Page 4 of 985 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Also a reminder, Steven Seagal raped and abused Kelly LeBrock while they were married.

Malvolio wins at number memes. He is CBR's Count von Count.
    Thank you. I will give credit where credit is due, though, and say that I first learned the magic of the number 3 from Schoolhouse Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Antifa has been around for something like 30 years now, but somehow it always comes back to their defining moment one day in Berkeley.......
    Antifa draws from both America in 1920's and 30's, when militant leftists clashed with pro-Nazi groups in America, like Friends of New Germany, and the Antifaschistische Aktion formed in Weimar, Germany in 1932. Antifa has no central organization because it literally is NOT an organizarion, it is an ideal that became a label in 2017. There is also literally no central doctrine, either, other than "fight fascism." Anyone can be a part of antifa. Some are more prone to confrontation and throwing punches. These are who prople like Ouro think make up the entire 'membership' of the nasty thug gang he imagines is called antifa.

However, many of those affiliated with antifa work protectively, and are more likely to draw fire from cops to protect other demonstrators. These are the guys who light fires in garbage cans, break windows of businesses, toss water bottles and dollar store smoke bombs. They cause minor property damage (covered by insurance), catcall, and otherwise force cops to focus on them, so that others with more to lose from police harrassment can get away from the event and go about their lives. There are others who operate as field medics, dressing wounds and providing relief from pepper spray, smoke bombs, flashbangs, and the like. I have seen them tend to not just black clad 'gang members', but to anyone wounded, even people they were facing off with moments before.

But those guys in Berkeley, who turned out to hear pro-fascist propagandists speak their propaganda, man...they were just innocent people who did nothing but show up to support people who support fascism in America...innocents, I tell ya!
    Last edited by zinderel; 08-05-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Just in case you thought "F*** Your Feelings" was the low point for political T-shirts....

Attachment 69075

To which I say - "Move there." to anyone with this sentiment.
    Weren't these the guys who used to say, "America, love it or leave it!"? I guess they only meant certain parts of America.

Oh, and as for the "peaceful protesters" who stand by fascists... well, if you go to a rally because you're tired of regulations that make things tougher for your non-existent small business, but when you get to the rally, you find that the people in front are waving swastikas, and you don't immediately say, "Hey, let's get out of here before anyone starts to think we're just like those guys waving swastikas," you shouldn't be surprised or call foul when the rest of us assume that you're a Nazi sympathizer. You don't want to be associated with fascists? DON'T ASSOCIATE WITH FASCISTS!

Speaking of, I read an article that the attempted Proud Boy riot/protest in Portland was barely 100 idiots strong, mostly because they were foiled by local businesses who worked out deals with tow truck companies to tow and Neo-Nazis trying to roll in for it if they parked on their parking lots to go be domestic terrorists all afternoon. What few Proud Boys that were still there had to shuttle themselves in by a few pickup trucks and vans, and most turned back.

Antifa didn't have to beat the s*** out of them today. Common decency and the law did.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Hey, Trump finally mentioned the California fires... to take cheap political shots and use bad science.

California wildfires are being magnified & made so much worse by the bad environmental laws which aren’t allowing massive amount of readily available water to be properly utilized. It is being diverted into the Pacific Ocean. Must also tree clear to stop fire spreading!
    No thoughts or words to the victims, deceased, or firefighters. Just pure cheapness and no humanity.

WBE, I pray for you when you do your updated profile.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

So, on YouTube right now, you get these ads requesting you survey for Trump about media accountability. I decided to look at it for the hell of it, and it's the typical "How mean has the mainstream media been to Trump" questions, including one that's "Has Trump's willingness to invite lesser-known people to press conferences been a good thing?"

I submitted a reply to them at SuckMyBalls@FuckYou.com

...yeah, I'm tired. But **** Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Hey, Trump finally mentioned the California fires... to take cheap political shots and use bad science.

No thoughts or words to the victims, deceased, or firefighters. Just pure cheapness and no humanity.

WBE, I pray for you when you do your updated profile.
    I have begun the Trump update. I'm through last year from August 2017, through Thanksgiving 2017. So far I have had to relive (some of it)...

