Page 402 of 985 FirstFirst ... 302352392398399400401402403404405406412452502902 ... LastLast
Results 6,016 to 6,030 of 14769
    Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Democrats nationally got 9 million more votes for their Senate candidates than the Republican ones. The difference in % for the electorate by party?

+12% Democratic. The generic candidate polls seemed to have nailed it. But while in years past, +12% would have shown the House races to have given Democrats somewhere around 240 or 250 seats... the Republican gerrymander insulated them from the damage. The same gerrymander that Democrats are working to undo after the 2020 census if they can maintain House control.

I saw a video this week about gerrymandering and wondered how this is even legal? Democrats are f*****
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-08-2018 at 10:57 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Nope, not at all. If this moron gets even ONE more Justice, America WILL become a Theocracy based on the false pretenses of Christianity.
    In my opinion, it can get worse. Mark my words, the next move will be finding a way to repeal the 22nd Amendment which limits presidents to serving only two terms, and we'll be on our way to a full blown dictatorship. I've maintained from day one that Trump will NEVER be more powerful than he is right now, being Leader of the Free World is the ultimate ego trip for him, and there's no way he won't leave the Oval Office without a fight, not even if he loses next year's election. Anyone who thinks Trump doesn't have eyes on subverting, if not flat out killing the 22nd so he can permanently stay in office are kidding themselves.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The Democrats nationally got 9 million more votes for their Senate candidates than the Republican ones. The difference in % for the electorate by party?

+12% Democratic. The generic candidate polls seemed to have nailed it. But while in years past, +12% would have shown the House races to have given Democrats somewhere around 240 or 250 seats... the Republican gerrymander insulated them from the damage. The same gerrymander that Democrats are working to undo after the 2020 census if they can maintain House control.
    Gerrymandering is done at the State level, so the House has nothing to do with it. But the outcomes in WI and MI, PA as well as the ex-felon vote in Florida will help a long way to undo it.
    Without the voter suppression and other shenanigans in WI and MI under Walker and Snyder, Trump would not be President.
    Just like Kemp basically just stole Georgia.

Your stats about how the Dems would have done on a level playing field are spot on.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

In depressing news, Dr. Ford is still having trouble.

Christine Blasey Ford is still being harassed after leveling sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, her lawyers say.

"Justice Kavanaugh ascended to the Supreme Court, but the threats to Dr. Ford continue," said Ford's lawyers, Debra Katz, Lisa Banks and Michael Bromwich, in a statement to NPR.

Kavanaugh stridently denied the allegations about the assault and went on to win confirmation in the Senate. Ford is still working to get her life back on track, her lawyers say.

She has had to move four times, she wrote last month. She has had to pay for a private security detail. She hasn't been able to return to her job as a professor at Palo Alto University. A spokeswoman for the school did not respond to a question about whether there was a timeline for Ford to return.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Getting rid of gerrymandering would help a lot at fixing the voting process. But there's one thing that annoys me. And that's people calling racism "Trumpism". Cause he didn't create racism, and sexism. "Trumpism" is going to be here long after Trump leaves office. Especially as minorities gain a little bit more power and influence inch by inch. We're going to be fighting this battle for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Getting rid of gerrymandering would help a lot at fixing the voting process. But there's one thing that annoys me. And that's people calling racism "Trumpism". Cause he didn't create racism, and sexism. "Trumpism" is going to be here long after Trump leaves office. Especially as minorities gain a little bit more power and influence inch by inch. We're going to be fighting this battle for awhile.
    I don't think Trumpism is racism, it is a breed of politics using ignorance, lies, racism and fear for gain. It is also bullying and obfuscation.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    These damn women profiting off of accusing successful men of sexual assault!
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It could be said we've ALWAYS been fighting that battle, and it's only gotten tougher and harder now that the legions of closet racists, misogynists, xenophobes and homophobes got a taste of free and unfettered public expression of their ugliness under Trump's banner and will want more. Those deplorables will demand from the GOP that Trump's replacement be someone just as hideously intolerant as he is, if not moreso (Steve King perhaps?) forcing Republicans to search high and low for the next vulgarian to lead the party after Trump leaves office (or is forced out), lest they lose that virulent base. I seriously doubt Republicans will ever be able to have a moderate lead the party after Trump, only an outright madman will satisfy the right wing mob.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-08-2018 at 12:24 PM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

As for myself, I have never seen any specific reference as to what Trumpism refers to but to me it includes assuming your narrow view of the world is true with a good portion of narcisissm along with the racism and sexism you mention. Also, he's an overgrown spoiled brat of a man.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 11-08-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Kemp has resigned as Secretary of State. The fix is already in so I'm not sure even if Abrams forces a recount that it would matter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I was just telling you what things looked like to Texas democrats to inform your opinion. In other words: Something that looks like a flaw to one person doesn't necessarily mean it is one to others.

Does something even as mild as that classify as 'salt' now?
    it wasn't directed towards you. You got your point across pretty well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    Yeah. He's a guy that has consistently voted against letting the CDC actually do research on gun violence in the United States, joining with Republicans on those issues. That's awesome.
    Before you make claims please post your evidence, and his current stances. I'd like people here to start doing that before making claims.
    OTHERWISE, it's hard to take things seriously when you say things with no evidence.
    Also, if you tell me to Google it, then your words are meaningless, as it is always on the person making the claim to provide the evidence.

I worked with the campaign, and did my research, so if you know something I don't that would be awesome with your evidence.

Yeah. He's a guy that has consistently voted against letting the CDC actually do research on gun violence in the United States, joining with Republicans on those issues. That's awesome.
    That was two decades ago as a Congressman, he now favors funding gun violence studies.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...0TN06O20151204

BANNED

Since I know where to look I'll help you out.

Sanders, Senate Democrats Call to End the Ban on CDC Gun Violence Research
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016

WASHINGTON, March 23 – Sen. Bernie Sanders and 16 senators urged Senate appropriators in a letter this week to dedicate funds for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct research into the causes and prevention of gun violence in the United States.

Previously on the old man with bad hair...
    http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/...un_Control.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    As for myself, I never seen any specific reference as to what Trumpism refers to but to me it includes assuming your narrow view of the world is true with a good portion of narcisissm along with the racism and sexism you mention. Also, he's an overgrown spoiled brat of a man.
    I agree with this. While Trumpism is racism, racism isn't always Trumpism.