Page 814 of 985 FirstFirst ... 314714764804810811812813814815816817818824864914 ... LastLast
Results 12,196 to 12,210 of 14769

Looks like somebody up there might be watching out for Jorge Ramos...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.2c4ca5a81274

Maduro detained journalists after they showed him video of people eating garbage, Univision says

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    So after Roger Stone posted that image of his judge with a sniper's crosshairs next to her last week, he tried blaming it on his "social media managers", but she called bulls*** on the excuse and laid the smack down on him. One of the things she ordered, at that point, was for Stone to name his "social media managers" to the court.

As it turns out, all four of Roger Stone's "social media managers" are Proud Boys. One of whom managed to get close enough to Trump to appear behind him while he gave a speech last week.

It's almost as if they have no problem with the fact that they're white nationalists, you know?
    WOW! The Trump administration? Chummy with white nationalists? Who knew? (said with tongue in cheek)

====================

Citing ‘No Justification,’ Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers Pulls National Guard Troops From Border

Evers is the third governor this month to reject President Trump’s claim of an immigration crisis. Good for him! More governors should follow this example. Meanwhile....

58 Former National Security Officials Decry Trump’s Border Wall And Bogus Emergency

President Donald Trump declared a national emergency earlier this month in order to bypass Congress and build his wall.

A Running List Of The Women Who’ve Accused Donald Trump Of Sexual Misconduct

On Oct. 8, 2016, The Washington Post published footage from 2005 of serial misogynist Donald Trump bragging that as a famous man, he can get away with anything. Like kissing women without waiting for permission. And grabbing women by the pussy. Trump has defended these comments, repeatedly, as “locker room talk.” When pressed by Anderson Cooper during the second presidential debate, he said that he absolutely had not sexually assaulted women.

But since Trump’s remarks emerged ― and well before then ― women have shared their allegations of sexual abuse against the Republican presidential nominee.

Trump and his administration have repeatedly denied all of the accusations, most recently tweeting that women he didn’t know were making “false accusations.” In October 2017, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders suggested that all of Trump’s accusers were lying.

Below is a working list of women who have accused him of sexual misconduct. These allegations span more than three decades, from the early 1980s to 2016, and are presented here based on the date they became public.

Jon Stewart Blasts Congress’ Inaction On 9/11 First Responders Bill: ‘It’s Bulls**t’

The comedian visited Capitol Hill to demand lawmakers pass funding for sick 9/11 first responders and their families. The fact there is such inaction at all is reprehensible.

Cardinal George Pell, Vatican Treasurer, Convicted Of Child Sexual Assault

Pell is the highest-ranking member of the Catholic Church to be convicted of such crimes. Only the Trump White House is a worse sewer than the Church.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As for the view, the specific goalpost was whether the purpose of policies was to hurt brown people. Someone saying that the effect in 1981 was that way doesn't demonstrate that it's the point, and further, that the majority want it for that reason.
    There's plenty of evidence that's the goal, Mets -- you just prefer to ignore it, which is why it's useless to discuss it with you.

And you have yet to explain why it's acceptable that Republicans routinely -- and illegally -- try to stop "brown people" from voting. You can make more excuses and claim that's not the goal but there's plenty of documentation directly from the mouths of many Republicans themselves that is exactly the goal, which is why Republcans like Steve King feel comfortable openly voicing support for white supremacy while the Republican president himself says little to nothing about domestic "white" terrorism, even when they are shooting up black churches and synagogues.

Republican voter suppression is not done to "make things better", Mets -- it is done to "hurt brown people" to the benefit of Republicans.

Unless you somehow think the suppression of the "minority" vote is for the "best" you really have no argument here.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-26-2019 at 05:11 AM.

Just adding that Republicans suppress other minorities as well, and would go after White Liberals if they could. But yeah, you would have to be blind to not see the truth.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    There's plenty of evidence that's the goal, Mets -- you just prefer to ignore it, which is why it's useless to discuss it with you.

And you have yet to explain why it's acceptable that Republicans routinely -- and illegally -- try to stop "brown people" from voting. You can make more excuses and claim that's not the goal but there's plenty of documentation directly from the mouths of many Republicans themselves that is exactly the goal, which is why Republcans like Steve King feel comfortable openly voicing support for white supremacy while the Republican president himself says little to nothing about domestic "white" terrorism, even when they are shooting up black churches and synagogues.

Republican voter suppression is not done to "make things better", Mets -- it is done to "hurt brown people" to the benefit of Republicans.

Unless you somehow think the suppression of the "minority" vote is for the "best" you really have no argument here.
    He's demonstrated time and again that he's got a blindspot the size of the grand canyon when it comes to issue that impact non-white people.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    After Spike Lee gave a passionate speech at the Oscars telling people to choose love over hate and to be on the right side of history in 2020 ...Trump proclaimed Spike Lee a racist. Which honestly shows what a fucking clown he's became.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...xb_lVLDl0b77js
    Spike Lee didn't even mention Trump by name. His message was just to go out and vote and to let Love win over Hate. He had those on his hands with those knuckle jewelry Hate and Love. I wonder, since Spike is into movie history, when he used that in his movie "Do the Right Thing", it was an homage to Charles Laughton's only film, "Night of the Hunter" where Robert Mitchum played a lying, murderous false preacher Harry Powell.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-26-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Spike Lee didn't even mention Trump by name. His message was just to go out and vote and to let Love win over Hate.
    That's the thing. Trump, perpetually thin-skinned and gripped by paranoia, mistook Spike's words as a direct shot at him because of accusations that Caramel Caligula supports white supremacists and hate groups, which, in fact, he does.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Spike Lee didn't even mention Trump by name. His message was just to go out and vote and to let Love win over Hate. He had those on his hands with those knuckle Hate and Love. I wonder, since Spike is into movie history, when he used that in his movie "Do the Right Thing", it was an homage to Charles Laughton's only film, "Night of the Hunter" where Robert Mitchum played a lying, murderous false preacher Harry Powell.

