect anyone threatened by these cowards."
    Seeing as what Sanders says doesn't matter to her handlers or affects policy, I'll count her not among people who matter at the WH.

E: Trump's "Wholeheartedly" tweet is the best I expected, as he didn't have to actually say anything there.
    Last edited by Dalak; 10-24-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Well, that's sure curious. As far as I know (and, admittedly, that's not saying much), DWS hasn't been relevant, or even in the public eye for close to two years now. Why her? That doesn't make any sense.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Well, that's sure curious. As far as I know (and, admittedly, that's not saying much), DWS hasn't been relevant, or even in the public eye for close to two years now. Why her? That doesn't make any sense.
    The same can be said for Hillary Clinton, if you think about it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

CNN was evacuated live by one of these.

It doesn't have to make sense, if it's all the work of some crazy right-wing conspiracy theorist, now does it?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Pence has come out with a quick but the two point statement of condemnation of the attempted bombings. A perfectly normal human thing that's easy to write and day.

Trump? Just "I agree wholeheartedly." Cant even be bothered by tweet out a full tweet on this.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Holy crap, apparently a building next door to Kamala Harris office was evacuated and a package being sent to Eric Holder was intercepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The same can be said for Hillary Clinton, if you think about it.
    To crazed right wing nutbags, Hillary is the Antichrist, so it makes a warped sort of sense for her to have a bullseye on her back. DWS on the other hand was nothing more than an enabler who sought to be a queenmaker by getting Hillary into the Oval Office by hook or crook. The fact DWS ultimately failed (while shitting on the Democrat Party with her underhanded schemes) and was shamed out of the public political spotlight made her an unlikely target. At least to me anyway. When it comes to these whackjobs, there's no telling what motivates them.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Pence has come out with a quick but the two point statement of condemnation of the attempted bombings. A perfectly normal human thing that's easy to write and day.

Trump? Just "I agree wholeheartedly." Cant even be bothered by tweet out a full tweet on this.
    You expected something different? Something decent or humane from Trump? Either he flat out doesn't give a **** to issue anything meaningful (my suspicion), or the realization set in that his rhetoric might have spurred this madness, and he doesn't know how to respond. But "I agree wholeheartedly" damn sure doesn't cut it.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Holy crap, apparently a building next door to Kamala Harris office was evacuated and a package being sent to Eric Holder was intercepted.
    Christ on a crutch! Who's next? Tammy Duckworth? John Lewis? Beto O'Rourke? Just a few hours of this and things have already gotten horribly out of hand. But hey, it's the Dems who are the violent ones.

To crazed right wing nutbags, Hillary is the Antichrist, so it makes a warped sort of sense for her to have a bullseye on her back. DWS on the other hand was nothing more than an enabler who sought to be a queenmaker by getting Hillary into the Oval Office by hook or crook. The fact DWS ultimately failed (while shitting on the Democrat Party with her underhanded schemes) and was shamed out of the public political spotlight made her an unlikely target. At least to me anyway. When it comes to these whackjobs, there's no telling what motivates them.
    Notice how insidious the branding has become. They just got you to type out "Democrat Party" instead of "Democratic Party."

Maybe the guy had some Bernie sympathies too? Who knows, but I'm not about to claim "Bernie Bro" or anything of the like here. The fact that all these folks are having to dodge Bombs is enough for me right now, but unless we see a series of bombs coming at many prominent conservatives I think we've been shown how much of a danger 'the radical left' actually is to politics in this country.

Show of hands if anyone actually believes that bullshit Baghdad Betty spouted. Anyone?
    I, for one, agree that the actions are despicable.

Talk on news is that the Bomber is targeting targets who are the targets of right wing conspiracy theories. The Alex Jones types.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I, for one, agree that the actions are despicable.
    I think everyone here knows that wasn't the question that was asked, but I'm glad you think it's wrong.

Does anyone think that any R leaning folks saying these attempts are despicable/whatever will A) Admit that the political BS constantly being used against Soros, Clinton, the Press (Cnn in particular), etc by the conservatives is to blame for it and/or B) Vote accordingly with the lack of support for such actions?