Page 876 of 985 FirstFirst ... 376776826866872873874875876877878879880886926976 ... LastLast
Results 13,126 to 13,140 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Business friends not real friends
    Which business where the Clintons (no apostrophe, btw) and the Trumps involved in together then, oh squire of the puddle?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    I haven't seen any of these here (or anywhere else) either. Then again, I was utterly shocked to find out that 25% of them voted for McCain, too! It's likely that I know a Hillary supporter who voted for him, but I've never actually heard anybody say that they did so.
    I've been just as critical of Sanders as anyone. But I would never stay home, let alone vote against, Sanders if he went up against Trump. Which, I guess, might make him a more viable candidate because you won't have so many so-called "resisters" to the Trump Administration defecting from the party in order to allow Trump another term out of spite. Meanwhile, there are a lot of people who pledge to not vote for the nominee. Happily, even some people that have been pretty huge Sanders supporters, seem to understand that they will vote for the eventual nominee, whomever it is. There are still a small segment, though, that I think should make us cautious about how we approach this primary cycle.

I hope they will have learned something by the time Election Day rolls around. I haven't heard any from the #neverhillary crowd say that they would vote for any other candidate who isn't as far left as Bernie if they won the nomination, though, so I know there are a ton of people who haven't learned anything.
    There are a lot of people from the Jimmy Dore crowd that basically are of the thought process that we need to continue to suffer until we are ready for a leftist savior to bail us out of the mess we are in. Forget the fact that they were the ones complicit in causing the pain--they want to be the ones who ultimately solve it with their policies when it gets so bad that only their policies can be perceived as effective--and probably rightly so at that point. How many people have to die, lose health care, and fail to get out of poverty traps before that happens though?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    She gets to feel special in spite of being mediocre.
    Speaking of mediocre tokens with absolutely zero worth to mankind, whatever happened to Stacey Dash, another Faux News leftie basher? What about Diamond and Silk (or, as I call them, Cut Glass and Burlap)? Do those heifers still crawl out from under their rocks on occasion?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Nah I think a lot of upper crusty Clinton supporters had an issue with the black guy
    Also a lot of poor white people in Kentucky and West Virginia. In 2008, there were a lot of white Democrats in those two states who voted for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Primaries who said that they voted that way because they would never vote for a Black man for President.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Business friends not real friends
    Shit, Dolt45 doesn't even have that much. More like hangers on, sycophants, bootlickers and butt munchers.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    There are a lot of people from the Jimmy Dore crowd that basically are of the thought process that we need to continue to suffer until we are ready for a leftist savior to bail us out of the mess we are in. Forget the fact that they were the ones complicit in causing the pain--they want to be the ones who ultimately solve it with their policies when it gets so bad that only their policies can be perceived as effective--and probably rightly so at that point. How many people have to die, lose health care, and fail to get out of poverty traps before that happens though?
    Exactly! I'm not so sure if groups like The Green Party are even interested in winning Elections so much as destroying our current government.......and helping Republicans win is the fastest way to do this.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Exactly! I'm not so sure if groups like The Green Party are even interested in winning Elections so much as destroying our current government.......and helping Republicans win is the fastest way to do this.
    The problem with the Green Party is that it functions as a political party the way the social media left does. A coalition of people yelling at each other over tiny disagreements over what to prioritize and whether to concentrate on local or national politics, etc etc.

Mighty Member

I don't know how large it will be, but roughly 25% of them voted for McCain in 2008, and they tend to hate Sanders a whole lot more than they did Obama. Also, people tend to not think of their vote as having much of an impact on the Election individually, and this fact might abet their decision to cast a 'fuck you, Bernie' vote.
    I don't think we can apply pre-2016 logic to now. Most people who don't think their vote really counts don't vote at all to begin with. Plus, if Hillary supporters want to vote out of spite, I am positive that there is more than enough spite for Trump to go around. Even if they view Bernie as the enemy, I cannot imagine them giving their vote to Trump, who is also and moreso their enemy. I assume any spite for Bernie pales next to spite and disdain for Trump.

So I would assume those people who view Bernie as the enemy and therefore don't want to vote for him, would not vote, versus voting for Trump to spite Bernie.

And in that instance, those people would be assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I don't think we can apply pre-2016 logic to now. Most people who don't think their vote really counts don't vote at all to begin with. Plus, if Hillary supporters want to vote out of spite, I am positive that there is more than enough spite for Trump to go around. Even if they view Bernie as the enemy, I cannot imagine them giving their vote to Trump, who is also and moreso their enemy. I assume any spite for Bernie pales next to spite and disdain for Trump.

So I would assume those people who view Bernie as the enemy and therefore don't want to vote for him, would not vote, versus voting for Trump to spite Bernie.

And in that instance, those people would be assholes.
    But anyone who wouldn't vote for Beto O'Rourke and Kamala Harris against Donald Trump wouldn't be an asshole according to certain people on this thread, right?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Mighty Member

Kamala Harris.
    Last edited by ZombieHavoc; 03-15-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Yikes.

Just in: @BernieSanders campaign informed the press that the senator will proceed with his schedule after hitting his head on a glass shower door this morning. He went to a walk-in clinic and received 7 stitches. The notice says he was given a "clean bill of health".
    https://twitter.com/laurenegambino/s...03145520648193

I'm guessing we won't get endless conspiracy theories about him having had a stroke, because he is not Hillary.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Mighty Member

One thing I do wish people on both sides would stop doing is calling eachother traitors based on their voting preference.

It's like 97% of people have no actual interest in ever moving past this ever increasing division.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    One thing I do wish people on both sides would stop doing is calling eachother traitors based on their voting preference.

It's like 97% of people have no actual interest in ever moving past this ever increasing division.
    Well, one side voted for the candidate a hostile foreign power wanted to win.

Hillary was right!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wonder what Owens gets out of being a Faux News token who's hauled out in front of the cameras to bash the left on cue like a trained seal?
    She gets a fat paycheck! I've said before, she obviously doesn't know anything about politics let alone conservative policies, she constantly is shown to be a hypocrite, and keeps sticking her foot oin her mouth. Yet her fans seem to think she's some great truth teller or pundit or something. It's clearly a colossal scam but it's continues to work for her.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    She gets to feel special in spite of being mediocre.
    Oh, I suppose you don't think being the leader of "Blexit" is special? Harumph!