Page 928 of 985 FirstFirst ... 428828878918924925926927928929930931932938978 ... LastLast
Results 13,906 to 13,920 of 14769
    Extraordinary Member

The whole collusion thing always was a massive stretch without much evidence for it. It also would be improbable that Mueller spent two years of his life on one investigation,while being attacked by the President, only to sit by and let Barr go on television mischaracterizing his report. Especially when Barr said that he intends to release as much of the report as possible and Congress had a 420-0 vote to release it. That isn’t staying under wraps. So you’d have to assume that Barr basically trashed his career and likely landed himself in his prison under the hopes that Mueller Ian’s his team never testifies to Congress or Congress doesn’t push the reports release.

Even on the obstruction charge, Barr made it very clear how he felt about it and Mueller punted it to him anyways..

Hanging on to this Russia conspiracy thing is venturing into crackpot territory. It was a nice sexy story, but never really held up to much scrutiny. Wtf could Trump’s team offer to Russia? Why does Trump have policies that have directly undercut Russia? Like contrary to popular belief, he’s actually done quite a few things (some selfish and stupid to be sure) that were not to Russia’s benefit. If they could just release something and torpedo his Presidency, you’d have to wonder why.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the right one. Russia spread a social media campaign to influence the election, they never had greab relations with Hilary and viewed her as a threat, Trump was the surprise candidate who benefitted.

There are so many violations with actual teeth that you could go after Trump on (emoluments being the big one) that going for some stretch of him being some Russian conspirator was always a waste of time.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Hanging on to this Russia conspiracy thing is venturing into crackpot territory. It was a nice sexy story, but never really held up to much scrutiny. Wtf could Trump’s team offer to Russia?
    Already posted the video of Trump arguing for the removal of Russian sanctions with Maria Butina prior to his election -- just because he was overridden by Congress doesn't mean that wasn't his goal.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=48981626

It's not "crackpot" to point out the obvious -- whether there is enough evidence available to win a conspiracy case in a court of law is another matter entirely.

Doesn't mean Trump shouldn't go down for other criminal and/or unethical behavior just that it's equally important to remember that our democracy is under direct attack by the Russians and Trump (with the support of his Republican allies) is one of their key enablers.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-27-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Right now no Trump supporter can explain why McConnell is blocking the Mueller report. Its clear that the Obstruction charges is why he's doing it. But the whole idea to try and block it from coming out is beyond silly given that Fox News and more are proclaiming how innocent he is.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Right now no Trump supporter can explain why McConnell is blocking the Mueller report. Its clear that the Obstruction charges is why he's doing it. But the whole idea to try and block it from coming out is beyond silly given that Fox News and more are proclaiming how innocent he is.
    We are talking about the dude that technically blocked his own bill just because Obama and the democrats agreed with it...so yeah. It seems to be all he knows how to do.

The report is done. I wasn't hanging too much on that anyway, it was just added info. Apparently he got no bump from the results so let's just win on policy.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    We are talking about the dude that technically blocked his own bill just because Obama and the democrats agreed with it...so yeah. It seems to be all he knows how to do.
    I think McConnell is afraid if its showed just how much Trump obstructed justice he's gonna face fire. Already legal advisers aren't happy with how Barr seems to be allowing it.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Already posted the video of Trump arguing for the removal of Russian sanctions with Maria Butina prior to his election -- just because he was overridden by Congress doesn't mean that wasn't his goal.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...ry?id=48981626

It's not "crackpot" to point out the obvious -- whether there is enough evidence available to win a conspiracy case in a court of law is another matter entirely.

Doesn't mean Trump shouldn't go down for other criminal and/or unethical behavior just that it's equally important to remember that our democracy is under direct attack by the Russians and Trump (with the support of his Republican allies) is one of their key enablers.
    Yeah there’s ways he’s helped out Russia.There’s also things like him trying to blow up the Germany and Russia pipeline deal because America isn’t in on it, or various support in foreign policy for the Ukraine and our efforts in Syria which completely undermine Russia. It’s not just one or the other. And if he was some foreign conspirator, you’d have to think he’d be too terrified to go against Putin on such things. Putin would have information that could kill his Presidency and completely **** any of his policy.

Trump colluding with Russia was always a reach and most of the evidence relied on massive assumptions and attempting to connect dots. It was never the slam dunk case people thought it was and many people accurately predicted as such.

And quite frankly, the idea that a two year long report was completed and within two days Barr essentially misrepresented the whole thing when Mueller and his team could easily refute him is again kind of out there. The amount of **** it would open up Barr to when plenty of people exist and worked on the investigation and could have info to refute him and make him one of the worst political criminals in American history just makes it on its face completely not realistic.

There’s better things to go after Trump for. I really don’t see a situation where something comes out that completely contradicts Barr’s summary. Even on obstruction, where Barr made the judgment call on it, Mueller kicked it over knowing Barr already had a spat over their differing interpretations of obstruction

BANNED

Yeah there’s ways he’s helped out Russia.There’s also things like him trying to blow up the Germany and Russia pipeline deal because America isn’t in on it, or various support in foreign policy for the Ukraine and our efforts in Syria which completely undermine Russia. It’s not just one or the other. And if he was some foreign conspirator, you’d have to think he’d be too terrified to go against Putin on such things. Putin would have information that could kill his Presidency and completely **** any of his policy.

Trump colluding with Russia was always a reach and most of the evidence relied on massive assumptions and attempting to connect dots. It was never the slam dunk case people thought it was and many people accurately predicted as such.

And quite frankly, the idea that a two year long report was completed and within two days Barr essentially misrepresented the whole thing when Mueller and his team could easily refute him is again kind of out there. The amount of **** it would open up Barr to when plenty of people exist and worked on the investigation and could have info to refute him and make him one of the worst political criminals in American history just makes it on its face completely not realistic.

