Page 786 of 985 FirstFirst ... 286686736776782783784785786787788789790796836886 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,790 of 14769
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    I don’t and there is absolutely no reason to believe that to the point where it seems like a pipe dream. We were in the Bush admin, you know two of the most destructive wars ever, and the economy just tanked in the scariest recession of most of our lifetimes. In that dire situation, less Hillary supporters voted for Obama than Bernie supporters for Hillary.

So why on Earth should I believe your hypothesis?
    Good question. It doesn't matter since Trump's winning anyway. Because of that, we are all free to believe whatever we want.

I don’t and there is absolutely no reason to believe that to the point where it seems like a pipe dream. We were in the Bush admin, you know two of the most destructive wars ever, and the economy just tanked in the scariest recession of most of our lifetimes. In that dire situation, less Hillary supporters voted for Obama than Bernie supporters for Hillary.

So why on Earth should I believe your hypothesis?
    You are a regular in this thread, right?

Cause:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Sen. Bernie Sanders Confirms 2020 Presidential Run

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berni...b0606a15b77659
    Effect:
    Honestly, good. Maybe certain pockets of the Democratic Party shouldn’t have vilified him and his voters because they didn’t get what they wanted a few years ago. Sorry you don’t get to be dicks and then take it all back and hope people embrace you

Result:

"Trump: Four More Years."
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Oh my bad. I didn't relize that that made him not an old white dude.
    He's not "an old white dude" to white supremacists.

Dismissing Jewish identity is dangerous. Those marchers in Charlotte were primarily chanting about Jews . . . but you'd hardly know it from how it's discussed. And then people have no idea how a synagogue gets shot up of why antisemitic attacks have increased even in New York.

Extraordinary Member

You are a regular in this thread, right?
    That’s just the reality of what happened. Do you really think right now is worse than the freakin recession when everyone was losing their job? Why again should I believe those same people will behave differently.

Mighty Member

That’s just the reality of what happened. Do you really think right now is worse than the freakin recession when everyone was losing their job? Why again should I believe those same people will behave differently.
    Well, it's pretty much agreed on by everyone except Trump supporters that a recession is pretty much imminent because of Trump's shitty ability to preside.

I just find it very hard to believe your hypothesis.

I'd wager that a very large number of the "Hillary wing", even the ones who comment in places that Hillary should run again 2020, will vote for anyone who gets the dem nom for 2020.

I dunno, all 9 of my "Bernie Bros" family voted for Trump when Bernie lost the nomination. Their posts were the same as and sometimes even ganged up with the Trump side prior to the loss.

I saw the exits polls reflected that, too. 44% of Bernie voters stayed with Hillary, 48% didn't vote, and 8% voted other.

NYT and Pew had some great research into the 2016 exit polls. They uncovered some cold, hard truths for Dems, such as 33% of Democratic voters & leaners are whites without college degrees. Which is substantially larger than the 26% of Democrats who are whites with college degrees that many in politics and the media thinks is the dominant demo for the party.

Unless Bernie is drummed out early, the longer he's in, the longer he'll handicap the eventual nominee and give Trump his reelection.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Well, it's pretty much agreed on by everyone except Trump supporters that a recession is pretty much imminent because of Trump's shitty ability to preside.

I just find it very hard to believe your hypothesis.

I'd wager that a very large number of the "Hillary wing", even the ones who comment in places that Hillary should run again 2020, will vote for anyone who gets the dem nom for 2020.
    My hypothesis is backed up by the actual results of what happened in a situation that was worse than the current one. Yours is assuming that similar people with not exhibit the same bad behavior after spewing vitriol over two years. I have something to back mine up, you really only have wishful thinking

Mighty Member

It's also gonna be a big bummer when it comes down to Bernie vs Kamala in the primaries and we are all gonna be basing our moves on the Bernie vs Hillary battle of 2016.

America does not learn. Anything. Ever.

The Dems can field a coat-rack with a hat on it and I will happily vote for it.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Mighty Member

My hypothesis is backed up by the actual results of what happened in a situation that was worse than the current one. Yours is assuming that similar people with not exhibit the same bad behavior after spewing vitriol over two years. I have something to back mine up, you really only have wishful thinking
    Well, we agree on one thing: we are fucked either way.

Extraordinary Member

Well, we agree on one thing: we are fucked either way.
    Eh, America had a good run

The results of the 2016 vote left a sour taste in my mouth for Bernie Sanders, even though I voted for him in the NY Primary. But I will give him a chance to win me back. But it's the same chance I'm giving every other Democratic candidate to win me over. I haven't quite decided yet, and won't decide for sure until the Iowa Caucuses, but I will admit that right now I'm leaning toward Cory Booker.

Eh, America had a good run
    Did it? Did it really?

Mighty Member

Bernie Sanders.
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 02-19-2019 at 11:58 AM. Reason: I don't care.