Page 82 of 985 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182582 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 14769

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trump warns of stock market crash if he's ever impeached: 'I think everybody would be very poor'

Watching MSNBC, like I often do [I like their personalities], and the discussion of this boiled down to 'If Pence suddenly became President, the economy and the Stock Markets would continue as the have been, maybe even better since there would be no crazy tweets.'
    A head of state being impeached or removed not via elections has always caused market volatility.

He is right. Just not in the way he wants it to be (that the resulting dip will be because he's doing a good job).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The problem is that none of them are running. Not Biden. Not Sanders. Not Warren. Once the nominee has been selected, you can bet on FOX News to smear them 24/7. And if you don't think that will effect the polls, you're just hopelessly naive.
    Well, I hate to burst your bubble but it didn't work on Obama.

As long as they don't pick one of those 3, Fox won't have decades of fake news points to spew.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    A head of state being impeached or removed not via elections has always caused market volatility.

He is right. Just not in the way he wants it to be (that the resulting dip will be because he's doing a good job).

Well, I hate to burst your bubble but it didn't work on Obama.

As long as they don't pick one of those 3, Fox won't have decades of fake news points to spew.
    People have to realize that Obama’s was...

1. Exciting for the base and gave off a more progressive vibe than he actually was
    2. Came out of nowhere with the GOP expected Hillary
    3. Was facing an old establishment guy who didn’t excite the Republican base
    4. Had the benefit of the economy tanking at a historic level under his oppositions party right before the election

Those things all helped him in a way where he had a ton of momentum.

A Fox News Poll of registered voters shows 59% greatly approve of the Mueller investigation, 30% approve, 8% disapprove, 1% greatly disapprove, 2% undecided.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/news/403...s-by-11-points

You wouldn't get that from them if you watched their coverage.

Also ...

Sessions calls out Trump.
    “I took control of the Department of Justice the day I was sworn in, which is why we have had unprecedented success at effectuating the President’s agenda.”

And another hit to 45 ...

David Pecker Granted Immunity in Cohen Case: Publishing executive met with prosecutors to describe involvement of Cohen, Trump in hush-money deals to women ahead of 2016 election.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    People have to realize that Obama’s was...

1. Exciting for the base and gave off a more progressive vibe than he actually was
    2. Came out of nowhere with the GOP expected Hillary
    3. Was facing an old establishment guy who didn’t excite the Republican base
    4. Had the benefit of the economy tanking at a historic level under his oppositions party right before the election

Those things all helped him in a way where he had a ton of momentum.
    That is my point.

As long as one of those 3 aren't running, Fox is going to be facing the same zeitgeist in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So yeah, Trump just admitted to a federal crime.
    Violating campaign finance laws, and admitting to bribery in an effort to protect his campaign.

So regardless of the Russia connections or not, that is grounds for impeachment and a day in court with Muller. Admitting it came from his organization's pockets can also give Muller incentive to look into Trump's finances and should Trump have moved any Russian items of note through the company, this is going to end horribly for him and his family.

This is why I was asking earlier if anyone knew for certain that Meuller had Trumps tax returns.
    Basically for evidence regarding the reported influx of hundreds of millions of dollars from various real-estate deals the Trump organization made with Russian Oligarchs in the last few years .
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-23-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    That is my point.

As long as one of those 3 aren't running, Fox is going to be facing the same zeitgeist in 2020.
    Well the issue is

-Trump still excites the Republican base
    -the economy could be pretty good come 2020
    -who knows how appealing the Dem candidate will be.