• Charlottesville, and the s***ty "both sides" argument.
    • Trump calls counter-protesters who run off an attempted White Nationalist rally in Boston as "anti-police".
    • Trump stares into a solar eclipse.
    • Trump pardons Joe Arpaio.
    • Trump complains that "ratings weren't higher" when the media focuses more on Hurricane Harvey than his pardon of Arpaio.
    • Trump signs an executive order that sabotages insurance premium prices, tries to blame it on Democrats.
    • Trump ends DACA, refuses any compromise on proposed immigration reform that moderate Republicans might have. Blames the crisis that ensues on Democrats while lying and assuring Dreamers all of the things that are happening in 2018 won't happen on Twitter.
    • Trump feuds with fellow Republicans Paul Ryan, Jeff Flake, and Bob Corker, referring to the latter as "Liddle Bob Corker", and rubbing it in when Flake and Corker announce they aren't running for re-election.
    • After ten months, providing the solution of "an ad campaign" similar to Just Say No to stop the opioid crisis, then making no ads while 142 Americans continue to die a day.
    • After 4 Green Berets die in an ambush in Niger, Trump calls one of the widows and tells her that her husband (who he cannot remember the name of) "knew what he signed up for". When a Congresswoman, Frederica Wilson, close to the widow reports this, Trump calls her a liar, and has John Kelly spread lies about her. When, after the funeral, the widow confirms that Congresswoman's story, Trump calls the Gold Star Widow a liar.
    • Trump continuously calls for the firing of ESPN anchor Jemele Hill for calling him a white supremacist.
    • Trump repeatedly calls for the firing of NFL players who protest during the national anthem.
    • Trump calls North Korean leader Kim Jong Un "Rocket Man" and "short and fat" at different times during tensions involving nuclear powers.
    • Steve Bannon, Tom Price, Sam Clovis, and Tom Marino are all forced to resign, or withdraw nominations from Trump's Cabinet.
    • Rex Tillerson calls Trump a "f***ing moron" and Trump challenges him to an IQ test.
    • Hurricane Maria hits. Trump's response is awful, including calling the mayor of San Juan "nasty" for wanting more help to be given, forgetting to waive the Jones Act as was done during Hurricane Harvey and Hurricane Irma, and then the "paper towel toss".
    • Trump failing on responses to gun control after mass shootings like Las Vegas, Sutherland Springs (blamed it on "mental health problems" and claimed gun control would have put the death toll "in the hundreds"), and Ranch Tehama, where he accidentally posted another faux-sympathy post to Sutherland Springs on Twitter that he had to delete.
    • Takes credit for getting UCLA players busted for shoplifting released from jail in China, then after one of their fathers points out correctly that Trump did nothing... Trump calls them "ungrateful".
    • Trump tries exploiting the death of a border patrol agent to get his border wall built, neglecting to mention his death in the line of duty is from injuries incurred when he fell down a ditch in the dark.
    • Tells children of members of the media at the White House to trick-or-treat that it's good that they "don't have weight problems" and says he "can't believe the media produced such beautiful children".
    • Freaks out when Paul Manafort is indicted, ranting on Twitter and writing, "DO SOMETHING!"
    • At a conference in Vietnam, asks Vladimir Putin if he meddled in U.S. elections, and believes Putin over his own intelligence community.
    • On the anniversary of the 2016 election, thanks "DEPLORABLES" on Twitter in a photo where he gives a thumbs up with White House staffers like Stephen Miller.
    • While threatening a trade war with China, drinks from a water bottle with two hands like a baby, after having mocked Marco Rubio previously for grabbing water mid-speech.

That's not even all of days 201-300 of his presidency.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Twitter Explodes Over Donald Trump’s ‘Disgusting’ Attack On LeBron James

“LeBron puts children through school. Trump puts children in cages.” And here's an unexpected defender of LeBron....

Melania Trump Comes To LeBron James’ Defense After President Insulted Him

President Donald Trump insulted the NBA star’s intelligence in a late-night tweet. Well now, damn sure didn't see that coming from FFLOTUS (Fake First Lady Of The United States).

This insult of LeBron James and Don Lemon is proof that Trump is racist but is too stupid to realize he's showing it. As you mention, he insulted the intelligence of both of them, which is pretty rich coming from Trump. The guy that claims you need to show I.D. to buy groceries. And who else has he always insulted this way? Rep. Maxine Waters. Anytime he mentions her he prefaces her name with "low IQ"

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I have begun the Trump update. I'm through last year from August 2017, through Thanksgiving 2017. So far I have had to relive (some of it)...
    WBE, are you familiar with Amy Siskind's 'the list'?

Might spare you some effort.

