Page 809 of 985 FirstFirst ... 309709759799805806807808809810811812813819859909 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,135 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The most admired woman poll is winnable with 15 percent. You need more than that to be President.

Her poll numbers were largely based on her ability to stay out of domestic disputes as a Secretary of State. They were bound to go down the moment she ran for President, and stood in the way of others' preferred candidates, from Bernie to Trump (This is a bit similar to how Nikki Haley had a decent approval rating, which is guaranteed to decline when she runs for President and stands in the way of Democrats having four years in the White House.)

The biggest knock would be that she treated the other women poorly, especially when liberal politics has changed a bit to understand that they're victims of a power imbalance that allowed Bill to take advantage.

This is the problem for anyone in public life too long. Positions that are normal in the 90s can be seen as outrageous now.
    She was first lady during one of the most popular presidencies in my lifetime, she was a very popular senator from NY, she was very popular as Secretary of State and no other woman broke those 15 percent to become most admired in 2 decades.

Yet somehow you manage the cognitive dissonance to see all that as flukes.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    She was first lady during one of the most popular presidencies in my lifetime, she was a very popular senator from NY, she was very popular as Secretary of State and no other woman broke those 15 percent to become most admired in 2 decades.

That and his silence on the Benghazi and Email Kangaroo Courts the GOP put on.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That and his silence on the Benghazi and Email Kangaroo Courts the GOP put on.
    Don't you get it? Her popularity wold never have lasted, even without "her e-mails" and Benghazigatezi!

Because she is such a liar!

And all of her corruption!
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

I'm currently listing to McCabe's book. He's talking about his dealings with Sessions now so chapter 4. I'm not surprised but man it's always a bit of a doozy to hear just how single minded and racist he can be. Also how incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I'm currently listing to McCabe's book. He's talking about his dealings with Sessions now so chapter 4. I'm not surprised but man it's always a bit of a doozy to hear just how single minded and racist he can be. Also how incompetent.
    And he was one of the more competent of Trump's Sec.s. Which speaks volumes.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    No one is more symbolic of the GOP's war on women than Clinton though, they have been trying to manufacture scandals around her ever since her husband took office, going after any misstep, of which there were admittedly plenty, to try and tarnish her image and make her unelectable. This is almost the greatest compliment she could have received, because even as her own side was at best lukewarm on her as a candidate, the Republicans perceived her as a major threat, far more so than her husband, and has been focused on destroying her for the past 25 years. I only wish the Democrats would show the same level of dedication and focus in taking down their political enemies.
    The problem here is that no one in liberal media coordinates with the Democratic Party the way so many in conservative media coordinate with the Republican Party. Even before Trump, there were direct connections between Right Wing radio, FOX News and the GOP. That doesn't happen on our side because people like Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, etc. feel that to do so would be unethical. And they're probably right. But sometimes, if you want to win, you have to fight dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    Hillary had been perceived more as a co-president than the first lady of the United States. To Bill Clinton, she was more a partner in power than a supporter, which is the role of a wife. Apparently, She doesn't pay attention to the biblical verse Ephesians 5:22, that says "Wives, obey your husbands as you obey the Lord". She is too ambitious, too conceited and too power-hungry to support her husband.

It was Hillary who had the idea to appoint Janet Reno as U.S. Attorney General. She was the first First Lady to have an office in the West Wing. With such ambitious drive and short temper, she must have driven Bill mad. No wonder Bill cheated on Hillary. She could have divorced him but she saw the name "Clinton" is more important than her dignity. Besides, Hillary is too power-hungry to quit being the First Lady of the US, so she swallowed her pride and explicitly supported Bill in front of the Senate. With Hillary's support, Bill Clinton was acquitted by the US Senate.

Republicans are not foolish enough to underestimate Hillary's political ambition or her hunger for power.
    Don't pay attention to this phony. Here's what he recently posted on the "What Book have you read" thread:

"My Life (Bill Clinton autobiography) is over 1000 pages, so I could not finish reading it."

Aww, couldn't get through it 'cause it was too long. Maybe we have to dumb things down for Zetsobou the way the White House staff has to do to get Donnie Three-Times to read a national security memo.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Don't pay attention to this phony. Here's what he recently posted on the "What Book have you read" thread:

"My Life (Bill Clinton autobiography) is over 1000 pages, so I could not finish reading it."

