Page 470 of 985 FirstFirst ... 370420460466467468469470471472473474480520570970 ... LastLast
Results 7,036 to 7,050 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    And the Democratic Way, too.

When the Republican senators tried to impeach Bill Clinton, no Democratic senator voted in favor of impeachment.
    Why should they have? It was purely politically motivated. You said it there, the Senate did not impeach Clinton, it was the Republicans who did.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    A sane President with a sane Administration, could have easily found a way to prepare for the immigrants/Asylum seekers that would have avoided this situation all together. Even better, a sane President with a Sane, and well staffed, administration, would have spent the last two years working with other countries in the Americas to mitigate the causes that drive people from their homes and force them to migrate, or to come up with a same way to process Asylum requests quickly, fairly, and efficiently so as not to have a backlog of people.

A sane President with a sane administration wouldn't need to send down military troops. set up barbed wire, and wouldn't definitely not treat all these people as criminals.

And even when we had a sane President with a Sane Administration, the less than sane Republican Congress obstructed every attempt to come up with a sane solution to the immigration problem.
    This doesn't justify rushing a border though. Rushing a border carrying your countries flag is borderline invasion lol.

Hopefully, the mexican govt finds every single one that did and deports them back to south america so the good ones truly seeking asylum can be sorted out.

Weren't they offered asylum in Mexico?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Since almost everyone seems to be not discussing it, let me remind you all again, border patrol agents fired tear gas at migrants and their children. And now Kirstjen Nielsen is defending the action.
    Hundreds of members of the caravan attempted to circumvent a blockade by Mexican police and run toward the border, but they were met with CBP agents who then fired tear gas across the border.

What is the appropriate response to this then?

Maybe you shouldn't rush a border with children....

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hundreds of members of the caravan attempted to circumvent a blockade by Mexican police and run toward the border, but they were met with CBP agents who then fired tear gas across the border.

You know, kept the borders open, hired more people at agents and workers to process aslyum claims and such, actually hire ambassadors to open up communication and dialogue with the countries in Central America to work on solutions or something there. You know, anything reasonable instead of building up a problem that ends with us inhumanely shooting chemical weapons on foreign lands that do not distinguish people anyone.

Surely there are better options that could have been better and prevented this and didn't make people victim blame.

BANNED

This doesn't justify rushing a border though. Rushing a border carrying your countries flag is borderline invasion lol.

Hopefully, the mexican govt finds every single one that did and deports them back to south america so the good ones truly seeking asylum can be sorted out.

Weren't they offered asylum in Mexico?
    An invasion of unarmed civilians, truly a terrifying prospect. And seriously, how sad is it that we're trying to outsource border security to Mexico so we can have some plausible deniability about all the inevitable human rights abuses that the migrants will endure?

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    You know, kept the borders open, hired more people at agents and workers to process aslyum claims and such, actually hire ambassadors to open up communication and dialogue with the countries in Central America to work on solutions or something there. You know, anything reasonable instead of building up a problem that ends with us inhumanely shooting chemical weapons on foreign lands that do not distinguish people anyone.

Surely there are better options that could have been better and prevented this and didn't make people victim blame.
    I didn't ask how to prevent it. That stuff is out of the hands of the people working on the border that day.

I asked what the appropriate response was to 100s of people try to rush past the mexican police in order to cross the border.

"don't make people victim blame." That is a poor use of the phrase.

Treating all immigrants as criminals, making the process of seeking Asylum near impossible, not addressing the causes in the South/Central American Countries that create migrants.....those are not the answer.

Mexico wants eh U.S. to work with them to find solutions to the crime, poverty, and other social/economic conditions that drive people out of their South/Central American Countries in the first place. Trump has no interest in diplomacy, or in developing economic relations with those countries, In policies that might mitigate the problem.

Trump's answer to everything is sen in the troops and treat everyone as criminals.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    An invasion of unarmed civilians, truly a terrifying prospect. And seriously, how sad is it that we're trying to outsource border security to Mexico so we can have some plausible deniability about all the inevitable human rights abuses that the migrants will endure?
    the invasion thing was a mild joke, hence the lol.

Like I said, I don't 100% know how to feel about the situation. I feel sorry that these people live in shithole countries with shithole governments dominated by shithole cartels.

But you also can't rush a border. This stuff has a process if they are true asylum seekers.

Also, didn't mexico offer to allow them to stay in mexico? If so, doesn't that make them economic migrants vs asylum seekers?

the invasion thing was a mild joke, hence the lol.

Like I said, I don't 100% know how to feel about the situation. I feel sorry that these people live in shithole countries with shithole governments dominated by shithole cartels.

But you also can't rush a border. This stuff has a process if they are true asylum seekers.

