Page 458 of 985 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558958 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 14769

Trump makes statement that he is siding with MSB, Saudis. In effect saying that it's okay to murder to Journalists.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump makes statement that he is siding with MSB, Saudis. In effect saying that it's okay to murder to Journalists.
    45 was already okay with, HELL, praising attacking the media physically.

Not much of a stretch IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Is anyone really surprised by Trumps lack of response? He's never given the impression that he'd ever put ethics and morality ahead of business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So first Jared and now Ivanka? What a ****-show.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Trump pardoning Turkeys, and he actually made joke. Will wonders never cease.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Here's Trump's full statement, and it's as reprehensible as people who aren't Republicans, right wingers, conservatives, Faux News talking heads and Trump asskissers believe it to be:

The world is a very dangerous place!

The country of Iran, as an example, is responsible for a bloody proxy war against Saudi Arabia in Yemen, trying to destabilize Iraq’s fragile attempt at democracy, supporting the terror group Hezbollah in Lebanon, propping up dictator Bashar Assad in Syria (who has killed millions of his own citizens), and much more. Likewise, the Iranians have killed many Americans and other innocent people throughout the Middle East. Iran states openly, and with great force, “Death to America!” and “Death to Israel!” Iran is considered “the world’s leading sponsor of terror.”

On the other hand, Saudi Arabia would gladly withdraw from Yemen if the Iranians would agree to leave. They would immediately provide desperately needed humanitarian assistance. Additionally, Saudi Arabia has agreed to spend billions of dollars in leading the fight against Radical Islamic Terrorism.

After my heavily negotiated trip to Saudi Arabia last year, the Kingdom agreed to spend and invest $450 billion in the United States. This is a record amount of money. It will create hundreds of thousands of jobs, tremendous economic development, and much additional wealth for the United States. Of the $450 billion, $110 billion will be spent on the purchase of military equipment from Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and many other great U.S. defense contractors. If we foolishly cancel these contracts, Russia and China would be the enormous beneficiaries – and very happy to acquire all of this newfound business. It would be a wonderful gift to them directly from the United States!

The crime against Jamal Khashoggi was a terrible one, and one that our country does not condone. Indeed, we have taken strong action against those already known to have participated in the murder. After great independent research, we now know many details of this horrible crime. We have already sanctioned 17 Saudis known to have been involved in the murder of Mr. Khashoggi, and the disposal of his body.

Representatives of Saudi Arabia say that Jamal Khashoggi was an “enemy of the state” and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, but my decision is in no way based on that – this is an unacceptable and horrible crime. King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman vigorously deny any knowledge of the planning or execution of the murder of Mr. Khashoggi. Our intelligence agencies continue to assess all information, but it could very well be that the Crown Prince had knowledge of this tragic event – maybe he did and maybe he didn’t!

That being said, we may never know all of the facts surrounding the murder of Mr. Jamal Khashoggi. In any case, our relationship is with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. They have been a great ally in our very important fight against Iran. The United States intends to remain a steadfast partner of Saudi Arabia to ensure the interests of our country, Israel and all other partners in the region. It is our paramount goal to fully eliminate the threat of terrorism throughout the world!

I understand there are members of Congress who, for political or other reasons, would like to go in a different direction – and they are free to do so. I will consider whatever ideas are presented to me, but only if they are consistent with the absolute security and safety of America. After the United States, Saudi Arabia is the largest oil producing nation in the world. They have worked closely with us and have been very responsive to my requests to keeping oil prices at reasonable levels – so important for the world. As President of the United States I intend to ensure that, in a very dangerous world, America is pursuing its national interests and vigorously contesting countries that wish to do us harm. Very simply it is called America First!
    Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

By the way, speaking of Saudi Arabia:

Saudi school textbooks teach teens hatred, violence, anti-Semitism

Textbooks for high school students in Saudi Arabia promote hatred against Jews, Christians, women, homosexual men and other Muslim sects despite repeated promises to return the country to a more moderate form of Islam, according to a report released Tuesday.

