Page 898 of 985 FirstFirst ... 398798848888894895896897898899900901902908948 ... LastLast
Results 13,456 to 13,470 of 14769
    Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I assume all of this talk about the campaign contributions is just setting up for claims that the DNC rigged the primary in Beto's favor if he does happen to get the nom.
    As has already been mentioned, Jeb Bush was gangbusters when it came to raising cash and he's no more President of the United States today than you or I am. Sure, having a fat war chest is important as running for the highest office in the land is a costly endeavor, but money alone doesn't guarantee you a shot at the Oval Office.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I assume all of this talk about the campaign contributions is just setting up for claims that the DNC rigged the primary in Beto's favor if he does happen to get the nom.
    Bernie supporters have to be worried.

- He's young.

- He's dynamic as a speaker.

- He's got a lure to the middle of the country where he's touring to get that support.

- He is seen as the future of the party right now.

I'd be fucking worried if I was Bernie Sanders about this Beto O'Rourke.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    As has already been mentioned, Jeb Bush was gangbusters when it came to raising cash and he's no more President of the United States today than you or I am. Sure, having a fat war chest is important as running for the highest office in the land is a costly endeavor, but money alone doesn't guarantee you a shot at the Oval Office.
    Nope, but if anyone beats Bernie at anything, it's rigged. He is a God among men.

Invincible Member

Nope, but if anyone beats Bernie at anything, it's rigged. He is a God among men.
    Bernie has his supporters but I don't think that's the overwhelming majority of the people who post the most on this thread.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Bernie supporters have to be worried.

- He's young.

- He's dynamic as a speaker.

- He's got a lure to the middle of the country where he's touring to get that support.

- He is seen as the future of the party right now.

I'd be fucking worried if I was Bernie Sanders about this Beto O'Rourke.
    Meh, Beto needs to stay in his lane. It would've been a great achievement to flip a Senate seat in Texas and he would've been a valuable vote there, but vanilla Obama doesn't have what it takes to be president and if he really cared about the country he'd know better than to throw his hat in the ring now given the importance of this election. Best case scenario, he'd be a good VP pick to pair with a more hard left nominee, but that's only possible if he doesn't rustle too many jimmies in the primary.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    if he really cared about the country he'd know better than to throw his hat in the ring now given the importance of this election.
    I thought the same thing when Bernie announced his 2020 run.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Meh, Beto needs to stay in his lane.
    There is no "lane" in the democratic process -- he's just as entitled to run as anyone else.

Let the voters decide.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-19-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Ultimate Member

"Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez accused President Donald Trump of signaling to white supremacists that he would “look the other way” as they commit acts of violence.

After the New Zealand mosque shootings by an self-described white supremacist, a reporter asked Trump if he saw white nationalism as a rising threat around the world.

“I don't really. I think it's a small group of people that have very, very serious problems,” Trump replied, before saying he did not at that time know much about the details of the New Zealand attack but that it was "certainly a terrible thing.”

Ocasio-Cortez, a New York Democrat, tweeted that Trump’s comments were a “deliberate” message to white supremacists.

“White supremacists committed the largest # of extremist killings in 2017,” she wrote, quote tweeting the Southern Poverty Law Center, a nonprofit legal advocacy organization whose focus is civil rights and public interest litigation.

“What the President is saying here: ‘if you engage in violent acts of white supremacy, I will look the other way.’ Understand that this is deliberate. This is why we can’t afford to sit on the sidelines.”

https://www.newsweek.com/ocasio-cort...olence-1367371
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-19-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    What really will shatter Bernie supporters is if Beto takes this early momentum and carries it on. Its a long way to 2020 primaries...so we shall see.
    What will shatter Bernie supporters is if we have a Democratic President sworn in in 2021 and they continue the now-longstanding tradition of Democratic Presidents governing like Rockefeller Republicans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    What will shatter Bernie supporters is if we have a Democratic President sworn in in 2021 and they continue the now-longstanding tradition of Democratic Presidents governing like Rockefeller Republicans.
    As long as it's not Trump, we good.

As long as it's not Trump, we good.
    So, if Mitt Romney primaries Trump and wins the nomination and the Presidency then?

You should have some qualifications. I mean Ted Cruz is not Trump either.

So, if Mitt Romney primaries Trump and wins the nomination and the Presidency then?

How about this: As long as they aren't unrepentant assholes topped with bigotry?

Mighty Member

Sorry, you said democratic president, so I was responding only to that. No, I don't want Romney or Cruz or any other republican, though it would still be an approvement over Trump. Mabybe not Cruz.

I meant, at this point, as long as it's a dem and not Trump, I don't really care any more. None of their policies are even going to make it anywhere--especially the good ones. And the worst dem wil at least not be actively trying to take away rights from certain groups of people as Trump's admin is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    How about this: As long as they aren't unrepentant assholes topped with bigotry?
    That's not enough to mitigate Mitch McConnell. Trump's a symptom, not the disease.

I meant, at this point, as long as it's a dem and not Trump, I don't really care any more. None of their policies are even going to make it anywhere--especially the good ones. And the worst dem wil at least not be actively trying to take away rights from certain groups of people as Trump's admin is doing.
    Fair enough. Dems need to take the Senate for it to mean much. I just think without that, you need someone pushing hard, at least rhetorically.