Page 884 of 985 FirstFirst ... 384784834874880881882883884885886887888894934984 ... LastLast
Results 13,246 to 13,260 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yeah, you would. So maybe reserve expressing an opinion until you know what you're talking about.

For a start, this man, in his first speech to Parliament, called for a "final solution" to Muslim immigration. This is a man whose bigoted white supremacist rhetoric has contributed to the climate of hate that led to the terrorist attack in Christchurch this week. This is a man who openly consorts with Actual Goddamn Nazis.

The c***'s lucky it was just an egg.
    I know literally nothing about K-Pop, just being a completely objective bystander I really feel that there is not enough cowbell.

Now maybe if I knew more about the music I’d feel differently.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Whats with all the hate for Bernie?
    That's not really hate. If I hate someone, there's more swearing and fewer pop culture references.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Do people here agree with the young Sanders supporter who accused Chelsea Clinton of being responsible for the New Zealand massacre at a wake for its victims?
    Is this a serious question, or did you hit your head in the shower?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Is this a serious question, or did you hit your head in the shower?
    Have you met some of the posters here?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Sadly this is true. While a person’s appearance shouldn’t effect the outcome of a vote, image is important in a political race. Kennedy being more tv friendly in 1960 gave him an edge over sweaty Nixon and his 5 o’clock shadow. Bernie’s opponents like to label him as a crazy old man. With his hair looking very Doc Brown-like and a fresh wound on his head, he’s playing right into that. Most voters don’t give a crap what he looks like but I’m sure there are undecided voters (aka morons) who will judge a book by its cover.
    Forgot about the JFK-Nixon parallel, but yeah, someone in Bernie’s camp needs to remind him that there are people who, unfortunately, WILL base their opinion on a candidate mostly on appearance, a department Sanders comes up woefully short in. That doesn’t matter to me, but it does to others.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Have you met some of the posters here?
    No. I haven't met any of the posters here.

I have met some people who used to post here. That was a long time ago, though.

NY AG: President Trump Must Personally Pay $8.4 Million to Settle Lawsuit Against Trump Foundation

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile...mp-foundation/

I wonder if he even has that much available cash?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Who in their right mind actually finds that to be attractive though? Sure rich old guys will usually be doing something with their hair, but I can't think of a single other person that goes for the bleach blonde and spray tan look at his age. It's just weird and a perfect example of why you shouldn't just surround yourself with professional ass kissers who tell you that everything you do is the greatest thing ever.

WHOO!

Fox has taken Pirro and her show off the air.

The amount of adverts lost spooked them.

Tucker's show appears to be getting taken off the air next.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Fox has taken Pirro and her show off the air.

The amount of adverts lost spooked them.

Tucker's show appears to be getting taken off the air next.
    Without their white power hours what will Fox do?!

So that this piece might get the looks that it actually deserves...

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...id-morons.html

Beto O'Rourke Is the Candidate For Vapid Morons
    If, on the other hand, you shuddered in something like horror, get ready for a nightmarish year of watching this candidate attract the most superficial, issue-ignorant, aesthetically inclined simpletons disguised as thoughtful voters. Watch them flock to him like moths to a flame.
    It's not policy-oriented, and it's not identity-based. He's independently rich, and despite his grab at exoticism by transforming “Robert” into “Beto,” he's white. As the Vanity Fair piece noted, he won his first House race by “drawing a large number of white Republican voters to his cause, which deepened suspicion from left-leaning Chicano activists.” Representing a safe Democratic district, he nevertheless voted with Republicans 167 times in six years. Even before then, on the El Paso City Council, he was carrying water for his rich Republican father-in-law, who wanted to gentrify the downtown district using eminent domain, destroy affordable housing, and build a Wal-Mart and Target:
    On a policy level, he’s one of the most conservative Democrats in the field. He doesn’t concretely support Medicare for All, except in some “it would be great, eventually!” sense. He voted against free public college. He makes vague noises about liking the Green New Deal without signing on. He gets money from oil and gas executives, and thus he won’t take a hard position against fossil fuels. He folded on the Israel Iron Dome question under the slightest pressure, he voted to let Obama negotiate the Trans-Pacific Partnership (which cost him the AFL-CIO endorsement in his race against Cruz), and the sheer amount of awful Republican bills he’s supported is enough to fill an entire article.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post

WHOO!
    Ok while this is a weird thing to discuss years ago , many years ago in the early 2000's when Flair was coming into the WWF for that 2nd time he had hinted at a possible run for Governor of North Carolina. This was before Flair would divorce his 2nd wife and see his money issues explode into public as well as issues with girlfriends etc. Flair is still popular in NC but then given his name and all ...people seriously brought it up that Ric Flair could run for governor and possibly win. But he never did and the issues we saw would have been too much for him to get in.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So that this piece might get the looks that it actually deserves...

