Page 639 of 985 FirstFirst ... 139539589629635636637638639640641642643649689739 ... LastLast
Results 9,571 to 9,585 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Are we still doing this? It's like 2016 was the year that lasted three years long.
    Just kill me now and put me out of my misery then.

Are we still doing this? It's like 2016 was the year that lasted three years long.
    I only talk about what is relevant to 2019 and 2020.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Guys, the next Monsters, Inc. movie is gonna be lit!

This is some of the stupidity from the kind of morons who thought PIzzagate was real.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "However, if your goal is to repeat the mistakes of said election, then you're well on your way to making that happen."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I only talk about what is relevant to 2019 and 2020.
    When support of Sanders and other "progressives" includes attacks on "moderates" like Beto and Kamala then I think the ongoing conversation about Sanders is relevant to the upcoming election since said candidates -- much like Hillary -- could eventually be the front-runners of the Democratic party.

Granted, I could be completely wrong, but the parallels between this and the last election should be considered (in my opinion) if only to keep history from repeating itself, which is why my comments aren't so much attacks on Sanders politics as they are on the inherent divisiveness of constantly attacking the Democratic party while simultaneously trying to appeal to said party for votes.

While I'd much prefer to talk about the shortcomings of the Republican party, none of that will likely even matter if the "left" isn't unified in taking on Trump.

That said, the historical nature of the last midterm elections shows that people have likely learned from the past, and hopefully that is a sign of even better things to come in the future.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-12-2019 at 08:50 PM.

I'm trying to figure out how anyone could call another poster disingenuous and then on the same day talk about how their was a media blackout of Bernie Sanders during the 2016 campaign... Like... how many times did I see Bernie Sanders on MSNBC? Hell, to this day, how often do I see Bernie Sanders on cable news? The only time they stopped covering him is after he lost, and suddenly lost his passion for talking about income inequality during 3 of the most crucial months in modern political history.

So, while Bernie's not running, somehow the folks that insist they're not obsessed with defending him managed to spend a whole day derailing a thread away from discussing the actual candidates who have announced for 2020, and who actually might have a much better chance of winning if they'd get over it and talk about the here and now, rather than needlessly. Open. The. Same. Wound. AGAIN.

This time with a conspiracy theory about MEDIA BLACKOUTS on a guy who runs in front of all the cameras so fast, he always forgets to comb his hair before doing so. Just... really?

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    When support of Sanders and other "progressives" includes attacks on "moderates" like Beto and Kamala then I think the ongoing conversation about Sanders is relevant to the upcoming election since said candidates -- much like Hillary -- could eventually be the front-runners of the Democratic party.

Granted, I could be completely wrong, but the parallels between this and the last election should be considered (in my opinion) if only to keep history from repeating itself, which is why my comments aren't so much attacks on Sanders politics as they are on the inherent divisiveness of constantly attacking the Democratic party while simultaneously trying to appeal to said party for votes.
    For me, I go Kamala > Warren > Beto > Biden > Castro > Gabbard of the folks who have announced so far. Gabbard comes in last because some of the weirdness of her father getting her in a video with an anti-LGBTQ rant in the 90s, and her bizarre stance on Syria and Assad.

I'll also note that I've already seen Birther conspiracies on all of the women running. Harris for having two immigrant parents, Gabbard for being born in Samoa (American territories count, jackasses), and Warren gets the pseudo-birther attacks on her heritage. Beto has been attacked on his heritage, and Castro... well, he just announced, so it should start sometime within the next 48 hours, because conservatives just can't have anyone non-white running for office these days.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how anyone could call another poster disingenuous and then on the same day talk about how their was a media blackout of Bernie Sanders during the 2016 campaign... Like... how many times did I see Bernie Sanders on MSNBC? Hell, to this day, how often do I see Bernie Sanders on cable news? The only time they stopped covering him is after he lost, and suddenly lost his passion for talking about income inequality during 3 of the most crucial months in modern political history.

So, while Bernie's not running, somehow the folks that insist they're not obsessed with defending him managed to spend a whole day derailing a thread away from discussing the actual candidates who have announced for 2020, and who actually might have a much better chance of winning if they'd get over it and talk about the here and now, rather than needlessly. Open. The. Same. Wound. AGAIN.