I thought the Dems were a lock to win 2004, then they nominated safe Kerry. This could give me 2004 vibes. Unpopular President who won under controversy with a relatively stable economy who was benefitting off the short term success of tax cuts (where he would be gone before the ramifications) facing someone who isn’t terribly appealing to the Democratic base. Sounds very similar

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    [/B]
    This is why I was asking earlier if anyone knew for certain that Meuller had Trumps tax returns.
    Basically for evidence regarding the reported influx of hundreds of millions of dollars from various real-estate deals the Trump organization made with Russian Oligarchs in the last few years .
    According to what I've read, Muller would have to have it for the kind of investigation he is doing and wouldn't have to announce he has them.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

BREAKING: Federal prosecutors have reportedly granted immunity to David Pecker, CEO of American Media, Inc., as part of the investigation into Trump’s former personal attorney, Michael Cohen
    Hmmmmmmm, how interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Well the issue is

-Trump still excites the Republican base
    -the economy could be pretty good come 2020
    -who knows how appealing the Dem candidate will be.

I thought the Dems were a lock to win 2004, then they nominated safe Kerry. This could give me 2004 vibes. Unpopular President who won under controversy with a relatively stable economy who was benefitting off the short term success of tax cuts (where he would be gone before the ramifications) facing someone who isn’t terribly appealing to the Democratic base. Sounds very similar
    W didn't have the threat of impeachment DUE TO ACTUAL CRIMES that 45 has.

Big difference.

W, much like Obama, had a lot of fists-in-the-air hand wringing.

45 has actual people WITHIN his circle being convicted of major crimes and pleading guilty to major crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    [/B]
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    According to what I've read, Muller would have to have it for the kind of investigation he is doing and wouldn't have to announce he has them.
    That's why I said I think Team Mueller has "seen" them.

See the Donald is arguing that if he’s impeached market will crash.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDogindy View Post
    For you, I'll discuss. I just get tired of people whose arguments essentially boil down to "You voted wrong, you made everyone suffer with your selfishness", even after I explained the reasoning for my actions.

Honestly, my reasoning was that, at the time, my interest in Hillary, Trump, and Stein was like looking at some "fruit in yogurt" cup at a local coffee shop where mold was actually growing inside, and I went and grabbed a biscuit sandwich from a fast food joint instead, which was Johnson. Trump was obviously the obnoxious man-child, so there was no way I was going to support a sideshow attraction. I had trust issues with Hillary, and the fact that I had voted Bernie in the primaries might have hindered my opinion to Hillary if you wanna look at it, but my logic at the time was that I was looking at the overall health of the two main candidates and the possibility they might keel over within four years. Trump's obviously the antithesis of health, as he only eats steak and McDonalds, sleeps four hours a day (which is too much for him), and golf isn't a physical activity if you drive to the ball after each shot. Hillary had recently dealt with the stroke, and given that my brother himself was a stroke victim, that gave me some mental trepidation. Obviously, this may sound silly to you, but that's how I reacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There are no reports that Hillary Clinton had a stroke.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    See the Donald is arguing that if he’s impeached market will crash.
    It probably would. Removing a sitting president for doing crimes would have send shockwaves through every corner of society.
    It's not like he's actively doing anything to prop up the markets though, Trump is a parasite, so I imagine it would be a short crash.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Now I'm wondering how many Third Party voters used the National Enquirer as their main source of news.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Ultimate Member

For those who continually claim that Democrats need to take a stand -- many already are and it's up to us as voters to stand with them.

-----

"The Democratic nominee in the 2018 Texas Senate race, Beto O'Rourke, responds to a veteran's question about whether NFL players should kneel during the national anthem."
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 08-23-2018 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    The problem is that none of them are running. Not Biden. Not Sanders. Not Warren. Once the nominee has been selected, you can bet on FOX News to smear them 24/7. And if you don't think that will effect the polls, you're just hopelessly naive.
    For people not on that list,
    I'm still about President Duckworth or President Harris. I've seen some push back against Sen. Chris Murphy lately, and he'd also be great, but I realize that they'll get every gun-humper out there petrified to have someone who is motivated to do right by the country after Newtown. I'd be proud, but I realize it would reinvigorate the traitorous terrorist organization known as the NRA.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.