Page 782 of 985 FirstFirst ... 282682732772778779780781782783784785786792832882 ... LastLast
Results 11,716 to 11,730 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    So what is the real reason for the wall stuff?

It ain't immigrants. Why do people in power want it?

Who is being paid if its made? I'd assume follow the money...
    Studies by conservative think-tanks have shown that illegal immigration is the issue that will motivate the largest percentage of their base to get out and vote. Trump's keeping those people engaged by creating a controversy.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Arnold Schwarzenegger is also one of the few Republicans who did not vote for the candidate Trump. But Chuck Norris, of course, voted for Trump.
    There is a reason Arnie still gets movies while Norris doesnt.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Studies by conservative think-tanks have shown that illegal immigration is the issue that will motivate the largest percentage of their base to get out and vote. Trump's keeping those people engaged by creating a controversy.
    Oh, yes, keep the lemmings good and scared about imaginary caravans of brown skinned madmen storming the border to rape and kill while Republicans rob them blind behind their backs. Sound strategy by the GOP.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Chuck Norris defends President Trump's national emergency declaration by reminding us that former President Obama himself declared 10 national emergencies while in office, including one on July 25, 2011 blocking property of transnational criminals from Los Zetas, one of Mexico’s most dangerous drug cartels.

https://www.wnd.com/2019/02/illusion-or-invasion-u-s-a/

Actually you know instead of going to be informed by a guy hawking bow flesh gyms on informercials you could have spent maybe a couple minutes reading the entire National Emergency declaration. But I guess if its someone supporting the Trump , take his word its about 1 thing only. Except....well this shows...its not just a Mexican cartel that Obama wanted to stop.

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov...inal-organizat

As the order shows this was to combat a wide variety of criminal organizations across the globe. One article claims Obama brought up that these organizations were a global threat to their own countries as well. Which again leads into why a National emergency was declared to combat foreign criminal organizations. You Trumpsters have beat this stupid drum about these National Emergencies and yes since Carter there has 50-60 declared but as this shows ...many are for international issues and sanctions. Not an in road around a budget issue.

But keep on reaching I guess.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

Liberals who have a problem with conservative celebrities never seem to complain about what a liberal celebrity like Jane Fonda has said or done.
    I don't think liberals usually complain when conservative celebrities voice their opinion (unless that opinion is...controversial, which I guess happens a lot), other than to point out the hypocrisy. For example, the same person who will respond to some left leaning actor's post with "stay out of politics" will share all of James Woods tweets and champion him for owning the libs or whatever.

No one cares if Chuck Norris wants to post on social media about his Trump support. Elderly white men all across the country do it every day.

Chuck Norris defends President Trump's national emergency declaration by reminding us that former President Obama himself declared 10 national emergencies while in office, including one on July 25, 2011 blocking property of transnational criminals from Los Zetas, one of Mexico’s most dangerous drug cartels.

https://www.wnd.com/2019/02/illusion-or-invasion-u-s-a/
    So many viruses and trojans on that site ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I don't think liberals usually complain when conservative celebrities voice their opinion (unless that opinion is...controversial, which I guess happens a lot), other than to point out the hypocrisy. For example, the same person who will respond to some left leaning actor's post with "stay out of politics" will share all of James Woods tweets and champion him for owning the libs or whatever.

No one cares if Chuck Norris wants to post on social media about his Trump support. Elderly white men all across the country do it every day.
    Here's the thing. Liberals will often take issue with the actual words of conservative celebrities. Conservatives seem to think that liberal celebrities should forfeit their right to talk about politics when they enter show business.

Remember when conservatives creamed themselves over Clint Eastwood's talk to an empty chair years earlier. It was a stupid senile moment and made Eastwood look beyond the pale stupid to do in discussing Barack Obama. Instead of you know ...voicing his concern like a normal person in a speech. Yet here they were like acting this was great. But to the public at large we all considered it a massive fail at the time and people did things mocking the empty chair debacle.

So that to me sums up conservatives. They will applaud folks who generally make fools of themselves to stick it to the libs and yet not realize how fucking stupid it is.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Remember when conservatives creamed themselves over Clint Eastwood's talk to an empty chair years earlier. It was a stupid senile moment and made Eastwood look beyond the pale stupid to do in discussing Barack Obama. Instead of you know ...voicing his concern like a normal person in a speech. Yet here they were like acting this was great. But to the public at large we all considered it a massive fail at the time and people did things mocking the empty chair debacle.

So that to me sums up conservatives. They will applaud folks who generally make fools of themselves to stick it to the libs and yet not realize how fucking stupid it is.
    Oh, you remembered me this embarassing moment! Eastwood is an admirable filmmaker and seeing him making such a fool of himself was so painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Oh, you remembered me this embarassing moment! Eastwood is an admirable filmmaker and seeing him making such a fool of himself was so painful to watch.
    He's a great film maker and he had no idea that in 2012 this would hurt his next film as a month after his RNC empty chair debacle his next film bombed (Trouble with the Curve) . Which was rare for Eastwood really. He rarely has starred in a bomb film the last 2 decades. (Blood Work was in 2002).

But yeah its no shock Eastwood really hasn't even tried to bring up the empty chair deal given how it came across.

Liberals who have a problem with conservative celebrities never seem to complain about what a liberal celebrity like Jane Fonda has said or done.
    I've been prepared to criticize Jane Fonda a couple of times only to do a check and find out that the main accusations against her are completely fabricated. Yes she spoke out against the Vietnam War but the accusations about things she did over there don't stand up to a moment's scrutiny.

Also, I have a lot of respect for Chuck Norris as a martial artist but a lot of the political stuff he says is more funny than anything else like when he said that if Obama was reelected, it would be the beginning of a thousand years of darkness. I'm gonna cut him some slack and assume that was just a poor choice of words.

Kevin Sorbo is a lot worse than Chuck Norris but, then again, I get the feeling that Sorbo would say anything to boost his career.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    That's what you are posting, but it isn't true. I've met several lifelong Dems who think Fonda should be tried and then executed for Treason.

But to the point you are trying to rebut, it's mostly one side that says celebs should shit up and not talk politics, except when those celebs happen to be on their side. The other one tends to criticize what gets said rather than who says it.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jane-fonda-pows/
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    And yet, it better than anything summed up what conservatism in America had long become: an imaginary argument against imaginary liberals that exist only in their head.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Here's the thing. Liberals will often take issue with the actual words of conservative celebrities. Conservatives seem to think that liberal celebrities should forfeit their right to talk about politics when they enter show business.
    Rich coming from the party that nominated and elected an actor and then a reality shown host to sandwich the family dynasty of the Bushes.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Also, I have a lot of respect for Chuck Norris as a martial artist but a lot of the political stuff he says is more funny than anything else like when he said that if Obama was reelected, it would be the beginning of a thousand years of darkness. I'm gonna cut him some slack and assume that was just a poor choice of words.
    I mean, he wasn't wrong. Technically.