This time with a conspiracy theory about MEDIA BLACKOUTS on a guy who runs in front of all the cameras so fast, he always forgets to comb his hair before doing so. Just... really?
    Dude, come on...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

While a little bit of it got coverage, Warren did look really amazing in every single clip that I saw. Her telling the crowd not to shout down a woman who was seeming bringing up a "Pro-Life" point was impressive. She really did seem like she could put a legit run together even though folks are trying to say otherwise when you take a look at the cable news outfits.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This is some of the stupidity from the kind of morons who thought PIzzagate was real.
    Worse yet, the people who have no idea what Satanism actually encourages and thinks that it's a bunch of guys in robes trying to summon demons.

That is a level of stupid I find offensive. I'd like someone to play College professor and have them cite their sources.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Worse yet, the people who have no idea what Satanism actually encourages and thinks that it's a bunch of guys in robes trying to summon demons.

That is a level of stupid I find offensive. I'd like someone to play College professor and have them cite their sources.

"This is what the Clintons do in the weekends" -- Tobias -- 2 years ago

1.1K upvotes
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-12-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Ultimate Member

"Rashida Tlaib's profanity got 5 times more cable coverage than Steve King"

"Rep. Rashida Tlaib's (D-Mich.) profanity about impeaching President Trump received five times more coverage on cable news than Rep. Steve King's (R-Iowa) questioning of why white supremacy is considered offensive, according to data collected by the liberal non-profit Media Matters for America.

Details: Tlaib's call to "impeach the mother***er" got more than two-and-a-half hours of air time from MSNBC, CNN and Fox News, 24 hours after the comment was made. The bulk of the coverage came from Fox News, which devoted 52 minutes to Tlaib. King's comments on white supremacy received less than 30 minutes of cable news time from the same three outlets in the first 24 hours.

Fox News covered it for 42 seconds."

https://www.axios.com/cable-news-ras...21072a5d6.html

"Absolutely not," Lindsey Graham said when asked if he'd support having Marina Gross, the American translator in Trump's meeting with Putin, testify before Congress. He said that precedent could prevent foreign leaders from wanting to meet with future U.S. presidents privately
    Twitter Link

----

Trump has concealed details of his face-to-face encounters with Putin from senior officials in administration

President Trump has gone to extraordinary lengths to conceal details of his conversations with Russian President Vladi*mir Putin, including on at least one occasion taking possession of the notes of his own interpreter and instructing the linguist not to discuss what had transpired with other administration officials, current and former U.S. officials said.

Trump did so after a meeting with Putin in 2017 in Hamburg that was also attended by then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. U.S. officials learned of Trump’s actions when a White House adviser and a senior State Department official sought information from the interpreter beyond a readout shared by Tillerson.

The constraints that Trump imposed are part of a broader pattern by the president of shielding his communications with Putin from public scrutiny and preventing even high-ranking officials in his own administration from fully knowing what he has told one of the United States’ main adversaries.

As a result, U.S. officials said there is no detailed record, even in classified files, of Trump’s face-to-face interactions with the Russian leader at five locations over the past two years. Such a gap would be unusual in any presidency, let alone one that Russia sought to install through what U.S. intelligence agencies have described as an unprecedented campaign of election interference.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Leaving this here, presuming I can get the gif to work right.

fark_9bqyxLm4KpkW7yGwL05dUS3ZJyg.jpg

Since it seems I can't - does anyone know how to make a gif play on these boards, especially since the word gif pulls up a goose egg for faq results?
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 01-12-2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

There's a reason I'll no longer speak to certain posters about Sanders and Progressives anymore. They have a love of certain viewpoints and I'll leave them to it. Carry on carrying on.

Also, Joe Manchin a DEMOCRAT is a joke....Lol. He's got that D next to his "Moderate" name.
    It'd be nice if people would analyze the Manchin types more in depth.
    But he gets a pass for some reason. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Leaving this here, presuming I can get the gif to work right.

fark_9bqyxLm4KpkW7yGwL05dUS3ZJyg.jpg

Since it seems I can't - does anyone know how to make a gif play on these boards, especially since the word gif pulls up a goose egg for faq results?
    I just use an external image hosting site, copy/paste the direct link, and wrap "[img][/img]" it.
    I've never had a problem that way, except that time photobucket kicked the bucket.

Random GIF:

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Guys, the next Monsters, Inc. movie is gonna be lit!

They literally stole that from Shin Megami Tensei IV.
    It's pathetic how little effort people are putting into conspiracy theories now.

...The Megami Tensei games are weird.