In 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of the U.S. House Representative from Alaska’s “At Large” Congressional District, Don Young whose photo above, we still assure you is not doctored in any way (he’s protesting the Obama adminstration calling for harnessing energy from wind turbines). Don Young is a twenty-two term Congressman, and we’ll save you the trouble of doing the math… he’s held office since 1973, meaning he was around during Watergate, and was actually congratulated on being elected to office at the White House by Richard Nixon. Our first take on Rep. Young address his protestations of the use of green technologies to harness wind power (yes, he put that hat on willingly). This is a man who has blurted out words like “buttf***ing” in front of school children while paying them a visit (to say nothing of when he uses racial slurs like "wetback" and then defends it), and he remains, to this day, the only member of Congress to have ever brandished a walrus penis bone on the floor of the House or Senate (that’s not a metaphor, he swung an oosik at the head of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services) and. Young also assaulted a Congressional aide informed him he was trying to access a door where admittance was not allowed, and Young grabbed him by the wrist and twisted until he was allowed to pass... while on camera. He once took to the floor of the House when and complained about how gray wolves are a protected species, and then threw out the idea that the wolves should be turned loose on America's homeless population as a way to reduce their number. In our second look at Don Young in 2015, we had to talk about how yet again he embarrassed himself while visiting a public school, where during a 45 minute question and answer session, when he as asked about what could be done to reduce suicide rates, he gave an answer that blamed it on the family and friends of the victims. In our 2016 update, we noted that Don Young had another brilliant idea while talking about the potential legalization of marijuana... instead we could lower the number of people being incarcerated for marijuana by suggesting capitol punishment should be applied to all drug dealers. (That’s… a lot of executions, at least 90,000 in federal prison alone).

Don Young is still one of the worst Congressman when it comes to the environment, throwing a tantrum and arguing that not building a road through the middle of the Arctic Wildlife Refuge was “killing people, which not only makes zero sense, but then again, it’s against the advice of the Dept. of U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services, his old nemesis (at least he didn’t wield a walrus dong at them this time). In February of 2018, he made the bizarre and insensitive remark that

Don Young is, by this point, voted into office in Alaska just because he’s been there so long, that it’s all the state knows. However, it’s not like he wrecks the competition, as he only barely cracked the 50% mark in the 2016 elections, underperforming the +12 lean that his district is supposed to have, by far. He could feasibly see even less than that amount in the 2018 elections, especially given some of the votes he’s made in this session of Congress:

• February 16th, 2017: Young sponsors and votes for HJR 69, to make it legal for hunters on wildlife reserves to kill several species of hibernating bears or wolves while they’re sleeping. Because… Don Young just f***ing hates animals.
    • March 16th, 2017: Don Young votes for HR 1181, which would allow veterans deemed mentally incompetent to continue to own firearms, and not have them taken away without a judge's written order. We feel safer already.
    • March 28th, 2017: Rep. Young votes for SJ Res 34, which allowed internet providers to sell the data information of their customers' internet usage to businesses. Well, so much for privacy.
    • May 4th, 2017: Young votes for the House GOP's healthcare plan, that would kick roughly 24 million people off their health insurance plans, allow up to 28,000 more people to die a year, give $50,000 in tax breaks to millionaires, and would eliminate coverage for pre-existing conditions which would include such medical conditions as pregnancy (current or past), postpartum depression, or prior sexual assault. Oh, and a provision in the bill would make sure that Young would be allowed to keep his healthcare plan as it exists under the ACA, which would be repealed for the rest of the country. He and his Republican compatriots threw themselves a beer bash to celebrate taking away healthcare from millions and then gloated about it with Donald Trump at a White House press conference, as well.
    • June 8th, 2017: Don Young votes for HR 10, the GOP’s attempt to repeal Dodd-Frank financial reform, because what the country really needs is to allow the big banks to make the same mistakes that imploded the economy only a decade earlier.
    • October 3rd, 2017: Young votes for HR 36, the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act, that would try to create an unconstitutional ban abortion at 20 weeks (even though medical science tells us fetuses do not have the capability to feel pain until 29 weeks).
    • December 19th, 2017: Don Young votes for HR 1, the GOP’s $1.7 trillion tax cut to benefit the wealthiest Americans and corporations permanently that coincidentally also removes the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate and kicks 13 million people off their health insurance.

As a result of Don Young reversing his supposed position on the House GOP’s attempt at repealing the Affordable Care Act because it would cause health insurance premiums to skyrocket, he reversed course and voted for it anyway. This did not go unnoticed back in Alaska, where a protest was staged outside his office in Anchorage. Whether or not that brings an end to what will be, at the time, a 44 year Congressional career for a 85-year-old or not in 2018… well, stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    WBE, are you familiar with Amy Siskind's 'the list'?

Might spare you some effort.
    I've been getting by pretty well with Jezebel.com's "Barf Bag" and theweek.com's daily 10 news stories to know about.