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...id-morons.html
    I will say that it isn’t particularly productive to be calling a sizeable segment of people that will be needed to fall behind the candidate for “intelligent” people morons. Imagine if someone said Sanders was the candidate for morons. A number of people, even those who don’t like Bernie, would rightly be calling them out.

O’Rourke is running a campaign without PAC and SuperPAC money. Just like Sanders, he can still receive donations of $2,700 though. Are these contributions enough to have a lot in his war chest? Not really. So, asserting that someone who disagrees with you is really just disagreeing with you because they got bought off and not because *gasp* they don’t always think you’re right is especially asinine here. O’Rourke is only “the most conservative in the field” because the field is so full of predominantly left-leaning politicians that have never really run in a tight general election before. It is also worth noting that people that understand economics and the need for creative destruction, specialization, and diversification as well as environmental protections enforced through trade provisions that benefit industrailizing countries, probably wouldn’t dismiss O’Rourke for supporting free trade. (For my part, I haven’t really had a solid argument given to me as to why the TPP was so bad that hadn’t been informed almost entirely by propaganda or had been pointing to issues within the way that we personally deal with unemployment and job training rather than actual issues with the particular deal.) Additionally, I think measured approaches are certainly fair approaches. You can disagree. But that doesn’t make the person a “moron” for supporting that approach.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    I will say that it isn’t particularly productive to be calling a sizeable segment of people that will be needed to fall behind the candidate for “intelligent” people morons. Imagine if someone said Sanders was the candidate for morons. A number of people, even those who don’t like Bernie, would rightly be calling them out.

O’Rourke is running a campaign without PAC and SuperPAC money. Just like Sanders, he can still receive donations of $2,700 though. Are these contributions enough to have a lot in his war chest? Not really. So, asserting that someone who disagrees with you is really just disagreeing with you because they got bought off and not because *gasp* they don’t always think you’re right is especially asinine here. O’Rourke is only “the most conservative in the field” because the field is so full of predominantly left-leaning politicians that have never really run in a tight general election before. It is also worth noting that people that understand economics and the need for creative destruction, specialization, and diversification as well as environmental protections enforced through trade provisions that benefit industrailizing countries, probably wouldn’t dismiss O’Rourke for supporting free trade. (For my part, I haven’t really had a solid argument given to me as to why the TPP was so bad that hadn’t been informed almost entirely by propaganda or had been pointing to issues within the way that we personally deal with unemployment and job training rather than actual issues with the particular deal.) Additionally, I think measured approaches are certainly fair approaches. You can disagree. But that doesn’t make the person a “moron” for supporting that approach.
    The thing is, Beto's campaign isn't really based on any particular policy stances and is more just trying to repeat the formula he used during the Senate race of trading on his youth, looks, and charisma. And while that approach might work to an extent when your opponent is a sentient blobfish, it isn't going to get you far in a presidential primary field that already has plenty of more seasoned and serious candidates running already. The early projections were already showing an uphill battle against Cornyn if he decided to run for Senate again, and that loss would probably mean the permanent end of his political star, because at the end of the day you don't get any credit for just coming close no matter how badly the deck is stacked against you. And so rather than going through that again, he decided that he might as well take the long shot presidential bid, stay in the spotlight for the next year and a half or so, and see if he can build up a solid network of supporters that can carry him to a cabinet post or even a VP nomination. But I doubt that even his most diehard supporters really think that he has any chance of becoming president or that he's the most qualified person out there to lead the country.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    The thing is, Beto's campaign isn't really based on any particular policy stances and is more just trying to repeat the formula he used during the Senate race of trading on his youth, looks, and charisma.
    Exactly.

If anything, the actual past we have points to that he's a guy who married into a boatload of money and has conducted what political career he has had like that is the case.

Which is the exact opposite of what is coming out of his mouth these days.

You can disagree with Amy Klobuchar, but it's not like there is that level of disconnect in her Presidential run.