Page 438 of 985 FirstFirst ... 338388428434435436437438439440441442448488538938 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Correction. They won despite her.

Also, there will NEVER be a "Safe" time to change hands. That is a fantasy that we can't afford.
    Sometimes change sucks and is hard.
    I just want to give a witness.

If you actually have yourself convinced that Lauren Underwood won because of Nancy Pelosi, you need to take a second look.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Mitch McConnell: Will Dems Work With Us or Simply Put Partisan Politics Ahead of the Country

McYertle is already starting in. "If those darn partisan Democrats don't give us what we want at every turn, then we'll do what we always do - hold the government hostage!" Mister Partisan Politics himself is now baldfaced threatening incoming Democrats. This ****ing guy...

And right wing nut jobs will eat it up because a guy who reminds them of Morla the Ancient One said it was so.
    Fuck that Turtle.

ANY Journalist who takes McConnell or ANY Republican at face value as "Honest" actors is absolutely nuts. Yet Sadly the "Liberal" media will cry Both sides if Democrats don't bow their head in the face of #civility.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I just want to give a witness.

If you actually have yourself convinced that Lauren Underwood won because of Nancy Pelosi, you need to take a second look.
    She's a Justice Democrat. Those women are TRUE Grass Roots, not those big dollar takers. That scares the Schumers and Pelosi' of the world.

I see where you stand with Progressives all the time. So your response is expected lol. You must be crazy to think Nacny wasn't fuming lol.

Or maybe like how she showed her face when AOC won, was how she felt with AOC's "Showboating" to get shit done. You guys kill me.

Schumer needs to get the F on... He's WORSE than Pelosi to me. OHHH!!! Shocker! His stance on BDS, and the Israeli/Palestine issue and his inability to actually fight is highly annoying. You can take Steny Hoyer with you.

Tami, let me ask you a serious Question. You too Paul and Tenrdin. WBE to a lesser extent.
    Why do you guys think we despise the Democrats we despise because of Republican propaganda and not our own eyes or research. Why do you want us voting if you think we vote based on Conservative lies?
    Do you guys really think we are that dumb to not realize when we are exposed to Democratic Propaganda or Republican Propaganda?

I'm really curious.

Thank you.

I complain about Schumer all the time. He's Worse than Pelosi to me. But under Pelosi and Schumer, regardless of how much money they raised, Dems got STOMPED the last few years.
    It's not about her having a vagina or him a penis. But you can't focus my disgust with Pelosi (Who I used to respect as a Progressive) on her being a woman, when I support women candidates all the time.

I'm just sick of Establishment, and Corporate Democrats who act like Wussies. They are so scared of their shadows it's crazy. They didn't win those victories last week. Many won despite the Pelosi and Schumers, and Hoyers.
    You mean that those who are against her in Congress are also following GOP Propaganda?

C'mon man. Give us some credit for being smarter than people think we are.
    The Republican Strategy? Fear and Lies

A Party Defined by Its Lies

Somewhere between 30 to 45% of America votes based on Republican lies. Not all of them are Republicans, as was made clear in 2016. Perhaps you are not one of them, but many are.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Taz, you actually don't know where I stand on things. I just don't believe Pelosi is 'fuming'. It's ridiculous.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Oh for crying out loud. Shut up Matt Bevin.

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin (R) has been forthright about what he believes are the root causes of mass shootings. A few months ago, he blamed gun violence on children’s access to smartphones, video games and psychotropic drugs.

Most recently, he blamed society’s obsession with a specific genre of violent entertainment.

“Seriously, what’s the most important topic that seems to be in every cable television network for example? Television shows are all about what? Zombies,” he said in an interview Tuesday with conservative Kentucky radio host Leland Conway.

Mass shootings point to deep cultural problems, Bevin said, particularly in a society that consumes daily doses of violence through the media. He acknowledged tying zombie shows to gun violence might be perceived as “trite and simplistic.” But, he argued, American culture is “inundated by the worst things that celebrate death,” including the forms of entertainment young people consume.

“These are drips, drips, drips on the stones of the psyches of young generations that are growing up in a society that increasingly said this is normal and okay,” he said. “And eventually, some of those young minds are not going to be able to handle it.”

Bevin talked about what he believes causes mass shootings during a portion of the interview about the future of gun rights with Democrats controlling the House. Democrats, some of whom ran on a promise to push for gun control, are taking over the House on the heels of another mass shooting in which 12 people were killed inside a California bar. Some who escaped the rampage are survivors of an earlier mass shooting that killed 58 people at a country music festival in Las Vegas last year.

Last month, a gunman stormed inside a synagogue in Pittsburgh and killed 11 congregants — the deadliest attack on Jews in the history of the country.

