Page 805 of 985 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805806807808809815855905 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 14769
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The next president SHOULD be able to eat a salad with a comb. It's a very useful survival skill when you have to negotiate with the French.
    As a french, I can tell you that's the kind of skills we're actively seeking from our american partners! /s
    That andbeing able to put your head where the sun.... We love flexibility!

She used a comb instead of her fingers?
    My god, there's no way I could ever vote for her now!

Huff-Po needs to re-evaluate their standards on what constitutes a print worthy story.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    As a french, I can tell you that's the kind of skills we're actively seeking from our american partners! /s
    That andbeing able to put your head where the sun.... We love flexibility!
    Well, the French should love our current President. He's extremely flexible in that regard.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 02-23-2019 at 10:29 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I would have said thank you. gently reminded them next time, possibly in a half joking way, that a fork would have been helpful, then ate it with my fingers. More importantly, if I was traveling a lot for my job, I would carry supplies in my pocketbook, including travel utensils.

The point is, bad bosses expect that their employees do everything for them, including the things they can and should do for themselves. Bad bosses also go on the attack fro every little thing, instead of understanding that no one is perfect. Perfection does not exist in the real world.
    Not being snarky here, but it seems people are expecting perfection from Klobuchar and maybe glossing over possible chronic incompetence from some of her employees. I can tell you as a former manager that it can be extremely difficult to shoulder your own responsibilities and also have to constantly think and plan for those who should be able to follow basic instructions. Like others, I'm reserving judgement.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Not being snarky here, but it seems people are expecting perfection from Klobuchar and maybe glossing over possible chronic incompetence from some of her employees. I can tell you as a former manager that it can be extremely difficult to shoulder your own responsibilities and also have to constantly think and plan for those who should be able to follow basic instructions. Like others, I'm reserving judgement.
    I'll still reserve judgement, but if her turnover rate is as high as reported, then as President she'll be in the running against' Trump's record personnel (Staff and Cabinet) turnovers.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I'll still reserve judgement, but if her turnover rate is as high as reported, then as President she'll be in the running against' Trump's record personnel (Staff and Cabinet) turnovers.
    You make a valid point.

An Intercept writer calls for Dianne Feinstein's resignation.

https://twitter.com/KateAronoff/stat...80218961096709

This fits the idea that the video is part of a bad-faith campaign.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Klobuchar does have the worst turnover rate in the Senate.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ongress-476729

This fits the idea that she isn't just a typical congressional boss.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Here's what I hate about that edited Feinstein clip. It's what will turn some young people into conservatives. In fact, I think that's what got us so many young conservatives in the first place. They may have wanted to participate in liberal campaigns, but at some point in their childhood or adolescence, some Establishment Democrat was so dismissive of them that it turned them off to the Left side of politics. I hope none of the kids in that clip are fooled by those who selectively edited it, and that they all remember what really happened.

Huff-Po needs to re-evaluate their standards on what constitutes a print worthy story.

Well, the French should love our current President. He's extremely flexible in that regard.
    Well, remember how Trump eats his pizza:

The telling part for me are the reports that she would try to sabotage any staffers attempts to find work elsewhere. That reeks of petty vindictiveness, and we already know what that looks like when paired up with the power of a president.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Klobuchar does have the worst turnover rate in the Senate.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ongress-476729

This fits the idea that she isn't just a typical congressional boss.
    Let's not mistake that as an indication of bad management.
    We wouldn't assume that the Senator with the best retention rate is the best manager.
    The metric people should focus on is how effective she is as a Senator, not how popular she is with her staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The telling part for me are the reports that she would try to sabotage any staffers attempts to find work elsewhere. That reeks of petty vindictiveness, and we already know what that looks like when paired up with the power of a president.
    Another valid point.
    Time will tell whether these reports are true or false. I'd urge people to maintain common sense and an unbiased view when it comes to stories based on unnamed sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Well, remember how Trump eats his pizza:
    I'm sad to admit that I actually do remember this. No person should have to know these things.
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 02-23-2019 at 11:51 AM.

In some nicer news, a British man who has been taking care of a memorial site for ten US pilots who died in World War 2 gets for them the flyby they deserve.

https://twitter.com/BBC/status/1098930686055145472
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

R. Kelly had to hand in his passport and is out on bail. He is facing charges that could put him away for 7 years.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Incredible Member

Well, not to the point of voting for this joke! Nobody could be that stu... Hey! Wait a minute!