Page 388 of 985 FirstFirst ... 288338378384385386387388389390391392398438488888 ... LastLast
Results 5,806 to 5,820 of 14769
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Then that crone needs to be pushed aside in favor of someone who won't put up with any Republican bullshit and fight fire with fire.
    I respect her for what she did in the past. She did get as much of Obama's goals as she could but it lost them the midterms for Obama. I'm OK with the picking someone who's less of a lady and getting an asskicker who takes names.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Some are saying that Beto’s loss was a blessing in disguise as it frees him up for a 2020 bid. The Dems don’t really have a front runner at the moment and this guy has proven he has tons of charisma. A young progressive who has energized the youth vote and captured the eyes of the nation. What’s this strange feeling I have?!? Is it hope?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Beto absolutely has a future and a bright one for a guy who seems pretty dang earnest.

https://twitter.com/JessicaPost/stat...ntsmemo.com%2F

Meanwhiile, that is a round up for all the state chamber changes.
    Beto does have a future. But he can't be Milquetoast and hope to remain inspiring. He's gotta go big. Democrats are really terrible at exciting or defending their base voters or getting us out to vote. Not everyone is me. I had ot take 3 friends to vote, because they weren't excited in NC, a state they know Republicans were hurting with their policies. Luckily we took down their super majority, and veto proof majority. Now Roy Cooper can start getting things done.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Then that crone needs to be pushed aside in favor of someone who won't put up with any Republican bullshit and fight fire with fire.
    Nancy Pelosi has said that she will eb a transition Speaker. Eventually someone new will be elected, but she is still needed. I'm a Pelosi supporter, I think she has done a great job and cares more about her country than herself.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Obamacare was a big bone for the middle class. It needed to be fixed, it needed to be improved and worked on, and maybe eventually moved to healthcare for all/single payer. But covering pre existing conditions is massive. It was ironically only popular though AFTER GOP tried to take it away and people were like wait hold up I like that I can get some insurance and don't have to be 1 illness away from bankruptcy.

That's why you see so many GOP lying their freaking faces off despite their actual votes about how they are all about pre existing condition protection.

One thing I do want Dems to focus on though is nurturing the diversity, the women that were elected. They need to get good committee seats in the house so they can spread their wings and influence.
    Was it though?

A lot of us (middle class) had their insurance prices increase to pay for poor(er) people.

The pre-existing thing WAS massive though. That is true.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I respect her for what she did in the past. She did get as much of Obama's goals as she could but it lost them the midterms for Obama. I'm OK with the picking someone who's less of a lady and getting an asskicker who takes names.
    On the bright side Maxine Waters should be getting that chairwomanship.

I do think the Pelosi hate is unwarranted. If someone better comes along sure. But she is so obviously a scapegoat. Now that Ocasio-Cortez is in they are gonna start up with her too. ****, all the new women in the House are targets now. It's just so easy to get people to focus in on the faults of women.

I'm not proposing blind loyalty, like I said if someone better comes great, but there is no need to cannibalize ourselves in search of a purity that may not exist yet. There is no messiah in politics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Beto does have a future. But he can't be Milquetoast and hope to remain inspiring. He's gotta go big. Democrats are really terrible at exciting or defending their base voters or getting us out to vote. Not everyone is me. I had ot take 3 friends to vote, because they weren't excited in NC, a state they know Republicans were hurting with their policies. Luckily we took down their super majority, and veto proof majority. Now Roy Cooper can start getting things done.
    What is your definition of "go big"?

Funny you say Beto is timid when I just saw 3 different headlines covering his concession speech with pearl clutching about him dropping an F bomb live. Some of the complaints about him from Democratic side was that he didn't employ pollsters, he didn't use all that money to run more attack ads against Cruz etc. But, that isn't who he is I like that more than being fake. That's what trump and Cruz did. Fake as **** and huge liars.

People say Dems just run anti trump. Beto proved that you can engage people in every corner of Texas and talk about issues. GOP hide from town halls and answering actual policy questions. They just lie and fearmonger. Yeah he lost but he would have won anything he wanted in any other state more suited to Democratic values.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Was it though?

A lot of us (middle class) had their insurance prices increase to pay for poor(er) people.

The pre-existing thing WAS massive though. That is true.
    That is the part that needed fixing like I said. And that's a failure that should lie at the feet of voters and the democrats for not supporting Dem candidates in the midterms. Obama couldn't improve and fix as much as he would have liked too because it was hamstrung and sabotaged.

You see similar happening with GOP wanting to gut security net programs. That is NOT good for middle americans. No one should WANT corporations to be getting a free ride while their security net programs are gutted to pay for it. But here we are still voting red and buying into trickle down.
    Last edited by kidfresh512; 11-07-2018 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I do think the Pelosi hate is unwarranted. If someone better comes along sure. But she is so obviously a scapegoat. Now that Ocasio-Cortez is in they are gonna start up with her too. ****, all the new women in the House are targets now. It's just so easy to get people to focus in on the faults of women.

