Page 5 of 985 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Antifa has been around for something like 30 years now, but somehow it always comes back to their defining moment one day in Berkeley.......
    I don't know why you guys waste time arguing this with him.

There is not a single argument anyone can make that is going to change his mind. It's a huge waste of time.

And also, why does it even matter whether he equates the two groups? Doesn't make his opinion right.

It's 2018. Minds don't change. Just be snarky with each other, post a meme and be done with it.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Good-bye! See ya!

Embattled conspiracy theory broadcaster Alex Jones was banned by YouTube on Monday.

Internet users attempting to view the Alex Jones Channel videos were greeted with the notice saying, “this account has been terminated for violating YouTube’s Community Guidelines.”

“He had more than 2.4 million subscribers on his main channel and earned more than 17 million views over the last 30-day period, according to social media analysis site SocialBlade,” The Daily Beast reported. “Other InfoWars-related accounts appeared to be unaffected by the ban. InfoWars commentator Paul Joseph Watson has another 1.3 million YouTube subscribers, while other InfoWars accounts have a combined 423,000 subscribers.”

On Sunday, Apple’s iTunes removed most of Jones’ content.

“Since founding Infowars in 1999, Jones has built a vast audience. Among the theories he has promoted is that the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on New York and Washington were staged by the government,” Reuters reported. “He has also promoted a theory that the 2012 Sandy Hook school massacre was faked by left-wing forces to promote gun control. The shooting left 26 children and adults dead at a Connecticut elementary school.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Just in case you thought "F*** Your Feelings" was the low point for political T-shirts....

Attachment 69075

To which I say - "Move there." to anyone with this sentiment.
    LOL! These same people hate illegal immigrants...non-white ones anyway...because supposedly they're ruining the country, yet are okay with a foreign power trying to ruin the country.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    LOL! These same people hate illegal immigrants...non-white ones anyway...because supposedly they're ruining the country, yet are okay with a foreign power trying to ruin the country.
    I don't think they get that this is real. They are just trolling, and when Muller is finished with everything will try and pretend that they weren't so easily duped.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Apple straight up deleted his podcast archive and Facebook banned him, too.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-06-2018 at 10:14 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Appl straight up deleted his podcast archive and Facebook banned him, too.
    Good Riddance.
    F#%king hate that guy.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Manafort Trial AM Update #1:

Two boxes of evidence labeled "Gates" have been entered into the court record.

He's expected to be called to the stand today.

That's really it for the morning.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Manafort Trial AM Update #1:

Two boxes of evidence labeled "Gates" have been entered into the court record.

He's expected to be called to the stand today.

That's really it for the morning.
    Curious, how are you keeping track of the hearing?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Antifa draws from both America in 1920's and 30's, when militant leftists clashed with pro-Nazi groups in America, like Friends of New Germany, and the Antifaschistische Aktion formed in Weimar, Germany in 1932. Antifa has no central organization because it literally is NOT an organizarion, it is an ideal that became a label in 2017. They have literally no central doctrine, either, other than "fight fascism."

But those guys in Berkeley, who turned out to hear pro-fascist propagandists speak their propaganda, man...they were just innocent people who did nothing but show up to support people who support fascism in America...innocents, I tell ya!
    Okay, nice to know that you support assaulting people who even consider listening to opinions other than yours.

The other day I got round to seeing Oscar nominee THREE BILLBOARDS, ETC. I knew only bits and pieces about the film going in, but now I see that the movie, however unintentionally, delivers a great metaphor for the current confusion of liberals, ultraliberals, and whatever most of the posters here call themselves. It's a movie that shows how the descendants of liberals have become the thing they profess to hate: advocating senseless violence and vigilantism-- I highlight "senseless" as opposed to efficacious activity-- willing to do anything so that they, the quasi-liberals, no longer feel weak and disempowered.
    Last edited by ouroboros; 08-06-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Oh, and as for the "peaceful protesters" who stand by fascists... well, if you go to a rally because you're tired of regulations that make things tougher for your non-existent small business, but when you get to the rally, you find that the people in front are waving swastikas, and you don't immediately say, "Hey, let's get out of here before anyone starts to think we're just like those guys waving swastikas," you shouldn't be surprised or call foul when the rest of us assume that you're a Nazi sympathizer. You don't want to be associated with fascists? DON'T ASSOCIATE WITH FASCISTS!
    Is this a belated shot at Trump, or a less-belated shot at the Charlottesville debate on this thread's ancestor last year?

Whether or not any peaceful protesters got tarred with the fascist brush or not, the overall effect of the "anti-Confederacy-statue movement" has been to give the Alt-Right a cause to rally around for some years to come.

Thanks a lot, O thought-control cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Curious, how are you keeping track of the hearing?
    WaPo, LA Times, NBC, and CBS all have great live coverage. NPB did but they stopped after Thursday. WaPo and LA Times, IMHO, do the best coverage. They share everything, including the admonishments.

Saudi Arabia expels Canadian ambassador after Canada demands release of human rights advocates.

The Saudis have also recalled their ambassador, halted all new trade and investment and will be removing all of their students attending Canadian schools. They've also reportedly threatened to actively support the Quebec separatist movement.

Oh, and they posted this tweet before deleting it:

32d5df2b47641520533bc132a727f7505e23093a.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Speaking of, I read an article that the attempted Proud Boy riot/protest in Portland was barely 100 idiots strong, mostly because they were foiled by local businesses who worked out deals with tow truck companies to tow and Neo-Nazis trying to roll in for it if they parked on their parking lots to go be domestic terrorists all afternoon. What few Proud Boys that were still there had to shuttle themselves in by a few pickup trucks and vans, and most turned back.

Antifa didn't have to beat the s*** out of them today. Common decency and the law did.
    Boycott and lawful resistance have always been smarter tactics than vigilantism.

Not that it's hard to be, you know, smarter than total stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    This insult of LeBron James and Don Lemon is proof that Trump is racist but is too stupid to realize he's showing it. As you mention, he insulted the intelligence of both of them, which is pretty rich coming from Trump. The guy that claims you need to show I.D. to buy groceries. And who else has he always insulted this way? Rep. Maxine Waters. Anytime he mentions her he prefaces her name with "low IQ"
    His attack on her I.Q. would indeed seem racist, had she not recently given public proof of her shortcomings.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Apple straight up deleted his podcast archive and Facebook banned him, too.
    Best news I've heard all day. Jones is a human pestilence who shouldn't be allowed any sort of forum to spew his bullshit.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!