There’s better things to go after Trump for. I really don’t see a situation where something comes out that completely contradicts Barr’s summary. Even on obstruction, where Barr made the judgment call on it, Mueller kicked it over knowing Barr already had a spat over their differing interpretations of obstruction
    Considering everyone in this administration and the tons of easily refuted lies told by those Not-Trump which have ruined at least a few careers, anyone thinking that Barr wouldn't misrepresent anything out of fear of the consequences isn't consistent with reality.

And welcome back, I see you missed us!

I think McConnell is afraid if its showed just how much Trump obstructed justice he's gonna face fire. Already legal advisers aren't happy with how Barr seems to be allowing it.
    Let Barr put out his "version" of the report. Then some patriot will leak the true report. Let's compare then shall we?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Maybe there IS something in the report that Turtle Boy wants kept under wraps by any means necessary. Then again, maybe it's a nothingburger, but he's so used to playing the obstruction game after all these years, McConnell is stonewalling for no other reason than mere shits and giggles. Hell, if the Capitol cafeteria changed it's lunch menu tomorrow, McConnell would block it's release to the public because he could.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Considering everyone in this administration and the tons of easily refuted lies told by those Not-Trump which have ruined at least a few careers, anyone thinking that Barr wouldn't misrepresent anything out of fear of the consequences isn't consistent with reality.

And welcome back, I see you missed us!
    Not you Dalak

Ultimate Member

Never said it was and it's also proof that Trump isn't as stupid as people say -- again, anyone can "connect the dots" given Trump's direct support of Putin -- and vise versa -- but proving it in court is another matter entirely, especially with someone so experienced in avoiding criminal prosecution.

And you're missing my key point here -- I'm not so much concerned with "taking Trump down" as I am with protecting our democratic process.

If you or anyone else wants to focus on the many other issues relevant to Trump's behavior that's great -- my foremost concern, however, revolves around the fact that Trump has not only repeatedly denied Russian interference in our elections despite all evidence to the contrary, but has likewise supported things like creating a "cybersecurity strategy" with Putin himself right after being told the Russians interfered in the elections.

Obstruction, money laundering, fraud (etc) all remain on the table and those things will likely be addressed in time but there's no reason to ignore the fact that if the Russians are allowed to get away with directly interfering in our elections, then we'll continue to see people like Trump elected -- and re-elected -- to office.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 03-27-2019 at 08:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Let Barr put out his "version" of the report. Then some patriot will leak the true report. Let's compare then shall we?
    I hope so, but generally I just want to see the report.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe there IS something in the report that Turtle Boy wants kept under wraps by any means necessary. Then again, maybe it's a nothingburger, but he's so used to playing the obstruction game after all these years, McConnell is stonewalling for no other reason than mere shits and giggles. Hell, if the Capitol cafeteria changed it's lunch menu tomorrow, McConnell would block it's release to the public because he could.
    That belligerent Mitch would block it just to piss off the left, you aren't wrong there.

Not you Dalak
    Such things do not tribble me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    That belligerent Mitch would block it just to piss off the left, you aren't wrong there.
    When it comes to "owning the libs", the REAL power has always been McConnell. Trump is nothing more than his useful idiot.

Barbara Bush: Did she still consider herself a Republican? 'I'd probably say no today.'

EXCLUSIVE: This story is adapted from The Matriarch: Barbara Bush and the Making of an American Dynasty, which will be published April 2 by Twelve Books. Author Susan Page, the Washington Bureau chief of USA TODAY, spent hours interviewing the former first lady during the final six months of Bush's life and was given access to her personal diaries spanning decades.

Barbara Bush blamed Donald Trump for her heart attack.

It wasn’t technically a heart attack, though she called it that. It was a crisis in her long battle with congestive heart failure and chronic pulmonary disease that hit her like a sledgehammer one day in June 2016. An ambulance was called to take her to the hospital. The two former presidents who had been at home with her that day, her husband and her oldest son, trailed in a car driven by the Secret Service. The tumultuous presidential campaign in general and Trump’s ridicule of son Jeb Bush in particular had riled her. “Angst,” she told me.
    Afterward, Jeb, whose presidential campaign was already history, urged her to let it go, to focus on herself and have faith in the country.

“There’s just a lot of angst” among those distressed by President Trump’s leadership, Jeb Bush told me, using the same word that his mother had used. “So I think one of the solutions is don’t watch it; don’t obsess.”

“Jeb said, ‘Mom, don’t worry about things you can’t do anything about,’ ” Barbara Bush recalled. “He’s right. Just do good, make life better for someone else.”

How did she think things were going in the USA in the Age of Trump?

"I'm trying not to think about it," she said in an interview as the first anniversary of Trump's election approached. "We're a strong country, and I think it will all work out.” Even so, she was dismayed by the nation’s divisions and by the direction of the party she had worked for, and for so long.
    Did she still consider herself a Republican?

In an interview with me in October 2017, she answered that question yes. When I asked her again four months later, in February 2018, she said, "I'd probably say no today."

That was a stunning acknowledgment. Barbara Bush had been one of the most recognizable faces of the Republican Party through two presidencies. She was the matriarch of one of the GOP’s leading families. But after Trump’s rise, she saw it as a party she could not continue to support, a party she no longer recognized – even as one of her grandsons, George P. Bush, was on the ballot as a Republican running for re-election as Texas land commissioner.

Her comment reflected the aftershocks of the earthquake that was the 2016 election.
    Someone will inevitably tell Trump about this piece (he won't read it himself, takes away from his valuable time spent tweeting and watching Faux News), show him the first sentence: Barbara Bush blamed Donald Trump for her heart attack, then he'll go ballistic and attack her. Given his dislike for the Bushes, that much is a certainty.