Aww, couldn't get through it 'cause it was too long. Maybe we have to dumb things down for Zetsobou the way the White House staff has to do to get Donnie Three-Times to read a national security memo.
    Well he's not the only blindly partisan Clinton hater in this thread, nor will he be the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Well he's not the only blindly partisan Clinton hater in this thread, nor will he be the last.
    Well, sure, but I present it as yet another example of conservatives' dismissal of intellectualism. But considering how long some of Bill Clinton's speeches were when he was President, one shouldn't be surprised that his autobiography is over 1000 pages.

You didn't really address my point on her ability to stay out domestic fights as a Secretary of State.

Despite her earlier strengths she also lost a presidential primary to someone who had no real accomplishments and hadn't completed a term in statewide office. So there were clear weaknesses.

It is also worth noting that what's enough to make someone a major figure in politics won't necessarily be enough to get them to become the most important figure.

And before we get into the Trump comparison, he lucked into the nomination at the right time. Hillary got the nomination at a bad time (when the party had held the White House for two terms.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    They’re not traveling alone for one thing. And Trump has changed a number of policies, including indefinite separation of children from their parents, continued detainment to end “catch and release”, and making it so miserable that no migrants want to come here. (Basically Romney’s plan to end undocumented immigration, just with those who are refugees from their country.)

Right there, you can see how these changes in policy can deliver worse outcomes for these migrants—by design.
    This doesn't really address the health situation.

And is "catch and release" a reasonable solution, given that it allows people whose claims will be rejected to stay in the US for some time?

Really? Because I can’t name a single significant Liberal politician that would make the claim you do. I can, however, point to Steve King, David Duke, and Donald Trump as racists that have racist agendas with support from, and are active members of, the Republican Party. Indeed, just listen to this excerpt on Republican economic policy and its purpose from one of Reagan’s top aides:

The idea that economic policy is contrary to the environment has been articulated in numerous places, notably Naomi Klein's This Changes Everything: Capitalism VS The Environment.

https://www.thenation.com/article/ca...sm-vs-climate/

A member of Congress touted by the party as a rising star does suggest no one should have more money than ten million dollars.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_it_stop.html

The Southern Strategy point is a bit more complex, since he acknowledges some people are going to believe the abstractions, and he isn't suggesting the goal is to make things worse for brown people.

Not for this policy. The intent was clearly to harm migrants to deter immigration here. Trump’s administration even stated as much. His supporters have argued for it on that basis. Also, see the video above.
    Even the idea of deterring people from coming into the country with BS asylum claims can do more good than harm by discouraging people from making a dangerous journey with children.

Don't you get it? Her popularity wold never have lasted, even without "her e-mails" and Benghazigatezi!

Because she is such a liar!

And all of her corruption!
    Her emails were a serious problem.

I think she disqualified herself from public office by insisting on prosecuting an American citizen for making an anti-Islam film.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I like how Republicans go "Well she lost to a newbie" ignoring that they spent over 20 years transforming her into a monster in their voters eyes, also everything else that interfered with 2016 (Her lazy polling, Russia, Bernie, People voting to 'spite the establishment', Trumps numerous violations, Veritas and The Electoral College not doing its job)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    I like how Republicans go "Well she lost to a newbie" ignoring that they spent over 20 years transforming her into a monster in their voters eyes, also everything else that interfered with 2016 (Her lazy polling, Russia, Bernie, People voting to 'spite the establishment', Trumps numerous violations, Veritas and The Electoral College not doing its job)
    Its frightening how easy it is to manipulate the far right using bigotry, religious fervor and misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Its frightening how easy it is to manipulate the far right using bigotry, religious fervor and misinformation.
    Well it's worked throughout human history, so I guess they don't see any point in ditching a winning tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The problem here is that no one in liberal media coordinates with the Democratic Party the way so many in conservative media coordinate with the Republican Party. Even before Trump, there were direct connections between Right Wing radio, FOX News and the GOP. That doesn't happen on our side because people like Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, etc. feel that to do so would be unethical. And they're probably right. But sometimes, if you want to win, you have to fight dirty.
    Which is why I cringe whenever somebody (in the media or otherwise) tries to find "equivalents" of FoxNews of Breitbart on the left. They don't exist. I read somebody call Young Turks the equivalent of Breitbart, but Breitbart doesn't produce a FRACTION of the amount of friendly fire TYT does.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You didn't really address my point on her ability to stay out domestic fights as a Secretary of State.

No, I didn't. Because it was almost as stupid as:

Her emails were a serious problem.
    surejan.gif

Hillary was right!