Page 907 of 985 FirstFirst ... 407807857897903904905906907908909910911917957 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,605 of 14769

Warren for me. I wish that she had gotten in the game last time around. even with the Pocahontas stuff, she was harder to attack than Hillary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    While it's still early, I'm also leaning towards Warren. But, I want to hear the platforms of all the candidates once the debates roll around.
    I'm also waiting to see who hangs around that long, and who takes themselves out of the race before then.

my money's on Corey Booker being one of the first to bow out; even though he has Rosario Dawson in his corner. him or Gillibrand.

The MAGA Bomber just plead guilty to all 65 felony counts against him.

It's starting to get hard keeping track of all the white nationalists inspired by Trump to attempt mass murder, though.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    my money's on Corey Booker being one of the first to bow out; even though he has Rosario Dawson in his corner.
    No shame in trying to find a corner with Rosario Dawson, none at all.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm also waiting to see who hangs around that long, and who takes themselves out of the race before then.
    I for one would like to see the list of Democratic hopefuls whittled down to say, a dozen before the debates begin. I don't want to see a repeat of the clown show the Republicans put on in 2016 with ten candidates on a main stage preceded by the political version of a prelim scrum (or a kiddie table, depending on your point of view) beforehand until the numbers shrank to a more manageable level.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    And imagine the Twitter debate between Rosario and Melania.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I for one would like to see the list of Democratic hopefuls whittled down to say, a dozen before the debates begin. I don't want to see a repeat of the clown show the Republicans put on in 2016 with ten candidates on a main stage preceded by the political version of a prelim scrum (or a kiddie table, depending on your point of view) beforehand until the numbers shrank to a more manageable level.
    Yeah, there are a few candidates where I'm wondering, why are they even running?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    And imagine the Twitter debate between Rosario and Melania.
    A teenager from her high school debate team would wipe the floor with FFLOTUS (Fake First Lady Of The United States).
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yeah, there are a few candidates where I'm wondering, why are they even running?
    there's money in it. that's why Trump and that pizza guy ran. they are also trying to push people closer to the center by attacking more progressive platforms.

This has changed since I last posted, mind you, because of more interviews and such coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You have Tulsi Gabbard ahead of Gillibrand? For real?
    1. Harris (I've wanted a Duckworth/Harris ticket forever, maybe it will be flipped? Using the stupid Trump Tax Cut to pay for her LIFE Act won me over.)
    2. Warren (I didn't think she'd do very well given her track record for getting attention for gaffs but she is on a solid hitting streak right now. Her wealth tax plan is genius and has broad support at ~60% according to HarrisX polling.)
    3. Booker (One of the few that can go to bat against Trump. The baby bond American Opportunity Accounts would be a great way to get children from all backgrounds to learn how to plan for the future by actually ... making America great again. Sick burn, Cory!)
    4. O'Rouke (He appears to have the small-town, rural sensibility that Biden has had, something much needed for the Ds right now. He'll handle immigration reform well.)
    5. Klobuchar (She's the practical moderate our country needs before we start progressing forward again. She's not going to make dumb promises or try to make things happen that are just going to be fought at every turn. She dropped from my #3 because she still has yet to produce some real policy ideas but instead focuses on what she has done.)
    6. Castro (He's shot up my list in recent weeks. His focus on early childhood education will be key in helping us out of the current climate. America needs to be at top again intellectually.)
    7. Gabbard (I liked a lot of her stances but her general demeanor and other weird stuff is quickly drawing her down for me. That being said, an anti-regime change stance is needed right now. The al-Assad stuff is getting Russian backing so I'm giving her some time to see if she will draw away but that's not happening. Given the current trend and barring a major course correction, she may be off my top 10 by the end of next week.)
    8. Gillibrand (She'll smack Trump around like the sexist idiot he is. She'll be an amazing champion for equality. My major concern is she doesn't care about context or facts when she goes all in, and that's dangerous with Trump. We can't have a candidate hand Trump a loaded gun. She has tempered some of those concerns for me in the last 24 hours by dropping some policy like the first Fair Wage Act that actually looks viable.)
    9. Buttigieg (An openly gay Rhodes Scholar who was elected mayor of his industrial Midwest city in his twenties, led an economic revival over his seven years in office, all while serving a 7 month tour with the Navy in Afghanistan. He's done more than Trump and he is the perefect anti-Trump in my mind. If not now, he'll be sticking around for awhile.)
    10. Inslee (He's my home state governor and represented my home state district, so this might be a bit of a homer vote for me. He appears to be the only candidate actually pushing hard climate policy, which appears to be what might be taking over all our debates in the coming decades.)

The rest are all "meh" to me. I forgot Yang and Williamson were even running. They are really the only 2 I think would be a FUBAR.

I will vote for ANY of the 2020 Dems though. This purity garbage needs to go. We have to move forward, even just a little. I will be knocking on doors this time, eggs be damned in my Trumpland town.

I really think Bernie and Biden would be best served to stump for somebody in this as opposed to running. We don't need an Ouroborous situation. I'm interested to see if Abrams throws in.

I still hope Duckworth does.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 03-22-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

My opinion of Tulsi softened a bit as well after I dug in a little too.

Her previous social stances and comments are horrendous. But those basically appear to me as comments made while brainwashed and working as part of her father's essentially religious cult. I do like to think/hope that people can change, and when that change in perspective comes from first hand experience, as she stated hers did while deployed overseas, I feel it means even more.

She still has some other problematic stances for me, but by and large I would be better with her receiving the nom than I would have when she first threw her hat in the ring. That said, I don't think she will get it at all. But who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    My opinion of Tulsi softened a bit as well after I dug in a little too.

Her previous social stances and comments are horrendous. But those basically appear to me as comments made while brainwashed and working as part of her father's essentially religious cult. I do like to think/hope that people can change, and when that change in perspective comes from first hand experience, as she stated hers did while deployed overseas, I feel it means even more.

She still has some other problematic stances for me, but by and large I would be better with her receiving the nom than I would have when she first threw her hat in the ring. That said, I don't think she will get it at all. But who knows.
    I kinda think she's done after today's al-Assad drop.

She'll at least be one of the first out, IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    9. Buttigieg (An openly gay Rhodes Scholar who was elected mayor of his industrial Midwest city in his twenties, led an economic revival over his seven years in office, all while serving a 7 month tour with the Navy in Afghanistan. He's done more than Trump and he is the perefect anti-Trump in my mind. If not now, he'll be sticking around for awhile.)
    funny name (and not 'Obama-funny') and openly gay. doesn't have a prayer.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    funny name (and not 'Obama-funny') and openly gay. doesn't have a prayer.
    He'll kick his opponents in the Buttigieg and win the nomination.
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!