Page 484 of 985 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534584984 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 14769
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    But it means a lot if you play the market. Like enough that I know for a fact people I know will vote for Trump if the market is doing well and might abstain or vote Democrat if it’s bad.

Edit: in fact after I posted this I just texted someone I know how they feel about voting for Trump in the context of the market....

“The market is important to people like me who are getting ready to retire. It has performed well since he took office”.

It matters to people. People don’t just put their direct interests aside because it might help someone else
    My meaning is for the overall good of he country, the markets are not a way to determine how well the majority of Americans are doing. Yeah, your friend might be in the stock game. I am with my 401k, but even for me and him gains and losses outside of being a millionaire doesn't tell me how the majority of my neighborhood is doing. See what I'm saying?

BANNED

Also, Hakeem Jeffries isn't a terrible choice, but he's definitely an Establishment play it safe choice.

His biggest plus ot establishment types in power? He lets Israel get away with ****, and will side with them.
    While Lee is actively against the occupation.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    My meaning is for the overall good of he country, the markets are not a way to determine how well the majority of Americans are doing. Yeah, your friend might be in the stock game. I am with my 401k, but even for me and him gains and losses outside of being a millionaire doesn't tell me how the majority of my neighborhood is doing. See what I'm saying?
    No I get that 100%. I’m just making the point that for some people it is a significant issue

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I think you underestimate how many opportunists their are in the world who will ride the train if they think it helps them get power.

I mean racism on a much lesser scale but “super predator” is 100% a racist dog whistle. Is it on the scale of Trump or most Republicans? Hell no! Is it there? Yes. Is it something you have to overlook to vote that way? Yes. But the perceived benefit people saw in her winning vs Trump definitely overrode that
    I can only speak for myself, of course. but i voted for Clinton because 1) Bernie wasn't an option 2) i have gay friends/relatives and 3) i'm pro-choice. it wasn't about personal gain for me. it was about things not being made worse for people i care about. and trump sold himself as the kind of person that would target women and the LGBT community. Clinton is wayyy to the right of me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I can only speak for myself, of course. but i voted for Clinton because 1) Bernie wasn't an option 2) i have gay friends/relatives and 3) i'm pro-choice. it wasn't about personal gain for me. it was about things not being made worse for people i care about. and trump sold himself as the kind of person that would target women and the LGBT community. Clinton is wayyy to the right of me.
    I voted for Clinton for similar reason too. I still hate her and I’m allowed to vent

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    In other news:

German police raided the Deutsche Bank headquarters over allegations of money laundering. DB lent money to Trump when nobody else did.

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to lying to Congress about Trump Tower Moscow.

Some of Mueller's questions Trump answered in writing where about Trump Tower Moscow.

Trump today abruptly canceled his meeting with Putin that was scheduled for the G20 summit.

Also, new information indicates that George Papadopoulos might see more legal troubles.

Today has been quite a month.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Trump's tax attorney's office being raided as well as DB cooperating with Mueller should have your nips shooting off.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    Missed at least one:

Federal agents have raided the City Hall office of Chicago Alderman Ed Burke this morning. Burke's small law firm did tax work for Trump for 12 years
    That should be seen as significant, seeing how Trump went out of his way to avoid releasing his tax returns after throwing his hat in the political ring. Clearly, the Orange Menace had something to hide, perhaps a LOT of something and was afraid that would come out in the wash if his returns were made public.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That should be seen as significant, seeing how Trump went out of his way to avoid releasing his tax returns after throwing his hat in the political ring. Clearly, the Orange Menace had something to hide, perhaps a LOT of something and was afraid that would come out in the wash if his returns were made public.
    The DB and this raid will be pretty telling.

Follow the money!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Democrats block House GOP plan for food stamp work requirements as Congress cuts deal on massive farm bill

Lawmakers have struck a final farm-bill deal that scraps a plan — backed by House Republicans and President Trump — that would have added new work requirements for older food stamp recipients and for parents with children 6 and older.

The work requirements were included in the House’s version of the farm bill, a massive program that doles out billions in farm subsidies, food aid and conservation funding. The final deal appears closer to a bipartisan Senate version of the farm bill that did not include the work requirements.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Good. While it's an idea that might appeal to some, the reality is that once you force that requirement on people, employers tend to rename that employee 'Rug', because they know the person is basically a captive and will abuse them as much as they can.

BANNED

BANNED

The ending of the video says it all.

Progressives and "Pragmatic" Progressives are two different things. Pragmatic Progressives = A liberal, which is okay, but they mostly are not Progressives.

The Problem Solvers got us stuck.

Social Experiment in Consumerism

Payless fools influencers with a fake store

ew York (CNN Business)Who would be willing to pay upward of $500 for Payless shoes?

Hoodwinked social media influencers, that's who.

Payless, a brand known for budget-friendly shoes, opened a fake pop-up store called "Palessi" in a Los Angeles mall and invited influencers to the grand opening. The store was stocked with Payless shoes in disguise.

"I would pay $400 or $500," a woman says in a TV ad, holding a pair of $19.99 sneakers. Another shopper calls the Payless shoes "elegant and sophisticated."
    About 80 influencers attended over two nights, according to Payless. They shelled out a total of $3,000. One shopper spent $640 for a pair of boots, which represented an 1,800% markup.

Payless, however, returned their money and let them keep the shoes. Payless said the influencers were paid a small stipend to attend.

Payless said the social experiment was meant to remind shoppers that Payless' affordable shoes are fashionable too.

"The campaign plays off of the enormous discrepancy and aims to remind consumers we are still a relevant place to shop for affordable fashion," Payless CMO Sarah Couch told Adweek.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Today We Settle All Mueller Family Business: Umm... Mueller seems to be dropping bodies today.

The last few days have seen flurry of Mueller probe-related news. But today, today y’all, Robert Mueller seems to be handling his business. One half expects Mueller to pull Donald Trump into a room and tell him: “Manafort is dead. So is Michael Cohen. Jerome Corsi. Stone. Assange. Today, I settle all family business, so don’t tell me you’re innocent, Donny. It insults my intelligence. It makes me very angry.”
    Today is being called Trifecta Thursday. It's the same style of plays you saw Mueller make on Al Qaeda and Rudy on mob bosses. Hit them 3 at time, 3 days at a time, 3 weeks at a time, and then 3 months of litigation to ice them out of funds.
    Today was day 3.

Tuesday you saw Manafort get the screws put to him for lying, Concord Management and Consulting, LLC agreed to appear in court, and a GRU agent defected to the US, agreeing to an immunity deal under Mueller.

Yesterday you saw Manafort informed that he will be bound (judge will declare things he said as facts) by law, 7th court ruling that Rod is Mueller's boss and that the investigation is legal, WikiLeaks outed Stone as a co-conspirator.

And then you have today. Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to Congress, Deutsche Bank got raided and cooperated, and Federal Agents 45's tax attorney's office ... complete with paper over the windows.

I believe the body blows are going to start turning into headshots soon.