Page 383 of 985 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483883 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    There was no national "Blue Wave" but there sure as hell was one here in CO.
    YESSSSS!!!!! I said earlier in the thread, but I voted straight blue tonight. Union Station was literally full of millennials waiting in line to vote. I'm from MA which is a historically blue state and a politically savvy state at that, and I've never voted and seen the overwhelming majority of the people at the polls be my age. I knew something big was happening here. And I am happy for that. Colorado will likely be viewed as less of a purple swing state and more of a blue state going forward. Ever since legalization the state has taken a more liberal and younger shift

Edit: on the otherside even though I voted for most of the tax increases, I'm kinda glad they all lost for my wallet. On the downside not sure how to feel about 112 going down
    Last edited by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE; 11-06-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Nevada results haven't come in, because state policy is not to release any results until everyone has been able to vote in every poll, and there are still people waiting at Washoe County.

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/polit...da/1901777002/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    So would you guys consider tonight a victory? I would, though their are some trends that really concerning to me. We got open white nationalists running for office, and their seems to be little consequences for that among conservatives. But The Dems just took the house and that really matters, for alot of reasons. I feel democrats often are to short sighted, when it comes to political strategy. That's the one thing Republicans tend to have on them, a tendency to play the long game. Your not going to win it all in one move.
    Absolutely. Losing this much in the Senate really hurts and some high profile wins we'd have really liked like taking out Steve King or Duncan Hunter look out of reach, but the Dems gained between 30-40 House seats and significantly bluer state legislatures and local elections are good -- and let's not forget that we came within hair's breadth in TEXAS. That result has to be worrying the GOP.

Tomorrow, we're probably going to start seeing an analysis of what it would take for Democrats to take back the Senate in 2020.

Should Republicans gain four seats (if they keep Arizona and Nevada), Democrats would need to win five and the White House to get a majority.

Republicans are heavy favorites in Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia and Wyoming.
    There are Republican incumbents in swing states of Colorado, Iowa, Maine, and North Carolina, and a likely open election in Arizona, but Democrats will need a clean sweep.

Plus, the most vulnerable Senate incumbent is probably a Democrat: Doug Jones of Alabama.

It's not a great map.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Forgot to mention, Dan Donovan lost in NY (Donovan being the former prosecutor who didn't feel like prosecuting cops for choking Eric Garner to death on camera), and Virginia Congressman Scott Taylor lost, partially because his campaign was caught illegally trying to gather signatures to get an independent candidate on the ballot to pull votes away from his Democratic challenger.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I would just like to say that the Alabama GOP can all burn in Hell. Every. Single. One. Of. Them. I'd like to see the state dragged kicking and screaming out of the 1950's once and for all, but that'll probably never happen for maybe two or three generations because the fuckin' racist, misogynist boomers are still alive and kicking.

In addition to keeping Kay the Corpse around, they passed a despicable anti-abortion amendment that'll probably be used when the GOP-controlled Supreme Court gleefully rips up Roe v. Wade. What a banner night for this shithole. -_____________-

So...

A good ways into election day, anyone hear anything that looked like potential interference/hacking outside of whatever that Manchin thing might have been?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Tomorrow, we're probably going to start seeing an analysis of what it would take for Democrats to take back the Senate in 2020.

Should Republicans gain four seats (if they keep Arizona and Nevada), Democrats would need to win five and the White House to get a majority.

Republicans are heavy favorites in Alaska, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia and Wyoming.
    There are Republican incumbents in swing states of Colorado, Iowa, Maine, and North Carolina, but that's not enough.

And the most vulnerable Senate incumbent is probably a Democrat: Doug Jones of Alabama.

It's not a great map.
    It isn’t anywhere near a guarantee that Republicans make it out of the night without losing one, if not both. We’ll have to see how things shake out with these results but I think Heller might be facing an uphill battle to win re-election at least.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

To put in how broken American politics are:

Democrats, as of right now, without most of California counted, have 12 million more votes than Republicans for Senate. But have lost three more seats.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    To put in how broken American politics are:

Democrats, as of right now, without most of California counted, have 12 million more votes than Republicans for Senate. But have lost three more seats.
    If this were the case with the presidency (as it was last election by three million) or the House of Representatives (which it has been for the last eight years), I'd agree. As it stands though, I think that this is pretty much acceptable given the nature of the Senate. It is designed to give each state government the ability to have a say over national politics. I think that they have an outsized ability to vote on things like judges and Justices but that is the way that the system works. I just think we have too many state protections and not enough individual protections over the assertion of ourselves in our democracy. The Senate ought to be the last and only line of defense for states in our system. Not just one of many. But that is merely my two cents.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Claudia Tenney lost in NY, as well.

Chris Collins still won, but remains under indictment, so he's still a Congressman... for now.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Looks like Oregon remains blue - shocker, I know - with Kate Brown handily winning. I have my issues with some of her policies, but I'm glad she won.

We SOUNDLY struck down an attempt by right wing racists to futher demonize and marginalize immigrants, thus maintaining our stance as a sanctuary.

We SOUNDLY defeated a bill that would cut funding for abortion providers in the state, thus maintaining our stance as a state that cares about women and their right to decide for themselves if they want to be a mother.

We defeated a bill 'to prevent taxing groceries' that was really just a loophole for corporate interests, since there hasn't been any suggestion of taxing groceries here.

And we passed a bill increasing funding to affordable housing projects.

So, while I could be happier on a national level, obviously, i think this was a good year, overall.

Do we know about how voter turnout was compared to last year? Or will that information come later on?

I had a bit of a problem getting my ballot accepted by the voting machine. The poll worker told me to put in face down instead of face up. That seemed to work. Hope my vote got counted.