Also, didn't mexico offer to allow them to stay in mexico? If so, doesn't that make them economic migrants vs asylum seekers?
    No, Mexico didn't allow them to stay in Mexico. Mexico is trying to negotiate a solution with the Trump Admin, one that would involve stemming the migration at its' source by trying to come up with solution to the crime and poverty that are driving people out.

I highly doubt Trump cares about that.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

No, Mexico didn't allow them to stay in Mexico. Mexico is trying to negotiate a solution with the Trump Admin, one that would involve stemming the migration at its' source by trying to come up with solution to the crime and poverty that are driving people out.

And therein lies the problem when dealing with a xenophobic president who clearly dislikes and distrusts any race that isn't lily white. And this situation is only bound to get worse, I heard a report about the border incident on my local all-news radio station this morning, one of the migrants was interviewed and said in so many words that he was desperate to cross the border and was prepared to die than go back home. Hearing that sent a chill down my spine, when faced with people nursing a fatalistic mindset like that, yeah, there's no way the situation can end well. Trump was right about one thing though, this mess had been building for years, maybe decades, now it's exploded on his watch, and he's chosen to handle it in the WORST possible way because he's too damn stupid to look for solutions that don't result in possible violence, something I fear his knuckledragging base is just itching for.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

No, Mexico didn't allow them to stay in Mexico.
    thanks for the clarification

that is a given

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    And therein lies the problem when dealing with a xenophobic president who clearly dislikes and distrusts any race that isn't lily white. And this situation is only bound to get worse, I heard a report about the border incident on my local all-news radio station this morning, one of the migrants was interviewed and said in so many words that he was desperate to cross the border and was prepared to die than go back home. Hearing that sent a chill down my spine, when faced with people nursing a fatalistic mindset like that, yeah, there's no way the situation can end well. Trump was right about one thing though, this mess had been building for years, maybe decades, now it's exploded on his watch, and he's chosen to handle it in the WORST possible way because he's too damn stupid to look for solutions that don't result in possible violence, something I fear his knuckledragging base is just itching for.
    despite my thoughts on what to do about the situation now... there is definitely no doubt in my mind that trump is the worst one to possibly handle the delicate situation. this couldn't have happened at a worse time.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

despite my thoughts on what to do about the situation now... there is definitely no doubt in my mind that trump is the worst one to possibly handle the delicate situation. this couldn't have happened at a worse time.
    Agreed. A situation this delicate, one that can go south in the deadliest of ways requires someone with the deft skill of a surgeon with a scalpel to calm the waters, instead, we have Trump who's coming at the problem like a demolition worker with a sledgehammer, and that's frightening. There should have been diplomats put in the capitol of every major South American country to work with the local governments to stem the tide of poverty and violence as best they can, but, as far as I know, putting said diplomats in place was disturbingly low on Trump's list of priorities as he was too damn busy with stupid stuff like getting tax breaks for billionaires, trying to kill Obamacare, slurping Putin and the Saudis and ranting on Twitter at all hours about anyone who got on his bad side. Now he's got a tiger by the tail at the border, and it appears evident he's going to screw it up royally, maybe even get innocent people killed as a result, I pray it doesn't come to that.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 11-26-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Alan Dershowitz Predicts Mueller Report Will Be ‘Politically Very Devastating’ For Trump

The Harvard law professor and frequent Trump defender explained how he believes the Russia probe will shake out. That should have the GOP worried.

MLB Asks Cindy Hyde-Smith Campaign To Return $5,000 Donation: Report

The Mississippi senator has been heavily criticized for her remark about a ”public hanging.” I suspect others will ask for a return of their donations. GOOD! Meanwhile....

Jim Carrey Burns ‘Hate-Mongers’ Trump And Cindy Hyde-Smith In Fiery New Artwork

The actor/artist has a message for Mississippi voters ahead of Tuesday’s runoff election.

Activists, Politicians React With Horror At Border Scenes Of Tear-Gassed Children

Mothers carried sobbing children away from tear gas fired by U.S. officers at the Mexican border. Horrible!

Twitter Users Burn Rick Santorum For Saying Climate Scientists ‘Driven By Money’

The CNN political commentator praised the Trump administration for trying to bury last week’s dire climate change report. As if Republicans aren't "driven by money" as they've been doing all they can to give tax breaks to billionaires, Trump and themselves. GTFO!
    Of course Republicans are driven by money. That's why Santorum thinks that climate scientists are in it for the money. It's human nature to believe that other people think the same way you do.

BTW, isn't it interesting how Jim Carrey has found a second career as a political cartoonist?
    Last edited by Malvolio; 11-26-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Of course Republicans are driven by money. That's why Santorum thinks that climate scientists are in it for the money. It's human nature to believe that other people think the same way you do.

BTW, isn't it interesting how Jim Carrey has found a second career as a political cartoonist.
    People who lie a lot think everybody lies a lot. People who cheat think everybody cheats

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!