Page 946 of 985 FirstFirst ... 446846896936942943944945946947948949950956 ... LastLast
Results 14,176 to 14,190 of 14769
    Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The current Republican idea of compromise is the Democrats giving them everything the right wants in exchange for nothing the left wants. Anything else is seen as complete capitulation.
    In other words, what Trump intended for the government shutdown to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    No big deal. Just the chairman of the North Carolina GOP arrested on bribery charges.

It is actually even bigger than that:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/splinte...1833755409/amp

How far does the rot spread in NC?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Double congrats because of that extra accomplishment.
    But... isn't she a "cop" just like Kamala Harris? How come you like this one?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Liberal author Molly Jong-Fast (daughter of the legendary Erica Jong, no less) is live-tweeting form the anti-abortion propaganda flick "Unplanned":

https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/st...90306241114118
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Speaking of the anti-choice crowd: Once babies are born, they don't matter anymore.

After hundreds of crashes, this Britax jogging stroller faced recall. Then Trump appointees stepped in.

According to a review of documents by The Washington Post and interviews with eight current and former senior agency officials, the agency’s Republican chairwoman kept Democratic commissioners in the dark about the stroller investigation and then helped end the case in court. Some spoke on the condition of anonymity because of agency rules against discussing cases.

These events occurred with little notice amid other, higher-profile deregulatory moves by the Trump administration. But consumer advocates said changes at the Consumer Product Safety Commission could be a worrisome sign of regulators pulling back at an agency that oversees safety in 15,000 everyday products, from toys and dressers to lawn mowers and table saws.

Hillary was right!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post

How far does the rot spread in NC?
    A more accurate question might be to ask 'Where isn't it rotten in NC?'
    Dark does not mean deep.

Biden just apologized and promised to be more mindful of other people's personal space going forward.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Biden just apologized and promised to be more mindful of other people's personal space going forward.
    An apology and a promise to do better!?

Not good enough! Rake him across the coals! Dehumanize him in every media outlet! Burn down his house and salt the ashes! Drive him from the halls of power for all time, even if doing so makes us look easily manipulated by bad faith arguments from the side defending President 'Grab 'em by the p******'! We must purge the unclean, no matter how minor their sin in comparison to the man leading the party...and the bulk of those in leadership position in within the GOP...

PURITY OR DEATH!

Sarcasm aside, I hope his apology is sincere and he really does intend to do better moving forward. Of course, that didn't help when we purged Al Franken, so...see ya, Mr. Biden, enjoy retirement. We won't be having your back, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Unfortunately, only voters in Kentucky can vote for or against McConnell. There's a reason he's never run for President or VP.
    It might a useful variation of democracy if one could vote against a given candidate....

I can certainly think of elections where I dislike all the candidates, and have to vote for candidate I dislike the least.

I might well have preferred to have a negative vote to cast against candidate I dislike the most...so if candidate had a 100 positive votes, my vote reduced running total to 99.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    But... isn't she a "cop" just like Kamala Harris? How come you like this one?
    You might have missed some things about Lightfoot.

As for "...A 'Cop'...", that's something that other folks have tossed out there as the problem with Harris. Not really my issue. While Lightfoot does have issues, they are nothing like keeping someone in jail for a couple of years after a Federal Judge has ruled that they should be released.

For starters.

BANNED

You're Quoting Dana Milbank Tami, do better.

Intermediary

Hi all, im new

got tired of the din of social media so I figured Id go low fi

well, it does seem a bit more civil here

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Sure!........and yet, not a single conservative on this message board has even made an attempt to disprove the point he's trying to make. I'd bet if someone was to start now, significant leeway would be made due to the fact that he's had such a large head start!
    This thread doesn't have a lot of conservative regulars. But the main point he's trying to make, that with a selection of tens of thousands of potential candidates (everyone who has been a member of one of the two major parties and been elected to the US congress, to Governor, to mayor, to state legislatures and to any other elected position, as well as anyone who has ever been the party's nominee for any office in the last five years, as well as anyone who has ever run for the nomination and lost in that time period) that you can, with enough time, do a daily series about flawed politicians.

The only thing Democrats would be asking is why does McConnell have different standards with a Republican President?
    Well, he could say that upon further reflection, he has been persuaded by their arguments at the time.

The reality is that the main standard that mattered is that in a time of growing partisanship over Supreme Court openings, Democrats did not have the majority necessary in order to flip a 5-4 conservative court to a 5-4 liberal court after Scalia's passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    But IG, the Dems are doooooooooooomed.
    In other election news, the Democratic backed candidate for state supreme court justice in Wisconsin is several thousand votes behind the Republican-backed candidate, who had been abandoned by groups like the Chamber of Commerce since they thought he had no shot.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...rn/3345051002/

It's foolish for anyone to say the Democrats are doooooooooooomed. But it would also be foolish to suggest the next election has a foregone conclusion.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    You're Quoting Dana Milbank Tami, do better.
    Next time I will, but my opinion remains the same.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Intermediary

the only candidate I am a firm NO on is Kamala Harris

her actions and policies as AG hurt minorities and marginalized people disproportionately and I can not support that