Bevin did not mention these recent shootings during the interview, though he said there have been incidents in Kentucky.

“We’ve had things that are fueled by both people that are insane, people that are hateful and people that are just bent on wreaking havoc and perpetuating evil,” he said.

Last June, Bevin participated in a roundtable discussion about gun violence, the root cause of which, he said, are the ways society poisons the minds of children.

He said violent television shows and video games have desensitized young people, and their access to cellphones have made them prone to self-harm and depression. Young people, he said, are then medicated with psychotropic, mind-altering drugs.

“And then we’re shocked, for reasons that are beyond me, that children act out this way. And yes, it’s only a few. But my gracious, it only takes a few,” he said.

The roundtable was convened by a school safety commission President Trump created in the wake of a school shooting in which 17 people were killed in Parkland, Fla., early this year.

These women wore hoodies at mall where black men were kicked out to prove point about racial profiling

In a viral social media post, a group of white women challenged a Tennessee mall's unwritten policy against hoodies and accused the facility of racial profiling. The social experiment comes after a video from a local former journalist showed mall security stopping four young black men wearing hoodies, and placing one of them in handcuffs, at Wolfchase Galleria in Cordova earlier this month.

Along with three of her friends, Shannon Arthur set out Saturday to prove a point about the incident, according to her Facebook post. By walking around the mall with their hoodies on and off, the women wanted to show how they were treated differently than people of color.

"If a security guard spotted us with our hoods up, they very politely asked us to take them down," Arthur wrote. "One guard said it was because they need to be able to identify everybody's faces. So we said, 'Sure,' took them down, walked on, and put the hoods back up a bit later. Repeat. No threats. Point made."

She concluded there's no doubt her group was given a "pass" compared to the men in the Nov. 4 encounter with mall security for wearing hoodies.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Tami, let me ask you a serious Question. You too Paul and Tenrdin. WBE to a lesser extent.
    Why do you guys think we despise the Democrats we despise because of Republican propaganda and not our own eyes or research. Why do you want us voting if you think we vote based on Conservative lies?
    Do you guys really think we are that dumb to not realize when we are exposed to Democratic Propaganda or Republican Propaganda?
    I don't believe I'm speaking to a "we". You seem to be one liberal person with some very terrible ideas about what is best for the Democratic Party, but one of the only people I still see hung up on Bernie Sanders. Like obsessively aligning oneself to a person who isn't actually a Democrat, and managed to go from being the old man with boundless energy running through airports at full tilt to campaign in the primary to a guy who couldn't be arsed to get in front of a camera to speak ill of the Republican nominee in the fall of 2016.

It's not a question of "dumb", it's fiercely loyal to one flawed old man to a fault to the extent that you reflexively have attacked any and all other Democrats' credibility as progressives for the crime of not being that one guy. But I literally told Bernie supporters to not share articles from specific websites in 2016 for concerns they were from Russian propaganda sites only to be shouted down, and later proven right about where the links came from.

Not that they'll ever admit to disseminating Russian propaganda like gullible twits.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Democrats just won big in the 2018 mid-terms. Democrats tend to do even better in presidential elections than in mid-term elections. See how they went from a Blue Wave in '06 to record turnout for Obama in '08. So if the '18 Blue Wave went this well, how are things going to look in 2020 for the GOP?

Not good. The new Congress is still seven weeks away from being sworn in, and two of the GOP's caucus are announcing that this term will be their last, and they're not running for re-election in 2020. Walter "Freedom Fries" Jones of North Carolina is calling it a career, and Utah Congressman Rob Bishop, most famous for trying to recently move to eliminate the Endangered Species Act are both shuffling out of D.C.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Taz, you actually don't know where I stand on things. I just don't believe Pelosi is 'fuming'. It's ridiculous.
    You post daily. I don't know where you stand with Progressives?
    Maybe some of you other Politics. But on this board it's kinda clear no?

BANNED

Great post. It's sad that I as a Black Man will say the same thing and people will think I'm complaining. A white person does it, and it's not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Why is Bevin still even a thing? Man he will not go away.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I don't believe I'm speaking to a "we". You seem to be one liberal person with some very terrible ideas about what is best for the Democratic Party, but one of the only people I still see hung up on Bernie Sanders. Like obsessively aligning oneself to a person who isn't actually a Democrat, and managed to go from being the old man with boundless energy running through airports at full tilt to campaign in the primary to a guy who couldn't be arsed to get in front of a camera to speak ill of the Republican nominee in the fall of 2016.

It's not a question of "dumb", it's fiercely loyal to one flawed old man to a fault to the extent that you reflexively have attacked any and all other Democrats' credibility as progressives for the crime of not being that one guy. But I literally told Bernie supporters to not share articles from specific websites in 2016 for concerns they were from Russian propaganda sites only to be shouted down, and later proven right about where the links came from.