I
    Considering he went to NYU Film School, there is no way he was not aware.

And it speaks volumes that Trump automatically assumed that "choosing hate" meant voting for him. Even Trump acknowledges he is a racist.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Spike Lee didn't even mention Trump by name. His message was just to go out and vote and to let Love win over Hate. He had those on his hands with those knuckle Hate and Love. I wonder, since Spike is into movie history, when he used that in his movie "Do the Right Thing", it was an homage to Charles Laughton's only film, "Night of the Hunter" where Robert Mitchum played a lying, murderous false preacher Harry Powell.
    I've always assumed it had to be. Niht of the Hunter remains such a favorite of mine.

Leaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnng.. .

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Considering he went to NYU Film School, there is no way he was not aware.

And it speaks volumes that Trump automatically assumed that "choosing hate" meant voting for him. Even Trump acknowledges he is a racist.
    I guess I phrased that poorly. I meant to say I was pretty sure that's what Spike Lee was referencing. But I would add that I bet a lot in the viewing audience didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I've always assumed it had to be. Night of the Hunter remains such a favorite of mine.

Leaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnng.. .
    Mine too. I make a point to watch it whenever it comes on. Mitchum made that hymn sound like a forboding of evil. Or the way he'd say "Chillllllll...dren"

It's a shame that as Charles Laughton's first time directing a film, that it was considered a failure at the time. Look at the scene where Robert Mitchum's character (a great performance BTW) kills his new bride Shelly Winters. The shadows in the room ressemble the steeple of a church.

I think it's pretty funny that Spike Lee is linking Trump to fake Preacher Harry Powell.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 02-26-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    So after Roger Stone posted that image of his judge with a sniper's crosshairs next to her last week, he tried blaming it on his "social media managers", but she called bulls*** on the excuse and laid the smack down on him. One of the things she ordered, at that point, was for Stone to name his "social media managers" to the court.

As it turns out, all four of Roger Stone's "social media managers" are Proud Boys. One of whom managed to get close enough to Trump to appear behind him while he gave a speech last week.

It's almost as if they have no problem with the fact that they're white nationalists, you know?
    I kinda think of the Proud Boys more useful idiots for the alt right more than anything else. Although I am aware that certain watchdog groups have labelled them a hate group, hence Gavin McGinness having to distance himself from a group that he in fact started.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Just adding that Republicans suppress other minorities as well, and would go after White Liberals if they could. But yeah, you would have to be blind to not see the truth.
    There is likely less of an inclination to "hurt" other white people because that might hit too close to home -- it's a pragmatic view but still one steeped in racism.

Also, I didn't mean to insinuate that "brown people" were their only targets but that aspect of Republican policy is probably one of the easiest to identify.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-26-2019 at 10:41 AM.

It's a shame that as Charles Laughton's first time directing a film, that it was considered a failure at the time. Look at the scene where Robert Mitchum's character (a great performance BTW) kills his new bride Shelly Winters. The shadows in the room ressemble the steeple of a church.
    It was the only film he ever directed.

A true travesty.

Spike Lee didn't even mention Trump by name. His message was just to go out and vote and to let Love win over Hate. He had those on his hands with those knuckle jewelry Hate and Love. I wonder, since Spike is into movie history, when he used that in his movie "Do the Right Thing", it was an homage to Charles Laughton's only film, "Night of the Hunter" where Robert Mitchum played a lying, murderous false preacher Harry Powell.
    Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    That's the thing. Trump, perpetually thin-skinned and gripped by paranoia, mistook Spike's words as a direct shot at him because of accusations that Caramel Caligula supports white supremacists and hate groups, which, in fact, he does.
    Black KKKlansman definitely parallels between the events of the film that surrounded David Duke's political campaigns and trying to pretend he wasn't a white nationalist while saying all the things he did, and present day. It shows how investigators were looking both into supposed "militant black supremacists" on college campuses in Colorado, and how the KKK were operating practically in plain sight while planning attacks. The epilogue starts with a cross-burning, then flashes to footage of Charlottesville, followed by Trump echoing the sorts of remarks Duke does through the whole film at his rallies, and the Trump Tower speech where he declared "both sides" were responsible for the violence.

Spike Lee getting to WIN was enough to sting the thin-skinned one. How dare he insinuate he was racist in his film and WIN for it. The nerve, right?

Also, if you haven't seen Black KKKlansman, highly recommended. Just brace yourself for that epilogue, because f***, it's tough to take in an edited supercut.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Get ready for 72 hours of news coverage of Michael Cohen in front of a Democratic House hearing. And expect the Dumbass-in-Chief to fail to resist yelling about it on Twitter, and potentially earning himself more obstruction of justice charges.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.