Page 947 of 985 FirstFirst ... 447847897937943944945946947948949950951957 ... LastLast
Results 14,191 to 14,205 of 14769
    "Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

At this point, I generally don't really care anymore. Just give me our Democrat nominee and I'll vote for them automatically. Don't need to fall in love or anything. I lean a bit towards Warren if I had to pick, but otherwise, whoever wins I'll vote for them.

Intermediary

I know the old line because my father is a former Republican

"Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line"

I dont need a pure candidate but I do need them to understand nuance and just being anti-45 isn't enough

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's foolish for anyone to say the Democrats are doooooooooooomed. But it would also be foolish to suggest the next election has a foregone conclusion.

Because we can always count on the Republican party to turn out in droves to support both corruption and stupidity in equal measure.

-----
    "When the wind stops blowing, that's the end of your electric," Trump told the Conservative Political Action Conference March 2. "Let's hurry up. ‘Darling, is the wind blowing today? I'd like to watch television, darling.’ "

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...e-wind-energy/
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 04-03-2019 at 06:59 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Hi all, im new

got tired of the din of social media so I figured Id go low fi

well, it does seem a bit more civil here
    First welcome, second it can get heated but for the most part its civil. Mods take action when people behave badly, so there's a plus.

Regards to VP Biden, my only thoughts are that people won't go nuts because unlike Al where there were photos of hands near breasts, in this case it was a far more mild thing to most people. On top of that he looks like "grandpa" vs. Franken who is younger looking, thus "more creepy" to people.

It's going to be an intresting watch for the ladies, because the question right now is, would people be reacting as they are to Harris if she was a He? Not saying her actions weren't wrong, but, would this be as brought up as much as it has been for a Male counterpart? Gut tells me no.

Lightfoot is going to be an interesting case as some people in the LGBTQA community are not thrilled with her win. However, she won by a very large margin due to Toni Prepwinkle being really well know for her not so great decisions, sugar tax, and the addition of her whole thing with Kim Foxx right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    First welcome, second it can get heated but for the most part its civil. Mods take action when people behave badly, so there's a plus.

Regards to VP Biden, my only thoughts are that people won't go nuts because unlike Al where there were photos of hands near breasts, in this case it was a far more mild thing to most people. On top of that he looks like "grandpa" vs. Franken who is younger looking, thus "more creepy" to people.

It's going to be an intresting watch for the ladies, because the question right now is, would people be reacting as they are to Harris if she was a He? Not saying her actions weren't wrong, but, would this be as brought up as much as it has been for a Male counterpart? Gut tells me no.

Lightfoot is going to be an interesting case as some people in the LGBTQA community are not thrilled with her win. However, she won by a very large margin due to Toni Prepwinkle being really well know for her not so great decisions, sugar tax, and the addition of her whole thing with Kim Foxx right now.
    One guy's take...

If you have to admit that the actions were wrong? That's the end of the conversation.

We are talking about someone that was at the top of the chain of command who tried to use the point in time that paperwork was filed to keep an innocent man in jail after a Federal Judge ordered his release. There is no grey there. It's all "Black"/"White".

If any "Would This Be?..." scenario should be considered, it's how would any Democrat see and react to this if it was a Republican who was in Harris place.

Would there be anyone trying to explain it away then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Next time I will, but my opinion remains the same.
    Fair enough.

That said, you could have given me the author's name and what the article was about.

I would have guessed ninety-five percent of what was going to be in the article.

The guy isn't exactly the most objective player in the game. Not the only one, but it is what it is. Dude's practically as predictable as Hannity/Pirro.

Let's just recap Trump corruption stories from today:

• Mueller's prosecutors report that AG William Barr's "summary report" that somehow he now claims isn't a summary report is misleading, and there are far more troubling crimes listed in it.
    • Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump are confirmed as two individuals whose security clearance was rejected by investigators, but still green-lit by the White House, due to foreign influence over them. Both have been lying about how they received security clearance, claiming they got it through "normal" channels.
    • The House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Richard Neal has asked the IRS for Trump's tax returns from 2013-2018. There is zero precedent for the IRS to be able to refuse this request, and the law that states this can be done was written because of the Teapot Dome Scandal.
    • House Oversight Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler is days away from subpoenaing the Administration for the Mueller Report to be released unredacted.
    • House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff continues to push back on attempts by William Barr to redact the Mueller Report.