Not that they'll ever admit to disseminating Russian propaganda like gullible twits.
    Dude. WOW!
    Okay I see some anger there. But okay.
    YES I support Sanders. Always will till he dies or does something dumb.
    You want to stick with the old guard have it man.

I want new blood as long as they have good PROGRESSIVE ideas about the future. Whatever you think is terrible about Medicare for all, Free college, etc. Have at it man.
    It's not hung up on Sanders. He and others like AOC, Rho Khana, etc. Have better Ideas and are actual fighters.

You post things about Conservatives all the time. Be honest and post something negative JUST ONCE about the old guard, outside of Sanders, since you dislike him anyway.
    I want Nancy and chuckie boy to Stand up for Palestinians, that's a bad idea?
    I want nancy and Hoyer and chuckie boy to actually stan dup to republicans and stop worrying about big money donors. I want the Clintons gone! That's a bad idea for Democrats?
    I want Dems to stop being Republican lite. Literally the ONLY Blue dog to win outside of Feinstein is manchin.
    I want Dems to stop thinking the only way to win races is to ignore their base.
    I want Democrats on TV More fighting for us and not being afraid to call out journalists for Bothsiderism.
    I want Democrats to push back against republican lies forcefully and fight them with policy.
    I want democrats to have a damn message and get us all on board.

What are YOUR big ideas to fix the party?
    Since my ideas are so horrible and terrible.

So loyalty to the Clintons and Pelosi and Schumer is good?
    Bernie is flawed, we all are.
    Yes I will ALWAYS go after Democrats and Sanders and anyother person who claims our side, yet shits on the base voters they need.
    I do question peoples "progressive" record not because of Sanders, but despite him. He set a standard that others in the party are now following, and we are getting more ACTUAL Progressives in office with groups of less than two years old.
    Do I question Pelosi's love for her country? No, just her methods.
    Schumer probably loves America. I question his methods.
    Manchin is an Opportunist, he's no true Democrat.
    McCaskill ran like this was 1980.
    The world is changing and these people need to change with it.

Bernie Sanders, the most popular politician in the country, even he needs to adapt to a changing landscape.
    He's gotten better on MANy issues, from Guns, to social justice for minorities, to womens issues, etc.
    Corey Booker, Khamal Harris, Rho khana, AOC, Abrams, Gillum, etc. All have or adopted the platform, not of Pelosi, but the future.

So if you want to get at me for Sanders, get at them also.

If you want a younger Candidate for POTUS. Beto or Gillum or Harris are perfect.
    Warren still gets my vote if she ran.
    Clinton would get my vote if she ran, because she's learned to adapt and moved left because of people like Bernie and Black Lives Matter.

Again, this is not the 80's and early 90's like so many Democrats run like it is.
    Some people will never see fault in a VASTLY more flawed person like Clinton. That's on them. She would never ever be my first choice. But if she won, she gets my vote.
    I'll have ot deal with her Incrementalism.
    But people today don't have time for 80's-90's style incrementalism. It's literal life or death thanks to the Conservatives, and yes Weak ass Democrats.

My loyalty isn't to an 11ty billion year old white guy, it's to the American people. I just think his ideas are better than Clintons.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Democrats just won big in the 2018 mid-terms. Democrats tend to do even better in presidential elections than in mid-term elections. See how they went from a Blue Wave in '06 to record turnout for Obama in '08. So if the '18 Blue Wave went this well, how are things going to look in 2020 for the GOP?

Not good. The new Congress is still seven weeks away from being sworn in, and two of the GOP's caucus are announcing that this term will be their last, and they're not running for re-election in 2020. Walter "Freedom Fries" Jones of North Carolina is calling it a career, and Utah Congressman Rob Bishop, most famous for trying to recently move to eliminate the Endangered Species Act are both shuffling out of D.C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Only in the House of Representatives. They failed to capture the Senate that will deny President Trump's appointments of judges, attorneys and cabinet secretaries
    Never mind that they didn't do particularly well in the 2016 Presidential election.

While I think that they could do well, I don't know that recent results give you much that's solid to base predictions/forecasts on. Races that are so tight that they could easily have gone the other way no matter who wound up winning.

Clinton would get my vote if she ran, because she's learned to adapt and moved left because of people like Bernie and Black Lives Matter.
    Let's get real. They are probably the only reason she did.

Her response to a woman who wanted an apology for the whole "Superpredators..." line was "No one has ever mentioned that before."

Like she had to have someone explain that it was unacceptable in order for her to even consider if it was or not.

Interested to see where this whole "First Step Act" winds up going.