Page 649 of 985 FirstFirst ... 149549599639645646647648649650651652653659699749 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,735 of 14769
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    He could have summoned a few chefs from his DC hotel to cook at the White House.

Trump says fast food is totally American and is also his favorite food. So why doesn't he also serve his favorite fast food to foreign royals who come to the White House as guests of honor? If it was Queen Elizabeth instead of a college football team, do you think Trump would serve the Queen some McDonald food?

Trump has hosted state dinners with President Macron, Prime Minister Abe, President Xi Jinping and some other national leaders, either at the White House or Mar-a-Lago or other private golf club, he didn't serve them fast food.

He must have also served caviar and champagne to guests at his parties.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If Trump really wanted to serve them Hamburgers, he could have had the WH chiefs cook them up fresh. Instead of serving boxed lunches. I'm not against hamburgers, and I'm not against supporting businesses, but come'on. How hard is it to buy a package of freshly ground hamburger meat and grill it in the kitchen? Not hard at all.
    It's like I've already said in a previous post, I was only half joking about it then, but not now: Trump, very much a racist shitstain, didn't want his chefs cooking for BLACK men. And I stand by that opinion to the bitter end.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It's like I've already said in a previous post, I was only half joking about it then, but not now: Trump, very much a racist shitstain, didn't want his chefs cooking for BLACK men. And I stand by that opinion to the bitter end.
    That's assuming many of them even showed -- I wouldn't have, despite the overwhelming appeal of cold Big Macs and french fries.

Personally, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that (since he was paying) his cheapness outweighed his racism in this case -- McDonald's has a 2 for $5 deal that he probably couldn't pass up.

Besides, we all know he only brings out the good stuff for the Russians.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-15-2019 at 05:55 AM.

A History of Steve King’s Racist Remarks

Representative Steve King of Iowa, who was stripped of his House committee seats on Monday night after making remarks defending white supremacy, has a long history of racist comments and insults about immigrants.

Republicans rarely rebuked him until recently, with some suggesting that Mr. King’s language and views were new to them.

“This just popped up on Friday,” Representative Steve Scalise, the second-ranking House Republican, said on Sunday, when asked if the party would penalize Mr. King for saying, in an interview with The Times, “White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

National Republicans courted his political support in Iowa: He was a national co-chairman of Ted Cruz’s 2016 presidential effort and of Gov. Kim Reynolds’ 2018 election. House leadership appointed him chairman of the subcommittee on the Constitution and civil justice. And President Trump boasted in the Oval Office that he raised more money for Mr. King than for anyone else.

Yet Mr. King, who won a ninth term in November, has publicly promoted white nationalists and neo-Nazis on Twitter and disparaged nonwhite groups for years.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I suggest not looking at the comments section under that. Ha.

Good video, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post

Good video, though.
    It is stirring up it's own style of controversy.

Ultimate Member

Why not -- it's about time we dealt with the truth about racism, sexism, homophobia (etc) in this country.

Avoiding said truth is what got us Trump in the first place: even some "progressives" on this forum didn't think it was worth "voting against" in the 2016 election.

And just to hammer home a point -- it must be nice to only have to see things like that in comment sections rather than to have to deal with it in real life.

I'm suddenly reminded of why CBR had to be reset and why I still respect them for standing up against -- and rejecting -- said behavior.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-15-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Why not -- it's about time we dealt with the truth about racism, sexism, homophobia (etc) in this country.

Avoiding said truth is what got us Trump in the first place: even some "progressives" on this forum didn't think it was worth "voting against" in the 2016 election.

And just to hammer home a point -- it must be nice to only have to see things like that in comment sections rather than to have to deal with it in real life.
    All good points.

Maybe, I'll rephrase it to, if you want to maintain any tiny hope about the state of humanity, I suggest not looking at the comments section under that video.

The part that bugs me is, it feels like there is not shit that is ever going to change.

Like, if the confederates were posting YouTube videos during the Civil War, and people then would read the comments and think, maybe one day people will be better. And then centuries later, they aren't better and we now know you can't legislate away people's hate and bigotry.

Ultimate Member

All good points.

Maybe, I'll rephrase it to, if you want to maintain any tiny hope about the state of humanity, I suggest not looking at the comments section under that video.

The part that bugs me is, it feels like there is not shit that is ever going to change.

Like, if the confederates were posting YouTube videos during the Civil War, and people then would read the comments and think, maybe one day people will be better. And then centuries later, they aren't better and we now know you can't legislate away people's hate and bigotry.
    Maybe not, but we can both outlive and outvote them -- in that respect, much progress has been made (women's suffrage, Civil Rights Act, etc) and it's only a matter of time before the political will of the masses completely overcomes said bigotry, as the masses will themselves be "minorities".

Yet, instead of addressing this reality head on, Republicans seem to be retreating into the past by trying to "Make America Great Again" even with the knowledge that it wasn't always so great for "minority" Americans in this country.

The only real question that remains is just how far said bigots are willing to go to protect their status, which is playing out in our political process as we speak.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 01-15-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    President Trump at least knows how to reduce costs on food expenses. Fast food is not as expensive as gourmet French cuisine which is usually served to other guests in the White House.

Besides I am sure football players would rather eat fast food than French food.

If Mr. Trump had served French food, or steaks and lobsters to a football team during a shutdown, the Democrats would express outrage all week.
    I was under the impression that the President pays his own food expenses.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Maybe not, but we can both outlive and outvote them -- in that respect, much progress has been made (women's suffrage, Civil Rights Act, etc) and it's only a matter of time before the political will of the masses completely overcomes said bigotry, as the masses will themselves be "minorities".

Yet, instead of addressing this reality head on, Republicans seem to be retreating into the past by trying to "Make America Great Again" even with the knowledge that it wasn't always so great for "minority" Americans in this country.

The only real question that remains is just how far said bigots are willing to go to protect their status, which is playing out in our political process as we speak.
    Outvote them, maybe. Outlive them, no way. I mean, maybe at some point, people thought they'd outlive the ideals held by the confederacy, but that shit was lost caused into people's brains where it has remained, generation to generation, for a long, long time.

iMan 42s

Ignoring who its for, and ignoring the shutdown that caused this, who thought that was a good idea?

Fast-food being served to the guests at the White House is terrible for optics but to make matters worse, it just makes the President look bad. You get fast-food when you are out or perhaps don't have the energy to cook yourself. Fast-food is a situational thing which is part of the big reason we as a society don't make big meals out of it, or when we do it's supposed to be clear on the portioning. It's bad for you, and so much worse when you consider that some people eat it constantly. But the worst part about all of this is that Trump has money. He does, and the thing he does instead of keeping on some Chefs retaining jobs and doing his part for his own immediate work force? Well he spends god knows the amount of money on Fast-food. Expensive in high-quantities and incredibly bad for you in said quantities.

Now, I don't live in DC. I'm not that far from it though. And the thing is that I can go about 15 minutes, maybe 20, and go to a deli and get as much burger meat prepared right there and make as many burgers as I want for little money. I genuinely don't know if it's a laziness thing, a lack of chefs, or just being unaware of the optics.

And yeah it does raise questions about Trump's weight all over again if this is how he presents things he deems food to the masses and his own guests.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Ignoring who its for, and ignoring the shutdown that caused this, who thought that was a good idea?

Fast-food being served to the guests at the White House is terrible for optics but to make matters worse, it just makes the President look bad. You get fast-food when you are out or perhaps don't have the energy to cook yourself. Fast-food is a situational thing which is part of the big reason we as a society don't make big meals out of it, or when we do it's supposed to be clear on the portioning. It's bad for you, and so much worse when you consider that some people eat it constantly. But the worst part about all of this is that Trump has money. He does, and the thing he does instead of keeping on some Chefs retaining jobs and doing his part for his own immediate work force? Well he spends god knows the amount of money on Fast-food. Expensive in high-quantities and incredibly bad for you in said quantities.

Now, I don't live in DC. I'm not that far from it though. And the thing is that I can go about 15 minutes, maybe 20, and go to a deli and get as much burger meat prepared right there and make as many burgers as I want for little money. I genuinely don't know if it's a laziness thing, a lack of chefs, or just being unaware of the optics.

And yeah it does raise questions about Trump's weight all over again if this is how he presents things he deems food to the masses and his own guests.
    Trump doesn't think its bad though. Reports have been all over the place that he pounds fast food burgers himself all the time. To most people sure a soggy ass sad burger that's been sitting there waiting for them for hours isn't appealing. And it would have made more sense to just have fresh real burgers and wings etc made. No one would have said anything. But he's making a point to show that sadness on silver platters like its delicious.

Personally I don't get why any of these teams would go while he's there.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Not surprising that McConnell is staying out of the sunlight on this. But we know his game. Ever since Obama's administration, his main goal has been to stack the courts system with GOP choices. Trump has been a means to that end and Yertle the Turtle McConnell doesn't care about how dangerously incompetent or Trump is. Or if he's a useful idiot for Putin and Soviet oligarchs.

Glanced at Barr's hearing, decided not to watch. I have a bad feeling about it. i think there are going to be parts of the hearing, especially those involving republicans, that are going to be cringeworthy.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-15-2019 at 08:23 AM.