I'll give that a look, though. Anything to speed this along and make me less nauseous about current events.

This forum still loves its double posts of late.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 08-06-2018 at 01:18 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post

I'm surprised Trump mentioned the wildfires at all since he lost California to Hillary, and he NEVER forgets slights, be they real or imagined.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This insult of LeBron James and Don Lemon is proof that Trump is racist but is too stupid to realize he's showing it. As you mention, he insulted the intelligence of both of them, which is pretty rich coming from Trump. The guy that claims you need to show I.D. to buy groceries. And who else has he always insulted this way? Rep. Maxine Waters. Anytime he mentions her he prefaces her name with "low IQ"
    It's no coincidence Trump equates race with intelligence, as if black people can't be crazy smart. I'd love for him to call Neil deGrasse Tyson or Hakeem Oluseyi (Outrageous Acts of Science) stupid. But then, if you dare to criticize Trump, you're automatically deemed stupid, no matter what race you are.

====================

Trump Finally Admits His Campaign Colluded With Russia At Trump Tower Meeting

The latest version of the 2016 meeting with a Kremlin-linked lawyer basically undercuts numerous Trump claims. Makes me wonder what TODAY'S version will be like. Meanwhile....

Trump Attorney: ‘Bad Information’ To Blame For His False Trump Tower Meeting Statement

“That happens when you have cases like this,” said Jay Sekulow. No ****, Sherlock.

C-SPAN Caller Threatens ‘To Shoot’ CNN Hosts Brian Stelter And Don Lemon

“They started the war. If I see ’em, I’m going to shoot ’em.” This is what Trump's senseless conflict with the media has wrought.

Apple Removes Alex Jones and Infowars Podcasts From iTunes

“Apple does not tolerate hate speech,” the company says. What took them so long? Rhetorical question, I already know why.

Trump’s New Obamacare Sabotage Could Really Stick It To Consumers

State officials explain why new rules for “short term” insurance are so dangerous. Remember, folks, Trump and the GOP hasn't forgotten their crusade to kill Obamacare.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

When Trump attacked LeBron James, it had an unintended effect: other athletes speaking out

Last week, President Trump took on LeBron James, questioning the intelligence of the Los Angeles Lakers’ star and aiming a dart at him over comparisons to Michael Jordan. Trump’s comment came days after James’s I Promise school opened in Akron, a collaboration between the public schools in his hometown and his charitable foundation.

But here’s the thing about the president’s hot take: It’s too late if his hope is to quash athletes’ commentary and accomplish anything other than resonating with his base.

When it comes to political and social activism, athletes of all colors and genders are finding their voice and refusing to remain silent, whether in vocal, physical or social media demonstrations. The activism may not please the president or owners like the Dallas Cowboys’ Jerry Jones, but it is cascading. Just look at what happened Saturday, after Trump’s tweet about James gained loft.
    Time and again, athletes have sent a message about the deaths of young men across the country. Whether in Minneapolis, Baltimore, Cleveland, Ferguson or elsewhere, players spoke up in some fashion and on Saturday night Randy Moss brought that message to the NFL Network for which he now works. The occasion was induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame and he wore a powerful necktie that bore the names of young men lost. He explained his reason, using a quote that has been used variously by politicians and authors for years and attributing it to Spider-Man’s Uncle Ben.

“With great powers come great responsibility,” Moss said on ESPN. “You asked me about my tie. We all know what’s going on. You see the names on my tie. Being able to use a big platform like this at the Hall of Fame — what I wanted to express with my tie is to let these families [of the young men] know that they’re not alone.
    Even Jordan, who has seemingly preferred to accept criticism rather than speaking up, has gotten more involved. The Hall of Famer, billionaire behind Nike’s Jordan Brand and owner of the Charlotte Hornets spoke up when Sterling was forced out and again in the summer of 2016, when he condemned the killing of African Americans by police. Last year, with NFL players, coaches and owners choosing to make a statement during national anthems across the country, and the NBA in the spotlight because of Trump’s “uninvitation” of the Golden State Warriors to the White House, Jordan added his voice.

“One of the fundamental rights this country is founded on was freedom of speech, and we have a long tradition of nonviolent, peaceful protest. Those who exercise the right to peacefully express themselves should not be demonized or ostracized,” he said in a statement two years ago. “At a time of increasing divisiveness and hate in this country, we should be looking for ways to work together and support each other and not create more division. I support Commissioner Adam Silver, the NBA, its players and all those who wish to exercise their right to free speech.”
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-06-2018 at 03:24 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!