The Anti-Defamation League highlighted that some include anti-Semitic stereotypes.

Among the goals of Zionism is a “global Jewish government to control the entire world," one excerpt states.

Another example cited reads: “The hour will not come until Muslims fight the Jews, so that the Muslims kill them, until the Jew hides behind rock and tree, so the rock or the tree says: ‘Oh Muslim, oh servant of God, this Jew is behind me, so kill him.’”

A third passage suggests that “beating [women] is permitted when necessary.”
    And we're giving weapons to people teaching THAT garbage in schools? And we're giving weapons to a country which birthed 15 of the 19 madmen responsible for the 9/11 attacks? WHAT THE UNHOLY ****?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    By the way, speaking of Saudi Arabia:

Saudi school textbooks teach teens hatred, violence, anti-Semitism

And we're giving weapons to people teaching THAT garbage in schools? And we're giving weapons to a country which birthed 15 of the 19 madmen responsible for the 9/11 attacks? WHAT THE UNHOLY ****?
    But Trump has 450 Billion reasons why we should overlook all of that.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Second day of massive stock market slides.
    DJI is now 400 points lower than it was at the start of this year.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I hope to never have a loved one meet such a ghastly, horrifying fate. Sometimes Arabic society and morality is beyond my understanding. I'll just leave it at that.

More companies should do this.

I like how Ivanka claims to not know this was a Bozo no-no. Was she on Mars during her father's campaign? Or when they drug Hillary through various investigations?

BTW, I heard on one of the news shows that Woodward's book "Fear" reports that the adult Trump children have seldom voted

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    BTW, I heard on one of the news shows that Woodward's book "Fear" reports that the adult Trump children have seldom voted
    Well, we know 3 of them didn't have votes that were counted in 2016 due to being registered to vote in too many states.

They all showed up in the "voter fraud" investigation and them, BAMF, the GOP terminated the voter fraud team. Hmm!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Second day of massive stock market slides.
    DJI is now 400 points lower than it was at the start of this year.
    Down over 550 points today.
    Down about 1000 points over the past two days. Quite a start to the week.
    Last edited by PaulBullion; 11-20-2018 at 02:06 PM.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Embattled Hyde-Smith posted photo of herself in confederate hat

Mississippi Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith posed for a photo wearing a confederate soldier's hat and holding a rifle in a Facebook post that surfaced Tuesday.

Hyde-Smith took the photo during a 2014 visit to the Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library. "Mississippi history at its best!" Hyde-Smith exclaimed.
    Davis was the president of the Confederacy during the Civil War, and his former estate now includes a library and museum in his honor.

"I enjoyed my tour of Beauvoir. The Jefferson Davis Home and Presidential Library located in Biloxi," Hyde-Smith wrote. "This is a must see. Currently on display are artifacts connected to the daily life of the Confederate Soldier including weapons. Mississippi history at its best!"

The photo comes as Hyde-Smith is under fire after saying during a campaign stop in November that she would gladly attend a "public hanging" if one of her supporters invited her. She is running against Democrat Mike Espy, who is African-American, in a Nov. 27 runoff.

Astonishing Member

https://twitter.com/joshscampbell/st...88788764565504

As Trump flies off on our dime to mar-a-lago again to eat off golden plates for Thanksgiving...

Way to be thoughtful and respectful of the military and families.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I can't believe that all the market gains since January have been wiped out in only a few days. Thank God, I'm not invested in any of this stuff. What's gonna keep a recession from happening though, if Trump doesn't back down on China? They're not fucking around. My family is fortunate enough to be in two 'recession proof' industries, but that doesn't make mean I'm not worried about my friends.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Ron Wyden- Even if Sanders doesn't run, he'll have a hard time standing out.
    Wyden isn't running; the other Oregon senator, Jeff Merkley, is the one who's running. He was the first Senator to endorse Bernie two years ago.
    --
    The discussion forum for fans of 20th-century comics: http://classiccomics.org