Page 439 of 985 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489539939 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,585 of 14769

Court ruled in favor of Abrams.

A shot ton of absentee, overseas, and military votes will be counted.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Sanders is already too old to become POTUS for a full term.

I think Michael Avenatti would have a better chance than Warren, Gillum or Harris
    Avenatti literally got Arrested today lol.

Stormy Daniels’ Attorney Michael Avenatti Arrested After Domestic Violence Allegations
    The lawyer, a vocal critic of President Donald Trump, was arrested in Los Angeles.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Avenatti literally got Arrested today lol.
    That was an interesting turn.

While he is saying "Setup!", it almost makes you wonder if he was trying so hard to frame himself as defender of women for a reason.

That said, his estranged wife does seem to have gone to bat for him.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-14-2018 at 10:13 PM.

You post daily. I don't know where you stand with Progressives?

Maybe some of you other Politics. But on this board it's kinda clear no?
    No. It's really not. Not supporting whatever AOC does on a given day doesn't mean I don't 'stand with progressives'. Believing getting rid of Pelosi is falling into a right-wing trap based on a cariacture of her is not 'not standing with progressives'. Tactical differences or thinking the Intercept-Left is frequently unhelpful doesn't mean I'm not 'progressive', or that Bernie is frequently awful at doing things that don't center white men is not refusing to 'stand with progressives'.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 11-14-2018 at 11:06 PM.

I still support Chuck Schumer because I live in NY, and he's done a lot of good for his constituents here. That said, I think it is long past time for both he and Pelosi to hand to the reins of leadership to younger blood. At the very least, they should be grooming their successors right now.

Matthew G. Whitaker, the acting attorney general of the United States, spent over a year on the advisory board of an “invention-promotion scam” firm that hawked Bigfoot paraphernalia, “masculine toilets,” and underwear with sophisticated marketing pitches like: "How are your balls feeling today?"

Whitaker’s unprecedented placement atop the Department of Justice has drawn outrage from legal experts on both sides of the aisle who argue his appointment is unconstitutional and threatens the independence of special counsel Robert Mueller, who he now technically oversees.
    Bigfoot again?!

“It’s never a good thing when a law enforcement officer was employed by a company that’s under federal criminal investigation — much less the nation’s chief law enforcement officer,” said Renato Mariotti, a former prosecutor turned white-collar defense attorney.
    https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/...nsane-products

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I still support Chuck Schumer because I live in NY, and he's done a lot of good for his constituents here. That said, I think it is long past time for both he and Pelosi to hand to the reins of leadership to younger blood. At the very least, they should be grooming their successors right now.
    I mean, I'm sure they are. While I think people routinely underestimate Pelosi, we'd be doing our younger blood no favors if we put them into positions to get savaged by as smooth and canny an operator as Mitch McConnel when it comes to things like budget reconciliation.

Dude. WOW!
    Okay I see some anger there.
    You're seeing things. That was a cold, dispassionate analysis. Please focus on the part where I don't believe you're "dumb", but maybe just placing your faith in the wrong place. But I'm not angry. In the folks I mentioned who were Berners sharing Russia Today and Gateway Pundit "news", I'm still not angry, just disappointed that they could be so easily played for rubes.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Matt Grossmann Retweeted Matt Fuller
    Of 13 current members on anti-Pelosi list, 10 are to the right of the Democratic caucus median & 11 are to the right of Pelosi. Copying Freedom Caucus tactics, but not a revolt from the left. Capitulating to a centrist minority of caucus would have implications for the session.
    Just pointing out who it is actually opposing Pelosi atm by and large.

On this date in 2014, 2015, 2016, as well as 2017, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of U.S. Senator Mike Rounds of South Dakota, who clearly has been taking hairstyle tips from Donald Trump on how to rock a comb over. Rounds, a former governor of South Dakota, once tried to outlaw all abortion in his state, and was turned back by the courts for it being a violation of Roe vs. Wade. He also insisted the Keystone Pipeline would create 40,000 new jobs in South Dakota alone, which was a gross exaggeration over four times the amount the company who would have owned the pipeline claimed there would be (It was more like 50, in reality). That’s not his only big lie, though, he actually has argued in favor of repealing Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform on the fallacy that the economy got WORSE after it was passed (the opposite is true). Sen. Rounds also was investigated for an immigration scandal, where he supposedly abused the EB5-Visa program to offer green cards to foreign investors if they would pony up $500,000 into beef packing plants in South Dakota. The visas were then not given, and the beef packing plant in question went bankrupt… and the money vanished with several of Rounds’ closest aides. After almost a year and a half, someone was finally charged with a crime in the EB5 Scandal. Regrettably, it was not Mike Rounds, but his associate Joop Bollen, who was charged with five felonies. On March 1st, 2016, Rounds commented on GOP Presidential Nominee Donald Trump, specifically, Trump’s reluctance to disavow the endorsement of David Duke, the former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, which Rounds took time to defend him for. Yeah, you got that right. On top of all the other horrible things about Mike Rounds, he also doesn't object to his party being linked with the Klan that much.