I'm not proposing blind loyalty, like I said if someone better comes great, but there is no need to cannibalize ourselves in search of a purity that may not exist yet. There is no messiah in politics.
    Before the election, there were, if my numbers are correct, about 84 women in the House of Representatives. At least 98 women, maybe more, were elected to the House yesterday. At least 8 were women who unseated male Incumbents. The numbers should be clearer in a day or two.

Bottom line, there are going to be more women in Congress next year, and possibly even more two years from now. Men can only say or do so much when they are eventually out numbered.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Nancy Pelosi has said that she will eb a transition Speaker. Eventually someone new will be elected, but she is still needed. I'm a Pelosi supporter, I think she has done a great job and cares more about her country than herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post

Look, I'm no knuckledragger, my dislike of Pelosi has NOTHING to do with her being a woman (and I apologize for calling her a crone, that was stupid and wrong), rather she was at the helm when the Democrats lost the election to THE most unqualified candidate EVER to run for president, and to me, that STILL rankles to this day. Perhaps it was predestined that a Republican would retake the White House since no candidates from either side of the aisle have held on to the Oval Office for three straight election cycles since Reagan-Bush in the 1980's, but to lose to a disgusting troll like Donald Trump was a monumental screw-up. Sure, there were complications out the ass which I won't waste time dredging up, god knows that dead horse has been flayed enough, but I just can't imagine Pelosi not having been sent packing after what happened in 2016. I would have no problem with Pelosi sticking around in a senior advisor role, she's earned that much, I just feel her days as Speaker should be over. If that's an irrational viewpoint, so be it.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-07-2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I voted for new, different, young blood.

Don't hate Pelosi, don't want her either. Time for her to be a leader and lead from the side or behind.

Time for some new leadership.

BTW: My district went blue for the first time in almost 30 years.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 11-07-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

You see similar happening with GOP wanting to gut security net programs. That is NOT good for middle americans. No one should WANT corporations to be getting a free ride while their security net programs are gutted to pay for it. But here we are still voting red and buying into trickle down.
    Nothing seems good for middle americans. GOP is definitely worse but each election cycle comes and goes and both sides just talk about the extremes.

You know how annoying it is to see "the issues" come up and it never has anything to do with you at all lol?

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Nothing seems good for middle americans. GOP is definitely worse but each election cycle comes and goes and both sides just talk about the extremes.

You know how annoying it is to see "the issues" come up and it never has anything to do with you at all lol?
    And what exactly does the 'middle' want?

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    And what exactly does the 'middle' want?
    same thing everybody wants

(small business help would be nice. I don't think people realize how much even a small business with 3 employees pay sin taxes each month to support people with no jobs. lower insurance premiums would be nice. student loan help of some sort would be nice. accountability of rich people who get richer and richer while wages stagnate across the board. Everyone focuses on minimum wage and skipping the people int he middle stuck at the same salary for 10 years while the CEO buys private jet number 16. ect)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    We can disagree on Pelosi, because I think her and Schumer's way is the wrong way. Last night it wasn't their leadership that won the people, because they are mostly invisible everywhere, and when visible, they lack the backbone to fight, unless it's against a Progressive.

Their time is done, they honestly need to go.

That's not saying that they can't help with down ballot measures, especially with Amendments and such, but them leading the party into the future of 1950 is an Oxymoron.

BANNED

What is your definition of "go big"?

Funny you say Beto is timid when I just saw 3 different headlines covering his concession speech with pearl clutching about him dropping an F bomb live. Some of the complaints about him from Democratic side was that he didn't employ pollsters, he didn't use all that money to run more attack ads against Cruz etc. But, that isn't who he is I like that more than being fake. That's what trump and Cruz did. Fake as **** and huge liars.

People say Dems just run anti trump. Beto proved that you can engage people in every corner of Texas and talk about issues. GOP hide from town halls and answering actual policy questions. They just lie and fearmonger. Yeah he lost but he would have won anything he wanted in any other state more suited to Democratic values.
    Nowhere did I mention or say Beto was timid. I said he was milquetoast. He should have fought harder for Progressive things, double down on Medicare for all, Fight against the smears of Cruz, ACTUALLY attack Cruz on the policy. During the last debate he finally went a little harder, but it should have been an everday attack against Cruz on Policy. It's like I told someone on Facebook. Democrats have to grow a spine and stop worrying about the media calling them Uncivil. Maxine Waters went hard after the GOP and the media called her Uncivil, then she went harder, and came out okay last night, while Republicans fear going to Burger King.

Beto can attack and sound mean, but it has to be on the policy and call out his opponents who lie about the Policy, and about his side.
    Cruz Lies about Democrats, Call him out on it.

Democrats need a Sarah and John Connor to teach them to fight Skynet.