Page 883 of 985 FirstFirst ... 383783833873879880881882883884885886887893933983 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 14769
    Astonishing Member

Whats with all the hate for Bernie?

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Paul's making a long joke about how the media isn't covering Bernie the same way they did Hillary. However if that qualifies as hate, then some folks here must actively loathe Beto.

If you are talking about something else, beware! You might have just fallen victim to the divisiveness being spread by those who claim to be Bernie supporters. Do your research if you are unsure.

There is a differnce between Hate and suggesting a Presidential Candidate invest in a comb.

After I heard the stories about Amy Klobuchar, I have said and have considered sending her a travel utensil set so that she doesn't have to eat her food with a comb.

I responded to an email poll about Cory Booker by saying he was a 'Nice Guy', but that I wasn't convinced he had the ability to stand up to someone like Putin in a face-to-face meeting. I was concerned he'd spend too much time preaching to Putin about love and faith, and not enough about 'If you attack this country, we will take you down, hard.'

And so on.....

There are issues about every candidate. Every voter has the right to rate the candidates how they see fit. Personally, I dont see Bernie as being Fit for the office of President. Then again, I also feel the same way about Kirsten Gillibrand, Tulsi Gabbard, Marianne Williamson, and Andrew Yang. There may be others, I doubt the list of possible contenders is complete yet.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Ultimate Member

Maybe it's more of a love for proper hair care -- after all, this is the person we are electing to represent us on the world stage.

Personally, I just don't think it's smart to look like that disheveled when you want to be taken seriously, but that's just my take on it.

I can see where it wouldn't matter to some people though, given his politics.

-----
    "Why Bernie Sanders won't brush his hair"

"I think he's been asked more times than he cares about," says Symone Sanders, national press secretary for Sanders' presidential campaign. "He doesn't think his hair is pertinent news to Americans."

Still, hair is as important to a political campaign as policies are. A 2007 study at Princeton University showed that the outcome of 70 percent of political races could be predicted simply by showing voters photos of two candidates in various races. In other words, voters made snap judgements on who they'd vote for based on how they looked.

But that's exactly the point Sanders is trying to make. "I think it's refreshing," Symone Sanders admits. "It's just Bernie going out there and being Bernie."

https://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/amer...182829693.html
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-16-2019 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    How will I live.
    LOL. I, for one, have never blocked anyone on any social media or message board. I figure, how hard is it to just skip past their posts? As long as they don't try to bully me in the real world, why should I care what they say online?

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    He's going for that "just invented the flux capacitor" look.
    "Marty, we have to go back to 1955, when the marginal tax rate was 90% for people making over $1,000,000 a year!"
    Last edited by Malvolio; 03-16-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    "Marty, we have to go back to 1955, when the marginal tax rate was 90% for people making over $1,000,000 a year!"
    Bernie would never get to use a time machine, dude would be held at gun point by far right lunatics who want to return to the 50s where they can be superior to African Americans

More horrible news for our little blue planet.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...ushpmg00000013

Sadly the US will do nothing about this.

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Same thing happened in the UK in the 90s. John Presscot thought someone had thrown a rock at him and thought the yolk was blood so he lashed out.
    It's an interesting comparison because it illustrates the differences. Prescott (who I don't like) was egged at close range by a significantly larger farmer in his 30s. (Granted, Prescott did have amateur boxing experience.) After an initial controversy I think people cut him a bit of slack (and if anything it may have increased his popularity).

This Australian politician (who is I guess also in his 60s) turned round, looked at the much smaller youth who egged him, threw a punch with some deliberation, and followed up with another one, before his supporters piled on.

That said, if you egg someone at close range, I don't think you can be very surprised that the person you egg may well retaliate violently.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It’s not hate, rather, it’s pointing out how Bernie looks more like the crazy Uncle who lives up in the attic instead of a presidential candidate. While appearance is mostly superficial, dammit, at least present a neat and polished image.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    It’s not hate, rather, it’s pointing out how Bernie looks more like the crazy Uncle who lives up in the attic instead of a presidential candidate. While appearance is mostly superficial, dammit, at least present a neat and polished image.
    Messy hair, messy mind.

Combing one's hair is not the same as what Trump does to try to make himself look younger than he is (Though it only makes him look even stranger, like a fuzzy, moldy orange on the verge of decomposition).
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Sadly this is true. While a person’s appearance shouldn’t effect the outcome of a vote, image is important in a political race. Kennedy being more tv friendly in 1960 gave him an edge over sweaty Nixon and his 5 o’clock shadow. Bernie’s opponents like to label him as a crazy old man. With his hair looking very Doc Brown-like and a fresh wound on his head, he’s playing right into that. Most voters don’t give a crap what he looks like but I’m sure there are undecided voters (aka morons) who will judge a book by its cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Messy hair, messy mind.

Combing one's hair is not the same as what Trump does to try to make himself look younger than he is (Though it only makes him look even stranger, like a fuzzy, moldy orange on the verge of decomposition).
    Trump is on the opposite end of the old man looks spectrum. He has that desperate old rich guy trying to appear young look. With the ridiculous hair and orange spray tan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Trump is on the opposite end of the old man looks spectrum. He has that desperate old rich guy trying to appear young look. With the ridiculous hair and orange spray tan.
    Who in their right mind actually finds that to be attractive though? Sure rich old guys will usually be doing something with their hair, but I can't think of a single other person that goes for the bleach blonde and spray tan look at his age. It's just weird and a perfect example of why you shouldn't just surround yourself with professional ass kissers who tell you that everything you do is the greatest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Knowing literally nothing about the politician or his policies or virtually anything about him, just being a completely objective bystander I really feel no sympathy for the teenager. Should he have lost it and went after him? No. Do I understand it? Yeah.

Now maybe if I knew more about the politician I’d feel differently. But I think that’s what most people should expect if they go up to someone from behind and crack an egg on someone’s head. Most countries would also consider what the teenager did provocation if not assault
    Yeah, maybe you would.

For a start, this man, in his first speech to Parliament, called for a "final solution" to Muslim immigration. This is a man whose bigoted white supremacist rhetoric has contributed to the climate of hate that led to the terrorist attack in Christchurch this week. This is a man who openly consorts with Actual Goddamn Nazis.

The c***'s lucky it was just an egg.
    Last edited by Spike-X; 03-16-2019 at 04:38 PM.

Shorter Fraser Anning:

"When Muslims attack other people, it's because Muslims are bad. When other people attack Muslims, it's because Muslims are bad."