Page 789 of 985 FirstFirst ... 289689739779785786787788789790791792793799839889 ... LastLast
Results 11,821 to 11,835 of 14769
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Inquiring minds want to know: Does Sean Hannity or Mike Pence's hair ever move? even in a hurricane?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    What the unholy hell? Exactly what sort of benefit is there in giving oil sheiks nukes? That makes ZERO sense! Plain and simple, that **** needs to STOP!

====================

Trump Asked Matthew Whitaker To Meddle In Michael Cohen Probe: NYT

The president reportedly voiced his desire to put someone on his side in charge of the investigation. He denies it. Well, of course he denied that. Lying bastard.

Trump Administration Says It Will Rescind $929 Million In Funds For California High-Speed Rail

The announcement comes one day after California joined a 16-state lawsuit challenging the president’s emergency declaration to fund a border wall. Coincidence? I think not. THIS is what happens when a petty, spiteful and vindictive demagogue is put in the Oval Office.

Why Bernie Sanders’ Supporters Say He’s Still The Right Choice For 2020

No one else has the same credibility on progressive issues, say his diehard backers. I guess we'll find out just how much support Sanders will have outside the sphere of progressives.

Fox News Legal Analyst Says Trump Implicated In 2 Specific Crimes In New Report

Andrew Napolitano says a bombshell New York Times report could be big trouble for the president. When someone on Faux News says Trump was a bad boy, you KNOW **** has hit the fan for him.

Andrew McCabe Thinks ‘It’s Possible’ That Trump Is A Russian Asset

The former acting FBI director told CNN’s Anderson Cooper he is “anxious to see where Mueller concludes that.” So are we all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I don’t see Sanders being able to pull this out. My understanding of a portion of his success wasn’t even necessarily his progressive record. There were a number of people that I knew that supported him as the “Not Clinton” candidate while also being more Clinton-esque in policy preferences. Especially with Sanders being in a field crowded with progressive candidates like Warren, Harris, and even Booker (to a certain extent), can he really even get the whole support of that constituency? I’m dubious about the prospect, especially since Sanders hasn’t done much to improve his standing on issues that many, particularly I, care more about than economic policy: racial and social issues. For the most part, he has been a follower and not a leader on these frontiers—and there are real leaders on these issues, including another white man that hasn’t entered the race yet. And, I’d also note, is much younger.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I don’t see Sanders being able to pull this out. My understanding of a portion of his success wasn’t even necessarily his progressive record. There were a number of people that I knew that supported him as the “Not Clinton” candidate while also being more Clinton-esque in policy preferences. Especially with Sanders being in a field crowded with progressive candidates like Warren, Harris, and even Booker (to a certain extent), can he really even get the whole support of that constituency? I’m dubious about the prospect, especially since Sanders hasn’t done much to improve his standing on issues that many, particularly I, care more about than economic policy: racial and social issues. For the most part, he has been a follower and not a leader on these frontiers—and there are real leaders on these issues, including another white man that hasn’t entered the race yet. And, I’d also note, is much younger.
    Lol you really think it was a not Hillary vote and not his progressive record? Because his progressive record is what’s been permeating the Democratic Party for the past 2 years.

And if we are being absolutely truthful those same Sanders voters hate Gillibrand, hate Booker, and don’t think much of Harris (way better than the former two, but she’s not a Progressive darling). Warren’s the biggest who has real crossover with Bernie voters and then I think most people would accept Biden.

Extraordinary Member

Btw, Bernie’s campaign raised 6 million in the last 24 hours. He’s going to be a massive force this go around. Probably more so than last time and there is no Clinton machine or preferred party favorite that’s going to be the gatekeeper for him

Mighty Member

I guess all we can do is vote in the primaries, see the outcome of that and hope everyone does the right thing in November 2020.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I wonder if this feeds in to John Bolton's dream of invading Iran.
    If the plan is use a Saudi-led coalition to invade Iran, then we'd better get prepared for one of the worst disasters in military history because the Saudis and their Gulf State buddies, despite having the third-largest budget in the world, are absolutely terrible at fighting and probably have no clue how to actually use any of those fancy weapon systems we've been selling them over the years. The Iranian forces might look ragtag by comparison but they wouldn't have any problems wiping the floor with the Saudis, at which point American troops will inevitably be sent in and we'll be in store for a drawn out conflict with an extended insurgency phase and plenty of civilian casualties and everything else we've become desensitized to over the last few decades.

my fear is that Sanders is going to come in strong but be sabotaged by the DNC again.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Btw, Bernie’s campaign raised 6 million in the last 24 hours. He’s going to be a massive force this go around. Probably more so than last time and there is no Clinton machine or preferred party favorite that’s going to be the gatekeeper for him
    Money wont buy you the black vote, the LGBTQ vote or the Women vote. All of which he's shown not to care about with his "Its all about the economics" mantra and finger wagging.

Its as if he's been utterly blind to the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    If the plan is use a Saudi-led coalition to invade Iran, then we'd better get prepared for one of the worst disasters in military history because the Saudis and their Gulf State buddies, despite having the third-largest budget in the world, are absolutely terrible at fighting and probably have no clue how to actually use any of those fancy weapon systems we've been selling them over the years. The Iranian forces might look ragtag by comparison but they wouldn't have any problems wiping the floor with the Saudis, at which point American troops will inevitably be sent in and we'll be in store for a drawn out conflict with an extended insurgency phase and plenty of civilian casualties and everything else we've become desensitized to over the last few decades.

I read about an American aid watching as a Saudi sergeant walked down the line of troops taking their vehicle repair manuals from them after he (the aid) had just guven them to the troops. When he queried the Saudi as to why he did that the guy replied with this.

"I am the sergeant, I am the one in charge, only I deserve to know how to repair these"

Whuxh tallies up with SA buying new vehicles instead of doing simple repairs on them.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    my fear is that Sanders is going to come in strong but be sabotaged by the DNC again.
    If I understand right, they just put way more money into Clinton's right? Seems like money will be no problem for his campaign this time around so.

Although, according to the comments on various posts and articles, many of the Bernie side already assume the DNC is going to rob him of the nom again.

So it sounds like things are going to work out splendidly for the republicans in 2020.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Money wont buy you the black vote, the LGBTQ vote or the Women vote. All of which he's shown not to care about with his "Its all about the economics" mantra and finger wagging.

Its as if he's been utterly blind to the last few years.
    Idk Hillary seemed to buy it despite her questionable track record

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Idk Hillary seemed to buy it despite her questionable track record
    Put your tinfoil hat away.

Money wont make people forget Bernie gave us Trump (as did many other things) as his voters crowed about Bernie or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    *lengthy sigh*

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Put your tinfoil hat away.

Money wont make people forget Bernie gave us Trump (as did many other things) as his voters crowed about Bernie or Bust.
    Put your tinfoil hat away. If you think Bernie gave us Trump you are quite simply uninformed. By your logic Hillary tried much harder to prevent Obama from being President and tried harder to give us McCain.

And yeah it’s not a tinfoil hat to remind people that Hillary was against gay marriage the last time she ran but found herself with the LGBT vote and that called black people super predators but won their vote. She had a lot of money to campaign to them though.

But don’t worry, seems like you’d rather Trump than Bernie