If the EB-5 scandal didn’t already make it plainly clear how comfortable Rounds is corruption, we have to point out that he also went out of his way in April of 2018 to defend former EPA Director Scott Pruitt, who was the subject of over a dozen investigations into corruption, saying that people calling for his resignation were “nitpicking. From where we’re sitting, those nits were the size of house cats, at least.

And not surprisingly, Sen. Rounds has been on board with every other terrible idea Donald Trump has managed to float through the Senate, including approving every member of Trump’s “Cabinet of Horrors”, voting for the attempt the Senate GOP made at the “skinny repeal” of the Affordable Care Act, and he also voted for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, frequently complaining about protestors in the Capitol who had more sense than Rounds, at least enough to know that you shouldn’t put a rapist on the bench, let alone on the highest court in the land, and claiming that the “FBI Investigation” the GOP made into accusations against Kavanaugh was adequate (in spite of the fact that they weren’t even asked to interview Kavanaugh’s friend Mark Judge, who was in the room when the assault happened.

Rounds’ seat in the Senate will be up in 2020, and he had better hope his opponents all forget about the corruption scandal he got caught up in right after he last took office (we doubt they’ll be mum about that).
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Death Toll Rises To 56 In Northern California Camp Fire, Deadliest In State History

The Butte County Sheriff says 130 people are still missing.

Journalist Mehdi Hasan Brilliantly Grills Trump Official On President’s Lies

Al Jazeera host wrote on Twitter, “Hey US media folks, here, I would argue immodestly, is how you interview a Trump supporter on Trump’s lies.” I watched portions of that interview and Mr. Hasan was brilliant.

President Trump Is Still Lying About Voter Fraud

Several studies, including a 5-year probe by the Justice Department, have shown voter fraud is not a widespread problem. Trump? Lying? Say it ain't so! Speaking of whoppers....

Donald Trump Thinks You Need ID To Buy Cereal

“If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID,” the president said. Funny, I don't recall having to show ID while at the supermarket this past Sunday.

Goodbye To Donald Trump’s Fake Election Day Tax Cut

Congressional Republicans had his back, even if nobody could say exactly what Trump was talking about. Talk about dopey shit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

All kinds of chaos unfolding in the UK this morning as the Brexit secretary resigns amongst many others, it's looking unlikely Teresa May's Brexit deal draft will be passed in parliment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-46200010
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 11-15-2018 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    All kinds of chaos unfolding in the UK this morning as the Brexit secretary resigns amongst many others, it's looking unlikely Teresa May's Brexit deal draft will be passed in parliment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-46200010
    I wonder how many in the UK are beginning the think this whole Brexit idea was a really, really bad idea?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Death Toll Rises To 56 In Northern California Camp Fire, Deadliest In State History

The Butte County Sheriff says 130 people are still missing.

Journalist Mehdi Hasan Brilliantly Grills Trump Official On President’s Lies

Al Jazeera host wrote on Twitter, “Hey US media folks, here, I would argue immodestly, is how you interview a Trump supporter on Trump’s lies.” I watched portions of that interview and Mr. Hasan was brilliant.

President Trump Is Still Lying About Voter Fraud

Several studies, including a 5-year probe by the Justice Department, have shown voter fraud is not a widespread problem. Trump? Lying? Say it ain't so! Speaking of whoppers....

Donald Trump Thinks You Need ID To Buy Cereal

“If you buy a box of cereal — you have a voter ID,” the president said. Funny, I don't recall having to show ID while at the supermarket this past Sunday.

Goodbye To Donald Trump’s Fake Election Day Tax Cut

Congressional Republicans had his back, even if nobody could say exactly what Trump was talking about. Talk about dopey shit.
    You only need to show ID when voting for your favorite 'Lucky Charm'.