Unraveling faster and faster. Much like the president's mental state.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I agree. As California attorney-general, she never took action against some people who should have been prosecuted. That is why I do not trust Harris.
    A number of people that have issues with her are actually arguing the opposite. That’s funny. Almost like a black female candidate would be picked apart either way. Fancy that.

As for O’Rourke, I know there were people asking for proof of “white Obama” comments from Sanders supporters. Here is one from the wilds of social media:

1A5AE076-B962-42FA-BF4A-5D8AE288CEC6.jpg
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One guy's take...

If you have to admit that the actions were wrong? That's the end of the conversation.

We are talking about someone that was at the top of the chain of command who tried to use the point in time that paperwork was filed to keep an innocent man in jail after a Federal Judge ordered his release. There is no grey there. It's all "Black"/"White".

If any "Would This Be?..." scenario should be considered, it's how would any Democrat see and react to this if it was a Republican who was in Harris place.

Would there be anyone trying to explain it away then?
    I was going to argue that Kamala Harris might have good faith arguments for Larsen's guilt, and against one judge's opinion, but this is not a good case for her.

https://californiainnocenceproject.o...daniel-larsen/

Daniel Larsen was released from prison in 2013. After a lengthy battle with the state and federal courts, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals denied the Attorney General’s appeal.

In March of 2013, in Los Angeles, Federal Magistrate Judge Suzanne Segal ordered Danny’s immediate release. Fourteen years after his wrongful imprisonment for possession of a knife, he finally became a free man.

In 1999, Daniel Larsen was convicted of possession of a concealed weapon after two police officers testified they saw him toss a knife under a nearby car in the parking lot of a bar. Unfortunately, Danny’s now-disbarred trial attorney failed to discover as many as nine percipient witnesses, including a former Chief of Police from North Carolina, who saw another man, not Danny, toss the knife. Danny’s trial attorney did not call a single witness, and as a result, Danny was convicted and sentenced to 27 years-to-life in prison pursuant to California’s Three Strikes Law (Danny had prior convictions that occurred nearly a decade earlier).

During our post-conviction investigation, we gathered statements from many of these witnesses and presented the evidence to the California courts who summarily denied each petition. Then, we went to federal court, and eleven years after his conviction, a federal district court took the case seriously, held an extensive hearing, reversed the conviction, and ordered him released.

The court found that Danny was innocent, the police officers who testified at his trial were not credible, and his trial attorney was constitutionally ineffective for failing to call witnesses on Mr. his behalf.

Before Mr. Larsen was released, the Attorney General appealed the judge’s ruling. The Attorney General’s main argument was that even if Danny was innocent, his conviction should not be reversed because he waited too long to file his petition. In other words, an innocent man should spend his life in prison due to a legal technicality.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    A number of people that have issues with her are actually arguing the opposite. That’s funny. Almost like a black female candidate would be picked apart either way. Fancy that.

As for O’Rourke, I know there were people asking for proof of “white Obama” comments from Sanders supporters. Here is one from the wilds of social media:

1A5AE076-B962-42FA-BF4A-5D8AE288CEC6.jpg
    Wow.

A whole one.

That probably is totally on the level.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 04-03-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Wow.

A whole one.

That probably is totally on the level.
    First it’s “find one”. And now it’s “only one”. Even though others have demonstrated that they’ve seen them too. Are we really saying that I photoshopped it together? Ugh.

Here’s the link to the post and it is towards the bottom of the thread of comments for Troy Welansky: https://www.facebook.com/5281959998/...129999?sfns=mo
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

As for that...

Bringing up legitimate issues(Herbalife, anyone?) is not "Picking Apart".

First it’s “find one”. And now it’s “only one”. Even though others have demonstrated that they’ve seen them too. Are we really saying that I photoshopped it together? Ugh.

Here’s the link to the post and it is towards the bottom of the thread of comments for Troy Welansky: https://www.facebook.com/5281959998/...129999?sfns=mo
    More like...

Most folks accept the actual lay of the land(that things are at best "Fishy" when it comes to most of what you will see and hear. Double for social media of any type).

That said, some folks seem like they are ready like Freddy to set that reality aside when something they seem to want to believe may or may not actually taking place.

Personally, I'm gonna keep the former in mind when the latter seems like it might be happening.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 04-03-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleMan View Post
    Hi all, im new

got tired of the din of social media so I figured Id go low fi

well, it does seem a bit more civil here
    Welcome, it's always nice to see new people coming in.
    (Run away! There's still time!)
    I hope you enjoy it here.

Arguing with 30 is frequently like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz9HDvg_mp0