Page 626 of 985 FirstFirst ... 126526576616622623624625626627628629630636676726 ... LastLast
Results 9,376 to 9,390 of 14769
    Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Stop engaging the troll.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    "Democrats don't have a plan!"

"Actually, they had a plan that did a bunch of good stuff and would have protected Dreamers."

"Well, it doesn't deal with the drug war in exactly as much specificity as I want so it doesn't count as a plan!

Meanwhile, we're now in an easily avoidable shut down that is preventing us from accomplishing even basic governing tasks adn you're busy complaining about the Democrats not having a 'plan'.
    As for that...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On Democrats/"The Wall", it feels a lot like Republicans/The ACA.

While I'm not about to say that Republicans aren't largely on some nonsense here, I haven't seen the incredibly detailed Democratic alternative to current policy(never mind that they have sounded quite a bit like current GOP policy in the past). That sort of thing hasn't done Americans much good on healthcare.

Example...

Getting serious about that the drug war being ended would obviously play a role in fixing a portion of this. If Democrats are serious about doing so, they are being incredibly mum about that they are.
    If someone pretty clearly said "Incredibly Detailed", they have never accused the party of not having a plan. While I can understand wanting to make it about that, the actual issue is(and was) that they don't have a pretty detailed plan that the public knows of in a world where doing so is pretty simple.

Is it possible that they do? I guess. That said, they could spend some of the "From The Hallway..." response time on laying it out for folks. It would probably move things a lot further than "Nah, we just told him "No." again."

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    Stop engaging the troll.
    +1, No one with any credibility/authenticity is blaming the Dems for this shutdown.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    +1, No one with any credibility/authenticity is blaming the Dems for this shutdown.
    Especially when Trump himself said he’d take full responsibility for it. Of course, as with everything else, he lied about that too.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Especially when Trump himself said he’d take full responsibility for it. Of course, as with everything else, he lied about that too.
    I honestly don't think he's capable of actually completing an unexaggerated or wholly truthful conversation of 5 mintues.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    He actually seems to have made himself fake news at this point. He's got video and he's saying that its fake.

Man, Toni Preckwinkle stumbling into trouble might be worse than the Federal investigation making it look like she has problems...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...110-story.html

Toni Preckwinkle defends against criticism of her mayoral campaign's Laquan McDonald TV ad

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    "Democrats don't have a plan!"

"Actually, they had a plan that did a bunch of good stuff and would have protected Dreamers."

"Well, it doesn't deal with the drug war in exactly as much specificity as I want so it doesn't count as a plan!

Meanwhile, we're now in an easily avoidable shut down that is preventing us from accomplishing even basic governing tasks adn you're busy complaining about the Democrats not having a 'plan'.
    The GOP's plan is breaking all systems of governance if you cannot get all the things you want to do to hurt the poor, women, and minorities.

Not even joking.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

In the "Is the National Enquirer helping Trump out?" corner...

Seems like they just published Texts from Bezos to a woman(not the wife) that he seems to have been involved with.

While that one probably would have made the news no matter what, it seems like it fits into a pattern.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Man, Toni Preckwinkle stumbling into trouble might be worse than the Federal investigation making it look like she has problems...

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...110-story.html
    *Head desk* This is going to be knock down drag out fight.

On the plus side DA Fox, is opening up investigations into . Kelly around Cook County and already people are coming forward.

The Muslim immigrant won the vote to maintain his position as Vice-Chair of the Republican party of the third most populated county of Texas by a 139-49 margin.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/01...i-vote-muslim/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tions-billions

Americans Are Dying Younger, Saving Corporations Billions
    Life expectancy gains have stalled. The grim silver lining? Lower pension costs

This article from 2017 may have slipped under the radar back then, but is making the rounds on twitter these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Muslim immigrant won the vote to maintain his position as Vice-Chair of the Republican party of the third most populated county of Texas by a 139-49 margin.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/01...i-vote-muslim/
    It should never have been raised as an issue in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    *Head desk* This is going to be knock down drag out fight.

On the plus side DA Fox, is opening up investigations into . Kelly around Cook County and already people are coming forward.
    Yep. Apparently, someone phoned the city on that his studio space(behind on the rent, no less) has people living in it even though it is zoned as a commercial property. As of the earlier evening news, they refused the city entrance.

As for Preckwinkle, it was just a banner "That Was The Plan?" day for her. Refusing to answer a question about hiring Burke's son after making that play? That was just odd.

On the "Clown Shoes" front...

Trump is on about China somehow being more "Honorable" than Schumer/Pelosi. While that pair leave a whole lot to be desired, you can't make a pitch for that trade with China needs to be addressed because they are stealing everything that isn't nailed down on the "intellectual property rights" front and talk about how "Honorable" they are.

An "Honorable" country isn't really making that a central element of their economic policy.