Page 930 of 985 FirstFirst ... 430830880920926927928929930931932933934940980 ... LastLast
Results 13,936 to 13,950 of 14769
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cimmerian View Post
    Oh man, it’s hysterical how the left has suddenly embraced the likes of the Bush’s and the McCain’s.

I guess I’m old enough to remember 2005-2008.

Or back in 2000 when the Bush’s floated that hit piece about John McCain having a mixed love child.

Too funny
    Fox news doesn't allow you to know this but outside the way Bush treats the secret service, he isn't being liked by the left. Saying that they prefer Bush over trump is an insult, not a compliment. McCain has always been respected by the left. Not his politics but his service and some of his views.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Fox news doesn't allow you to know this but outside the way Bush treats the secret service, he isn't being liked by the left. Saying that they prefer Bush over trump is an insult, not a compliment. McCain has always been respected by the left. Not his politics but his service and some of his views.
    It's in evidence that the strain of the right that the cimmerian represents, does neither nuance or empathy well.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 03-27-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Maybe there IS something in the report that Turtle Boy wants kept under wraps by any means necessary. Then again, maybe it's a nothingburger, but he's so used to playing the obstruction game after all these years, McConnell is stonewalling for no other reason than mere shits and giggles. Hell, if the Capitol cafeteria changed it's lunch menu tomorrow, McConnell would block it's release to the public because he could.
    Donald Trump is a corrupt garbage fire of a president who is awful for America in every possible way (except, apparently, deliberate treason...gotta give him that much, I guess...). No question.

But he isn't the worst thing to happen to America. That would be Yertle McTurtle, the incredible obstructionist egomaniac who has, over his decades of 'civil service' (or, rather, using civil service to get rich accepting every corporate and lobbyist dollar he can get his withered hands on because hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in actual salary isn't enough for him or his wife...), turned the Republican party into the party of hypocrisy, religious mania, gun nuts, bigots, and under-educated yahoos. He has ensured that progress of any kind, on anything except making rich people richer and poor people poorer, ground to a halt years ago. He doesnt support the status quo, like a traditional conservative should. He supports the rich ruling everything, and the poor fucking off and dying in service to the rich. B

Stasis and corruption in the name of getting all the ducats. That is Mitch McConnell's legacy. I am gonna celebrate when the chinless wonder finally kicks the bucket, and I hope it's not a peaceful, quick death.

Instead, I am sure that, like his fellow anti-American politician Dick 'Darth Vader' Cheney, he'll use his blood money and corporate connections to extend his life well past it's natural expiration date.

This world deserves to burn...
    Last edited by zinderel; 03-27-2019 at 03:18 PM.

I just wish we could stop giving Mitch McConnell cute nicknames, this man is the gravedigger of our democracy and needs to be treated with the disgust that earns.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I just wish we could stop giving Mitch McConnell cute nicknames, this man is the gravedigger of our democracy and needs to be treated with the disgust that earns.
    i call him "turtle bitch mitch".

I’m sure there was some Nostradamus prediction that said “a great and prosperous empire will be destroyed by an evil turtle!”

Oh how that laughed at my predictions!!!

From the "Illinois" corner...

An e-mail memo has leaked that seems to be Kim Foxx telling her subordinates to create a "Pattern" of the sort of deal that Smollett was given being given to regular Janes/Joes.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    That's fair. I don't like using his given name much, because that feels like an honor. I apply a mocking nickname at times because it's cathartic and keeps me from screaming in unadulterated rage at his blatant, unashamed wickedness and the support he retains from his gullible, dim, bigoted party core.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    That's fair. I don't like using his given name much, because that feels like an honor. I apply a mocking nickname at times because it's cathartic and keeps me from screaming in unadulterated rage at his blatant, unashamed wickedness and the support he retains from his gullible, dim, bigoted party core.
    That is also fair.

One could hope that Trump is doing what he is doing because he really doesn't want to be President anymore. Though the idiot's around him might be driving that truck and planning on plowing through 2020 like a crazed terrorist.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    For me, he will always be the Mitchocrite.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Since it doesn't seem like this has come up...

https://www.newsweek.com/flint-michi...-chaos-1374692

Flint Mayor Could Receive 36 Percent Pay Raise Amid Ongoing Water Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    "Lies" aren't even the issue here, Mets -- the cover up is the lack of transparency (such as claiming that Trump shouldn't even be questioned), which is a standard Republican tactic.

Trump is the liar -- McConnell and the rest of the Republicans (like yourself) just cover for him by trying to deflect to other issues, rather than actually addressing the issue of Russian interference in our democracy directly.
    You suggested a cover-up by Barr. I noted that if he's misleading on his categorization of the Mueller report, it's likely to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    He seems to be treated better in the media now.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...mobile-vpx.cnn

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Right now no Trump supporter can explain why McConnell is blocking the Mueller report. Its clear that the Obstruction charges is why he's doing it. But the whole idea to try and block it from coming out is beyond silly given that Fox News and more are proclaiming how innocent he is.
    The honest response is that it's possible that Mueller report has material that isn't flattering to Trump, but legal and Republicans don't want it to come out because it's shifting goal posts from the initial argument (Did the Trump campaign conspire with the Russian government in election interference?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Meanwhile, San Diego is out to make homelessness even more criminal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sa...cid=spartanntp

I have a trans acquaintance who was rendered homeless. They were arrested for, if I recall right, driving without a license turning their car on to heat it.

They were just cold.
    The behavior of the homeless is becoming a serious issue in the West Coast. I can understand an aggressive response.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I know it was intentional. It's called white disinformation. It's why I disengaged.
    I haven't heard the phrase "white disinformation before" and a google-search doesn't bring up anything.

That said, it is pretty useful to have a term for something that is technically correct and misleading/ evasive. It's still important to discuss the specific facts, and to avoid incentives for dodgy tactics like saying something untrue, and then arguing that someone who notes the error isn't addressing the substance.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Republicans are the worst. I'm not going to list it because it's wasted space in typing but if your reason for winning is that you got a slight increase on your tax returns your a piece of shit. Enjoy your Anti-vax facebook pages and Ar-15 you degenerate. I'm sure that the kid your excited for is going to enjoy getting blown away in school but what do you care, you got an assault rifle. That's better than a functioning government and protecting the next generation.

But your owning the libs so please continue your enjoyment of Chick fil A and Fox and friends. Don't let me stop you, I'm just going to be over here supporting the people who are actually getting shit done.
    The anti-vax movement is stupid but non-partisan.

The overwhelming majority of gun deaths are caused by handguns, so a ban on AR-15s isn't going to accomplish much. The individual odds of dying violently are still relatively low, so it seems unlikely that the best use of political capital is to prevent law abiding citizens from possessing semi-automatic rifles. It's not something that makes a specific child dying in school a likely outcome.

As Pete Buttigieg said of Chick-Fil-A, "I do not approve of their politics, but I kind of approve of their chicken."

https://twitter.com/lizzywol/status/1110670383684993026

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Since it doesn't seem like this has come up...

https://www.newsweek.com/flint-michi...-chaos-1374692
    So?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So?
    So...

The situation in Flint should not just fall by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimmerian View Post
    Oh man, it’s hysterical how the left has suddenly embraced the likes of the Bush’s and the McCain’s.

I guess I’m old enough to remember 2005-2008.

Or back in 2000 when the Bush’s floated that hit piece about John McCain having a mixed love child.

Too funny
    Did you have a chance to think about my question concerning the TPP?
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe